Author Topic: House Democrats are Going After Cable Providers and Streaming Services for Hosting Channels Like Fox  (Read 929 times)

Offline skeeter

And your bookmark never falls out... I get it.

Still, there is something to the smell, the texture, the tactile nature...

And there is something to the idea that the best place to read is in a library smelling of old pages, old leather, and pipe smoke. There is a thing in ancient wooden shelves and leather bindings, and comfy overstuffed leather chairs. If you can 'feel' all of that, (which I do, very much) Then you know why a hardback will always beat Kindle.
I attended an evening class at USF in their Lone Mountain library over looking the Pacific Ocean for two years, I kinda know what you mean. Can't duplicate that in my bedroom so with the Kindle I gotta use the imagination.

Online roamer_1

I attended an evening class at USF in their Lone Mountain library over looking the Pacific Ocean for two years, I kinda know what you mean. Can't duplicate that in my bedroom so with the Kindle I gotta use the imagination.

I  have PARTICULARLY intended to replicate that - My living room has three wooden bookshelves already. several trunks, a leather Lazy Boy recliner, and a media machine that not only does TV, but carries my audio files. Sadly, what it is missing is BOOKS. Especially my Biblical library, and my ancient texts library, and my books on bardic lore, my leather-bound Tolkien... My leather-bound Twain. My antique leather-bound Thoreau. And London.... And complete Kipling. My ancient copy of the Odyssey that half the wear came by my own hand... Yes, even my Chaucer in auld English. I miss it all.

Now, I still have it all, like I said, in text files. It's just not the same in electronic text.

Offline skeeter

I  have PARTICULARLY intended to replicate that - My living room has three wooden bookshelves already. several trunks, a leather Lazy Boy recliner, and a media machine that not only does TV, but carries my audio files. Sadly, what it is missing is BOOKS. Especially my Biblical library, and my ancient texts library, and my books on bardic lore, my leather-bound Tolkien... My leather-bound Twain. My antique leather-bound Thoreau. And London.... And complete Kipling. My ancient copy of the Odyssey that half the wear came by my own hand... Yes, even my Chaucer in auld English. I miss it all.

Now, I still have it all, like I said, in text files. It's just not the same in electronic text.
You musta really p*ssed your ex off.

Offline mikezpen

There's been a bill floating around for years about feds investigating and collecting data concerning "hate" in the media.Schumer helped sponsor it. That could become law and give them some legal basis for going after conservatives.

Online roamer_1

You musta really p*ssed your ex off.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. She wanted my tools. All of them. Hell, she wanted me turned out penniless in the streets. But she could not touch my tools (had em before we were married), which was the lion's share of my wealth, or rather, my ability to generate wealth.... Tools themselves are worth nothing in resale. But the tools were not even on the table, as they can't take away my means of trade... And my guns, for the most part are not titled or recorded, and mostly back in the woods, so that didn't work either. So she dicked me the only way she could. There was only one thing I set store by that she could take. My library.

My only solace is that she sold em all in a garage sale for pennies... There were books in there worth up to 1200 bucks. I could have pretty near bought this place, cashing in that library.

And she, unaware and vindictive, sent them down the road, pennies to the pound, in laundry baskets. Dumb. Had she only known.  :silly:

:whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And your bookmark never falls out... I get it.

Still, there is something to the smell, the texture, the tactile nature...

And there is something to the idea that the best place to read is in a library smelling of old pages, old leather, and pipe smoke. There is a thing in ancient wooden shelves and leather bindings, and comfy overstuffed leather chairs. If you can 'feel' all of that, (which I do, very much) Then you know why a hardback will always beat Kindle.
My oldest book is from 1749. It makes me wonder who else held and read that book, where it traveled, whose thoughts it provoked. Besides, hard copy is hard copy. it only takes a few clicks to alter digital content.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mountaineer

I thought devices like Kindle had made libraries obsolete.

Remember when Amazon pulled 1984 because of "copyright issues?"  They deleted the book from peoples Kindles and Libraries. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Anna Eshoo: Criticism of Attempt to Censure Conservative Cable Networks a Red Herring

Sean Moran 24 Feb 2021

Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA), who wrote a letter with Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-CA) asking cable providers if they planned to continue carrying conservative networks, claimed on Wednesday that Republican criticisms of her and McNerney’s letter are “red herrings.”

Reps. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and Jerry McNerney (D-CA), two members of the Communications and Technology subcommittee, sent letters to the leaders of several television providers, asking them if they plan to take action against Fox News, Newsmax, and One America News Network (OANN) for spreading “disinformation.”

The two Democrats asked:

Have you taken any adverse actions against a channel, including Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN, for using your platform to disseminate disinformation related directly or indirectly to the November 3, 2020 elections, the January 6, 2021 Capitol insurrection, or COVID-19 misinformation?

McNerney and Eshoo also asked, “Are you planning to continue carrying Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN on U-verse, DirecTV, and AT&T TV both now and beyond any contract renewal date? If so, why?”

During a hearing on media and misinformation, Eshoo claimed she was merely raising questions. She also said the United States has a problem surrounding misinformation to the Constitution’s free speech protections. She said:

I would also like to state that the letter asks the companies questions. Now, I don’t know Mr. Turley if you find this so chilling that it’s actually glacial for Congress to ask strong, important questions — I think we owe that to the Ms. Urquiza, how do you answer to what was put out and her father is gone? I call them lies. You call that the open market? You call that competitive with a problem in this country it’s a large one, it’s a sticky wicket because of our Constitution, but we need to examine and be frank with each other about what is taking place in the country.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/24/democrat-anna-eshoo-criticism-of-attempt-to-censure-conservative-cable-networks-a-red-herring/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:50:37 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rodgers Slams Dems Pressuring Companies to Censor Conservative Outlets: Like ‘Chinese Communist Party’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/24/rodgers-slams-dems-pressuring-companies-to-censor-conservative-outlets-like-chinese-communist-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. She wanted my tools. All of them. Hell, she wanted me turned out penniless in the streets. But she could not touch my tools (had em before we were married), which was the lion's share of my wealth, or rather, my ability to generate wealth.... Tools themselves are worth nothing in resale. But the tools were not even on the table, as they can't take away my means of trade... And my guns, for the most part are not titled or recorded, and mostly back in the woods, so that didn't work either. So she dicked me the only way she could. There was only one thing I set store by that she could take. My library.

My only solace is that she sold em all in a garage sale for pennies... There were books in there worth up to 1200 bucks. I could have pretty near bought this place, cashing in that library.

And she, unaware and vindictive, sent them down the road, pennies to the pound, in laundry baskets. Dumb. Had she only known.  :silly:

:whistle:

Sounds like the same thing my mother did to my Dad; sold a lot of his stuff in a garage sale before he had a chance to get them. Valuables that had been in his family for years...she did it out of spite and vindictiveness.

Some people just have an evil tick in them and can always somehow justify their actions in their own minds.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Remember when Amazon pulled 1984 because of "copyright issues?"  They deleted the book from peoples Kindles and Libraries.

@Cyber Liberty

No.

If you say it happened,I believe you,but somehow I missed it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

No.

If you say it happened,I believe you,but somehow I missed it.

The point I make, is if they can reach into your device to rip out a book, then they can "update" a book you have in a subtle way, like changing text or deleting "hate speech," and you'll never know it.  That's the stuff that worries me about going all E-book.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As we have seen how 'fair' democrats can be, even recently, its scarey to think just how oppressive democrat censorship will be.  As lock-stepper this age to last Century , their book burning ways, ways were not to be trusted.  Not then, not now.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions