Author Topic: Conservatives Need to Start Taking No Prisoners and Claiming Scalps  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 22, 2021
Conservatives Need to Start Taking No Prisoners and Claiming Scalps
By Selwyn Duke

One reason conservatives never saw a culture war they couldn’t lose is that they insist on using Queensberry rules, even as the Left fights no-holds-barred. Consider, for example, two scenarios.

When leftists discover someone “committing conservatism” — such as when former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich was found to have donated $1,000 to California’s Proposition 8 — they accept nothing less than the person’s termination. In fact, they never want him to work again. Ergo “cancel culture.”

When leftists effect something truly outrageous, such as the anti-white “Deep Equity” school curriculum being implemented nationwide, the reaction is different. Conservatives may fight back against it as they did with Deep Equity in Chandler, Arizona, but they’re generally satisfied if the social engineering is abandoned. They don’t go for blood. In fact, so often have I heard prominent conservative figures say in such a situation, “Look, I don’t want anyone fired.”

Well, I do.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/02/conservatives_need_to_start_taking_no_prisoners_and_claiming_scalps.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Conservatives Need to Start Taking No Prisoners and Claiming Scalps
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 02:31:07 pm »
Pretty much has reflected in our views for decades.  Only now are they noticing this?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:13:36 pm »
I'm tired of the whiners who say "I don't want anyone fired".

I advocated in 2008 that the owners of small businesses, the day after the Illegal Alien was elected, should take a tour through their parking lots and note the license plates of the cars sporting Rodent and Zero bumper stickers so they would know who to lay off when the crunch came.

I'm also tired, immediately so, of self-proclaimed conservative pundits who argued the election was over, Trump "lost", time to move on.   No.   Time to fight.   The issue is never that "Trump lost", but that 75 million Americans were robbed of their vote by criminal Rodents and these fake "conservatives" are aiding and abetting the enemy.

I notice that on Hot Air.com the jerk calling himself "a-holepundit" or "allahpundit" seems to be gone, finally.  I might start reading those pages again, now that it's gone.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:53:57 pm »
Another view, perhaps? Or is it complementary?
Our Illiberal Moment
By Charles C. W. Cooke
February 4, 2021 11:34 AM
National Review

Voltaire’s apocryphal maxim “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” is in the process of being turned squarely on its head. Today, a more suitable rendering might read: “I disapprove of what you say, you are exiled, goodbye.”

To be adequately maintained, classical liberalism demands three key virtues. Humility, so that each of society’s competing factions might comprehend that it will not always hold power. Tolerance, so that the habitual reaction to a difference of opinion is the shrug rather than the bayonet. And forbearance, so that the immediate rush of victory can be subordinated to longer-term ambition. Little by little, we are losing all three and, as they go, forgetting the good practices that have built, sustained, and improved our remarkable society for generations.  ...

A few weeks after Brett Kavanaugh was approved by the Senate, The Atlantic’s Jemele Hill reported back from an event she had attended at “an auditorium with 100 black men in the city of Baltimore.” She had expected, she said, “to hear frustration that the sexual-assault allegations against him had failed to derail his Supreme Court nomination,” but instead she “encountered sympathy.” In fact, to “applause, and an array of head nods,” one man had even stood up and asked, “What happened to due process?” This had shocked Hill, who proceeded to explain that the black men in question were wrong to feel sympathy for Kavanaugh because, as a white man, he enjoyed privileges that they never would. But it was the black men in Baltimore who were right, not Hill, for they grasped that one cannot selectively abuse our liberal order without damaging it for everyone. ...

Sometime soon, the hideous standards that were crafted and reinforced by those attempting to bring down Kavanaugh will be used against someone with no power, money, name recognition, or institutional backing. Perhaps then Hill will understand?

Conservatives should remember this, lest they become so angered by the trend that they give in to the same temptation to which Hill succumbed and end up burning themselves with their own fire.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:38 am »
Kavanaugh?

you mean one of the justices who were supposedly a Constitutional literalist who's repeatedly voted against hearing any cases involving the states failure to select their electors as their legislatures required, in violation of the Constitution?  When enough of those false electors existed to deny the Usurper the required majority of real electors to disallow him from the presidency?

Barrett, too.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 09:47:45 am »
Pretty much has reflected in our views for decades.  Only now are they noticing this?

Nah ... conservatives/republicans noticed this decades ago, they've been predicting these outcomes in well-written essays for years.

But our nature is to reason, not fight; our desire is to be the good guys.  This is why Donald Trump was such a shock to the collective system. 

The good news/bad news is that conservatives/republicans have no problem getting tough with their own ....

Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle

It’s hilarious that someone who endorsed Biden in the last election thinks he’s going to have much of a say in the GOP going forward: FORMER RNC chair to Republicans looking for new Trump party: 'There's the door'

Former RNC chair to Republicans looking for new Trump party: 'There's
Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chair Michael Steele said Monday that conservatives who do not wish to be part of the party without former President Trump leading it are free to leave.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/539924-former-rnc-chair-to-republicans-looking-for-new-trump-party-theres-the#.YDQewOcWa7k.twitter

4:15 PM · Feb 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1363960520794112002