Author Topic: [w00t! w00t!] Montana became the 18th state to end its concealed carry permit requirement...  (Read 1586 times)

Online roamer_1

To the Topic, I'm pleased as punch about Montana!  I though Constitutional Carry was already the law there.

No, we have been open-carry forever, but a permit needed for concealed... Though in my experience, 'concealed was never enforced, Having been stopped by LEOs on more than one occasion with concealed weapons... Being friendly, I warned the LEO of the circumstance, and always, I was allowed to disarm, or assumed the position, and was disarmed - my weapons always returned at the end of the session...

But it is NICE to see it in black and white, and this is the kind of thing I would call a REAL win.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
ME hanging on to a boogie man? LOL! It ain't me doing that. The 'boogie man' around here is an amorphous thing that can't be seen called a 'deep state', a thing of bedtime ghost stories... The things that scare me are factual and I have pointed them out over and over, foremost the re-election of ANYONE who participated in the 20 trillion dollar boondoggle that put my grandchildren into bondage.

And that is sure as hell worth pointing out. And it boggles the mind that everyone here ain't on that same page if no other. If there should be NO slack-cutting, that would be where.

This is TBR. Nobody ever agrees in lockstep.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@XenaLee

You misspelled the word "Deceit" twice.
Correct!

Calling the GOP the "Stupid Party" requires assuming the GOP actually:

Wanted to win.
Wanted to effect change toward restoring our Constitutional Republic.
and....

Was not filthy corrupt at its core.

One thing I will give Trump credit for, and that's pulling the wool from eyes that wanted to see, that wanted to understand the ONLY reason for Republican ineffectiveness over the DECADES since Johnson was inaugurated instead of Goldwater, and I'd wager a big part of that was the perfidy in the GOP, too.

Now, people, get over your normalcy bias, quit fooling yourselves, stop being suckers for election week promises, and realize, the GOP is not on our side, either, even if a select few members are.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No, we have been open-carry forever, but a permit needed for concealed... Though in my experience, 'concealed was never enforced, Having been stopped by LEOs on more than one occasion with concealed weapons... Being friendly, I warned the LEO of the circumstance, and always, I was allowed to disarm, or assumed the position, and was disarmed - my weapons always returned at the end of the session...

But it is NICE to see it in black and white, and this is the kind of thing I would call a REAL win.
Nice of y'all to join North Dakota and a bunch of other States, and I even like the lessened restrictions on where carry is okay.  Now, make sure people remember that this isn't the Government giving them a Right, it is just the partial restoration of one in practice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sigh.

Why does this never happen in a warm state?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

Nice of y'all to join North Dakota and a bunch of other States, and I even like the lessened restrictions on where carry is okay.  Now, make sure people remember that this isn't the Government giving them a Right, it is just the partial restoration of one in practice.

I know right?  :beer:

Online roamer_1

Correct!

Calling the GOP the "Stupid Party" requires assuming the GOP actually:

Wanted to win.
Wanted to effect change toward restoring our Constitutional Republic.
and....

Was not filthy corrupt at its core.

One thing I will give Trump credit for, and that's pulling the wool from eyes that wanted to see, that wanted to understand the ONLY reason for Republican ineffectiveness over the DECADES since Johnson was inaugurated instead of Goldwater, and I'd wager a big part of that was the perfidy in the GOP, too.

Now, people, get over your normalcy bias, quit fooling yourselves, stop being suckers for election week promises, and realize, the GOP is not on our side, either, even if a select few members are.

pointing-up :yowsa:

The problem is that there is no opposition.
there is no opposition.
there is no opposition.