Author Topic: Stephen Moore: Biden’s ‘Climate Change’ Policies Erase U.S. Energy Independence, Lock Down Trillions  (Read 972 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stephen Moore: Biden’s ‘Climate Change’ Policies Erase U.S. Energy Independence, Lock Down Trillions in Natural Resources

Robert Kraychik 21 Feb 2021

The Biden administration’s energy policies, ostensibly pushed to combat “climate change,” will erase American energy independence and prevent the development of multitrillion-dollar domestic resources, said Stephen Moore, economist and coauthor of Trumponomics: Inside the America First Plan to Revive Our Economy, on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with special guest host Matt Boyle.

President Joe Biden, Democrats, and the broader left regularly frame the planet as entrapped within a “climate crisis” due to carbon dioxide emissions yielded by fossil fuel consumption.

Moore noted that the U.S. did not import any oil from Saudi Arabia in January.

Moore remarked, “[In] Donald Trump’s last month in office, do you know how much oil we imported from Saudi Arabia? Zero. It was the first time that happened in 50 years and it’s because [of] Trump. … It’s amazing, isn’t it? It is an incredible accomplishment. We’ve waited 50 years to become energy-independent, folks. We were finally independent.”

Moore recalled the 1973 oil crisis caused by OPEC’s embargo on oil exports to the U.S.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2021/02/21/stephen-moore-biden-climate-change-policies-erase-us-energy-independence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seems a damn good reason to cut off energy to the states that decided to vote this buffoon into office.

If they don't want energy development, let them suffer the consequences.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems a damn good reason to cut off energy to the states that decided to vote this buffoon into office.

Would agree if it was legal.  Interstate Trade Clause kind of hamstrings us on those matters.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Would agree if it was legal.  Interstate Trade Clause kind of hamstrings us on those matters.
What would anybody do?  Force us to sell to them?

Time they need to learn consequences of bad decisions.

And the feds can never force a state to cough up gas if it does not want to, so the Interstate Commerce clause does not apply if nothing is sold out of state

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What would anybody do?  Force us to sell to them?

Time they need to learn consequences of bad decisions.

And the feds can never force a state to cough up gas if it does not want to, so the Interstate Commerce clause does not apply if nothing is sold out of state

Probably lawsuits to kazoo, around collusion and other business practices. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Close the valves, pull the breakers, idle back to domestic (in-State) need and form agreements between states over energy supply. I have little doubt Red State America could work it out. The rest can pound sand.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Moore noted that the U.S. did not import any oil from Saudi Arabia in January.

Moore remarked, “[In] Donald Trump’s last month in office, do you know how much oil we imported from Saudi Arabia? Zero....

This was only one week, not the month.  It was more a timing issue of deliveries.  Imports from Saudi are down, but not at zero.

Weekly U.S. Imports from Saudi Arabia of Crude Oil
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPC0_IM0_NUS-NSA_MBBLD&f=W
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

I am still amazed at the people claiming to be conservative wanting to take control of other people's property.  It does not belong to you.  It belongs to the people that bought the minerals, invested the time and dollars to produce it.

What would be the value of our minerals and their products if our government can forbid the sale and break our contracts on a whim?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Offline Smokin Joe

I am still amazed at the people claiming to be conservative wanting to take control of other people's property.  It does not belong to you.  It belongs to the people that bought the minerals, invested the time and dollars to produce it.

What would be the value of our minerals and their products if our government can forbid the sale and break our contracts on a whim?
Precisely.

Besides, and at risk of being repetitive, the next Holdomor won't be over grain, it will be over energy.
Government control of private resources and manufacturing (in this case, energy) is the definition of fascism.  Where is ANTIFA now?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

This in jest to my northron friendz....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bADTlEo0Y30
We won't freeze, we produce enough of the stuff. Coal, oil, electricity, and Natural Gas, and export some of it (from our State).

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
We won't freeze, we produce enough of the stuff. Coal, oil, electricity, and Natural Gas, and export some of it (from our State).

I really don't consider WV Yankess either, if you base it on the Mason Dixon line.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote:
"Probably lawsuits to kazoo, around collusion and other business practices."

Can you say N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N ??
I knew you could...!

(and don't dismiss that out-of-hand. We're dealing with communists in control of the federal government now. Anyone who refuses to believe that is a fool...)

Offline Smokin Joe

I really don't consider WV Yankess either, if you base it on the Mason Dixon line.
I'm in North Dakota, which wasn't in the War.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I'm in North Dakota, which wasn't in the War.

Sorry, got you mixed up.  ND is a great state.

Offline Smokin Joe

Sorry, got you mixed up.  ND is a great state.
's okay. I grew up in the (previously) occupied State of MD (now the people's Republic of MD), and was educated past High School in Virginia, and have family ties to that region that go back to colonial times. I'm the one of my generation to have the wanderlust to go west and establish myself in a region that has people still who are similar in nature to those I knew when and where I grew up, people who are in seemingly short supply in America right now.

Having that essential freedom has been a blessing, and that is something I try to pass on to generations after me.
Teach them that freedom comes with responsibilities, what it looks and feels like, and to never 'settle' for less than being free.

C S Lewis

Do you not acknowledge that there is already a taking when a government has the power to tax, mandate or regulate?

Explain the difference from a state controlling minerals underlying its lands with, say, The Railroad Commission in Texas which has been in operation for almost a hundred years regulating the amount of oil or gas that can be legally produced for the public good of preventing waste or optimizing resource extraction.

In both cases the mineral owner 'owns the minerals' but in both cases that ownership is subject to a regulatory authority regarding that mining and sales with state interests in mind.

I repeat:  There is no nation in the world which permits any minerals to be extracted within its borders by anybody indiscriminately.  Zilch.

Offline thackney

's okay. I grew up in the (previously) occupied State of MD (now the people's Republic of MD), and was educated past High School in Virginia, and have family ties to that region that go back to colonial times. I'm the one of my generation to have the wanderlust to go west and establish myself in a region that has people still who are similar in nature to those I knew when and where I grew up, people who are in seemingly short supply in America right now.

I sure understand all that.  But what I don't understand is after the first winter, why did you stay there?

just kidding, kinda...

Offline Smokin Joe

I sure understand all that.  But what I don't understand is after the first winter, why did you stay there?

just kidding, kinda...
I had a job in the oil industry.
I also discovered that the cold isn't so bad, because it keeps the riff-raff out.
People here generally had an eye for detail, completed tasks they had to do, and got things right. The work ethic was still alive and well. Those who didn't grow up on a farm, were generally one generation from that, and it showed. Good, solid, God-fearing people. It's a spinoff of a deadly climate. It's the people who make a place.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

And the food.  They should be enjoying a food embargo right now, too.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.