Author Topic: House Democrats are Going After Cable Providers and Streaming Services for Hosting Channels Like Fox  (Read 930 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats are Going After Cable Providers and Streaming Services for Hosting Channels Like Fox News and OANN
By Brandon Morse | Feb 22, 2021 1:05 PM ET

When going after advertisers wasn’t enough to sink channels that hold conservative opinions, Democrats began shifting their attention to other methods of fascistically silencing their ideological opposition.

According to The Hill, Democrats are now going after streaming services and cable providers for playing host to what they call “misinformation” and for breeding “radicalized individuals.” The companies they’re going after include Comcast and Verizon, as well as streaming companies like Hulu and Roku to question their “ethical principles”:

Reps. Anna Eshoo (Calif.) and Jerry McNerney (Calif.), senior members of the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology, sent letters to the companies on Monday questioning their “ethical principles” involved in deciding which channels to carry and when to take action against a channel.

“Some purported news outlets have long been misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds that produce content that leads to real harm,” they wrote.

“Misinformation on TV has led to our current polluted information environment that radicalizes individuals to commit seditious acts and rejects public health best practices, among other issues in our public discourse.”

The letter specifically calls out Newsmax, One America Network (OANN) and Fox News.

more
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2021/02/22/house-democrats-are-going-after-cable-providers-and-streaming-services-for-hosting-channels-like-fox-news-and-oann-n331077
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A dictatorship CANNOT ALLOW NOR TOLERATE FREE SPEECH, ESP THE THIRD WORLD TYPE.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The CEO of one of those companies should shoot back an open letter to those hacks questioning their ethical principles for abusing the power of their office to rape the First Amendment just like Joe McCarthy did a lifetime ago.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So go ahead. PROVE THE "CONSPIRACY THEORISTS" RIGHT!

Any outfit on the level can prove their legitimacy, and need not reply by silencing opposition.

Joseph Goebbels would have been so proud of these antifascists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mikezpen

They'll start going after public libraries too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems Pressure Distributors to Justify Carrying Fox News, Others

By John Eggerton a day ago

Sent letters to cable, streaming and satellite companies decrying 'disinformation'

https://www.nexttv.com/news/house-dems-pressure-distributors-to-justify-carrying-fox-news-others
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline bilo

Well I'm stunned! Stunned I say! Who could have seen this coming? /s

Kind of obvious why the left wants to disarm the American public after stealing the election.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Scratch a Liberal...find a fascist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

FCC Nukes Congressional Dems Pressuring Cable Providers and Streamers to Mute Misinformation-Peddling Fox News
By Alex Parker | Feb 23, 2021 1:30 PM

It’s interesting how parties evolve.

Many years ago, Democrats stood against censorship.

And if I may say so, they actively opposed it more than did Republicans.

Now? It’s a might different.

So believes Brendon Carr, one of a quartet of commissioners for the Federal Communications Commission.

On Monday, Brendon braised Democratic representatives for an attack against right-leaning TV channels following fallout from the 2020 election. ...
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2021/02/23/fcc-nukes-congressional-dems-pressuring-cable-providers-and-streamers-to-mute-misinformation-peddling-fox-news-n331634
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

What could possibly go wrong?
Qatari government-funded Al Jazeera starts conservative online media platform for US called Rightly that will be run by a former Fox News editor

*Al Jazeera is launching a conservative digital media platform called Rightly
    *The media network, which is funded by the Qatari government, will aim to target 'center-right folks who feel left out of mainstream media'
    *Scott Norvell, who worked at Fox News and News Corp for more than a decade, will head Rightly as its editor in chief
    *The platform is expected to launch its first opinion program on Thursday with additional programs to follow within the next few months

By Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:12 EST, 23 February 2021 | Updated: 15:48 EST, 23 February 2021  ...
Story at Daily Mail

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So much for Free Speech!

It's so "18th Century" that nobody will miss it anyhow,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They'll start going after public libraries too.

@mikezpen

Do people,other than the homeless looking for shelter,even go to the library anymore?

Offline mountaineer

Do people,other than the homeless looking for shelter,even go to the library anymore?
I do. I love our local library. The one in the larger city to our south is populated largely by bums, however.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I do. I love our local library. The one in the larger city to our south is populated largely by bums, however.

@mountaineer

I thought devices like Kindle had made libraries obsolete.

Offline mountaineer

I thought devices like Kindle had made libraries obsolete.
It doesn't cost anything to check out a book. I'm a cheapskate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It doesn't cost anything to check out a book. I'm a cheapskate.

@mountaineer

You might be surprised at how many free downloads there are.

Offline mountaineer

You might be surprised at how many free downloads there are.
Not interested. I prefer reading real books, not gazing at an illuminated screen.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not interested. I prefer reading real books, not gazing at an illuminated screen.
There is a distinct pleasure, at least for me, in holding a book and turning pages. I truly miss all the books I had to give up when we had to give up the house and down size into a dinky ass apartment, storage costs were just too high to justify the few things we were saving. I have a kindle, it's okay but just not the same, especially scrolling through lists instead of perusing books on the bookshelf.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Yeah,I get it.I really do. I have a Kindle that sits while I continue to buy and read books.

It does come in handy during power outages,though. I can go out and plug it into my truck dashboard to charge it up and download books,or just read one of the books stored in it. Once it's charged,I can go back in the house to read.

Offline roamer_1

There is a distinct pleasure, at least for me, in holding a book and turning pages. I truly miss all the books I had to give up when we had to give up the house and down size into a dinky ass apartment, storage costs were just too high to justify the few things we were saving. I have a kindle, it's okay but just not the same, especially scrolling through lists instead of perusing books on the bookshelf.

Agreed. I miss the smell too. Old pages.

Unfortunately, my Biblical library went all digital for the sake of search functions which I am lost without. And even the rather arcane books and subject matter that I dwell in is available in plain text... so if I remember a passage, and can pull out three words, I can search my texts and find the passage, whether in the Bible or the church fathers, or the jewis fathers, or even occult and psuedepigraphical works... That is a thing that real books cannot do.

And so my library is reduced to a set of files that easily fit on the smallest thumb drive you can find, and the hard copies all went away in the divorce.

Offline libertybele

Same here. We have a bookshelf with only 5 shelves and I keep thinking, I need to buy some American history books and put those on the shelves.  I was thinking of donating my fiction books to the library to make room for the American history books   that I purchase or add biographies from people like Limbaugh, Levin, etc.  I have a few written by Glenn Beck, Ron Paul, Oliver North, Gen. Tommy Franks, Ted Cruz...and others.

Right now my library is not accepting donations.  I take out fiction books from the library; it saves me money buying them, and I really don't need to buy another Danielle Steel book -- read it and return it. 

I want to build an American history bookshelf with biographies - mixed in with my Bibles, spiritual books and cookbooks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Agreed. I miss the smell too. Old pages.

On the other hand there is something really nice about finishing a book at 10 pm and be reading a new one by 10:05.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
On the other hand there is something really nice about finishing a book at 10 pm and be reading a new one by 10:05.

@skeeter

You buy your books one at a time?

I didn't even know such a thing was possible.

Offline roamer_1

And your bookmark never falls out... I get it.

Still, there is something to the smell, the texture, the tactile nature...

And there is something to the idea that the best place to read is in a library smelling of old pages, old leather, and pipe smoke. There is a thing in ancient wooden shelves and leather bindings, and comfy overstuffed leather chairs. If you can 'feel' all of that, (which I do, very much) Then you know why a hardback will always beat Kindle.