Author Topic: Black Lives Matter Protesters Sue L.A. County, Claim Curfew Violated Their Rights  (Read 334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black Lives Matter Protesters Sue L.A. County, Claim Curfew Violated Their Rights

Joel B. Pollak 2 Mar 2021

Several dozen people who were arrested for breaking the local curfew during last spring’s Black Lives Matter protests and riots have sued Los Angeles County, alleging their First Amendment rights were violated, calling the arrests a “tool of oppression.”

The Los Angeles Times reported Monday:

The lawsuit alleges a slate of violations of the protesters’ constitutional and civil rights, assault and battery, false imprisonment, negligence and the intentional infliction of emotional distress, and calls the curfew a “tool of oppression” used by government actors to suppress the truth and shore up false narratives about American policing.

“Its purpose was to create a lasting chilling effect on the lawful exercise of speech, stopping individuals from participation in peaceful assembly,” the plaintiffs claim in the lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court last week. “Under the guise of action to stop looting, mass arrests were made of people committing no crime but speaking truth to power.”

…

The latest lawsuit alleges the mistreatment occurred across the region, not only in Los Angeles but in unincorporated parts of the county and in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills as well. It alleges the municipalities and their police forces used the curfew “to trap protesters and enact sweeping arrests” without just cause, and did so “in concert” with one another.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/03/02/black-lives-matter-protesters-sue-l-a-county-claim-curfew-violated-their-rights/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

BLM: "because of our blackness, we reserve the right to burn down/vandalize anything we feel like. Any measures attempting to inhibit our destructive actions are, of course, racist."

Offline LMAO

BLM: "because of our blackness, we reserve the right to burn down/vandalize anything we feel like. Any measures attempting to inhibit our destructive actions are, of course, racist."

It would not shock me if attorneys and politicians used that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Curfew is rassiss  because it scriminates against cut throats, murderers, rappers, rapists  desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, and bull dykes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mortarman

The Curfew is rassiss  because it scriminates against cut throats, murderers, rappers, rapists  desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, and bull dykes.

You forgot the " Methodists".

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.