Author Topic: These Are the Roughly 200 Businesses Whose Leaders Are Backing Gun Control Initiatives  (Read 758 times)

Offline mountaineer

These Are the Roughly 200 Businesses Whose Leaders Are Backing Gun Control Initiatives
Beth Baumann
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 6:20 PM
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms launched an initiative last year aimed at providing information to Second Amendment-loving Americans. The goal was to provide a comprehensive list of companies and/or CEOs who back gun control initiatives and legislation or have anti-firearm corporate policies in place. ...

According to Gottlieb, putting together the list was about giving pro-gun Americans knowledge about their purchasing habits. It's not about boycotting companies and businesses but rather about giving Americans the ability to make informed decisions about where their hard-earned dollars go. ...

Below are the roughly 200 businesses that made the list:

20/20 Vision
A&M Records
AlleyCorp
Alphabet, Inc.
Amalgamated Bank
Ambition
AMC Theatres
AOL / Time Warner
Ariel Investments LLC
Artsy
Ascend.io
Aspiration
AT&T
Aura
AutoZone
Backpack
Bad Robot
Bain Capital
Bank of America
Beeswax
Begin
Betaworks
Beyond Meat
Bloomberg LP
Bonusly
Brat
Brookfield Property
Brud
Bumble
Burger King
Cambly
Catch & Release
Cerebras Systems
Chipotle
Circle Medical
ClassPass
Clearbit
Clever
Clockwise
CNN
Color Genomics
Comcast
Conde Nast
Costco
Credit Karma
Crunchbase
Curalate
Curtsy
Dannon
Delta Airlines
DICK’S Sporting Goods
Disney Company
DoorDash
Doxel, Inc.
Ebay
Ecolab
Edelman
Elektra Labs
Emerson Collective
Enterprise
Eventbrite
Farmstead
Full Picture
Fundera
Gap Inc.
Gateway Computers
GE
GEICO
Goat Group
Golden
Graphic Packaging
Group Nine Media
Gucci
Guru
Hallmark Cards
Hard Rock Cafe
Havas Group
HBO
Hint, Inc.
HipDot
Hooked
Horizon Media
Humbition
Impossible Foods
Interpublic
Intuit
JOOR
Jumbo Privacy
Kabbage Inc.

Kadena
Kanga
Knowable
Lattice
Levi Strauss & Co.
Lucent Technologies
Lyft
MetaProp.vc
MetLife
Microsoft
Modern Fertility
MongoDB Inc.
MSNBC
MTV
Navient
NBC Universal
NCR Corp.
Neighborland
NewsCred
Nextdoor
NowThis
Nurx
Oaktree Capital
Oberndorf Enterprises
Oceans
OfferUp
Okta
Omnicom Group
Openpath
Panera Bread
Parabol
Paravision
Paypal
Pinterest
Plato Design
Postmates
Presto
Prima
Progressive Insurance
Prologis
Publicis Groupe
Quartzy
Reddit
Ribbon Health
Ro
Roofstock
Royal Caribbean Cruises
RXR Realty
Sara Lee
SelfMade
Shoptiques Inc.
Showtime Cable Network
Shutterstock Inc.
Sidewalk Labs
Sift
Skillshare
SkySafe
Small Door
SmartAsset
Snapdocs, Inc.
Solve.io
Sonic
Southwestern Bell
Splash
Square and Twitter
Squarespace
Standard Bots
Subway
Sundia Corporation
Sunlight Health
Superplastic
SurveyMonkey
SV Angel
Symantec
ThirdLove
Thisopenspace inc.
Thrive Capital
Thrive Global
ThunderCore Inc.
Tillable
Tinder
TOMS
Twilio
Uber
Uniform Teeth
Viosera Therapeutics
Virtual Kitchen
Voxer
Voyage
Watsi
WayUp
Whalar
Wizeline
WPP
X.ai, inc.
Y Combinator
Yelp
Yum Brands
Zola
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/02/21/these-are-the-roughly-200-businesses-whose-leaders-are-backing-gun-control-initia-n2585088
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I count only 5 that will need to reevaluate business.

Sonic is a shocker, considering their customer base in rural America, 

AT&T and Paypal...   Now those are tough.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Panera and maybe AutoZone are the only two I might have patronized, and there are plenty of alternatives in those sectors.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's really sad to see how many companies I patronize or have used in the past are on that list.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I count only 5 that will need to reevaluate business.

Sonic is a shocker, considering their customer base in rural America, 
AT&T and Paypal...   Now those are tough.

@catfish1957

Yeah,but the BOD of Sonic live in exclusive enclaves in or near big cities. They never meet the customers,they just bank the profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Microsoft and Paypal... Pretty hard to get away from those. At least while I am still in business and a Windows tech. As it is they get damn little from me, either one.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Some were a bit of a surprise and like others have commented, will require a re-evaluation of my doing business with them.  I suppose with some, I can reduce but not eliminate based on available choices where I live.

The immediate change I can make is with AutoZone.  We already have a NAPA in town and an OReilly's is opening soon, so AutoZone has seen their last $ from me.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Microsoft and Paypal... Pretty hard to get away from those. At least while I am still in business and a Windows tech. As it is they get damn little from me, either one.

I'm genuinely shocked that Apple isn't on that list.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

I'm genuinely shocked that Apple isn't on that list.

And Google.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Some were a bit of a surprise and like others have commented, will require a re-evaluation of my doing business with them.  I suppose with some, I can reduce but not eliminate based on available choices where I live.

The immediate change I can make is with AutoZone.  We already have a NAPA in town and an OReilly's is opening soon, so AutoZone has seen their last $ from me.

@SZonian

Same here.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And Google.

@roamer_1 Google is on there.   The parent company changed their name to Alphabet.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1 Google is on there.   The parent company changed their name to Alphabet.

Oh, that's right... Duh. Well I have already begun my crusade against Google, so...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms launched an initiative last year aimed at providing information to Second Amendment-loving Americans. The goal was to provide a comprehensive list of companies and/or CEOs who back gun control initiatives and legislation or have anti-firearm corporate policies in place.

“When we started this project last year, we were actually surprised, and in some cases disappointed, at some of the businesses we added to the list," CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb said in a statement. "We discovered several brand name businesses and corporate leaders who evidently have a nefarious agenda to limit gun rights. Their current and potential patrons should have the knowledge of what their hard earned dollars are actually funding.”

“We’re not calling for a boycott of these companies,” Gottlieb said. “Businesses and the people who own them can support whatever kind of philosophy they want, and gun owning consumers can likewise not spend any money with those firms. Let the marketplace decide. Over 100 million American gun owners represent a sizeable [sic] consumer bloc, and they will decide where they spend their money.”

At the link see the roughly 200 businesses that made the list or here https://www.ccrkba.org/antigunbusinesses :

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2021/02/21/these-are-the-roughly-200-businesses-whose-leaders-are-backing-gun-control-initia-n2585088?fbclid=IwAR1DiwGw9_V5zFV0ZgXDQao0Qs4ZIEfyjxtBj3PfC5zgJrduRRysKDkIUjo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:13:00 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Got a few on there which I use which I no longer will.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Got a few on there which I use which I no longer will.

Yup.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Yup.
No more Turbotax for me.  Will do it the old fashioned way and hire a CPA
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Other than Pay Pal,which I really can't afford to give up because I think it is the safest way to buy on the web,and Amazon,I pretty much don't deal with any of them.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"No more Turbotax for me.  Will do it the old fashioned way and hire a CPA"

But the CPA may be using TurboTax to do 'em for you after his office door is closed!

(I do my taxes "the old fashioned way", with a calculator... and then print them out on the IRS pdf forms and mail them in)

I sailed wrote:
"No more Turbotax for me.  Will do it the old fashioned way and hire a CPA"

But the CPA may be using TurboTax to do 'em for you after his office door is closed!

(I do my taxes "the old fashioned way", with a calculator... and then print them out on the IRS pdf forms and mail them in)
Can never know what goes on behind closed doors can we?

Offline Mod1

Merged threads.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online DefiantMassRINO

Are there statistcs for homicides committed with illegally possessed guns versus legally possessed guns?  The gun laws are strict in Mass, but liberal judges habitually let offenders out on bail, and shockingly, some commit more crimes with illegally possessed guns while awaiting trial.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright