Author Topic: Mo. state lawmakers push forward 2nd Amendment protections  (Read 400 times)

Offline libertybele

Mo. state lawmakers push forward 2nd Amendment protections
« on: February 21, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »
I'm hoping more and more states and cities jump on board with this!  Call your state legislators if you get a chance.  Infringing on our 2A is unconstitutional period.

I wish people would stop voting in GOP politicians that are 'squishy' on the 2A -- Rick Scott is a prime example -- he buckled on the 2A after Parkland yet people voted him in as Senator.

Mo. state lawmakers push forward 2nd Amendment protections

In Missouri’s fight to protect gun laws, Camden County has become the state’s first Second Amendment sanctuary county.

The Second Amendment Preservation Act, which is currently before the state Senate, will aim to invalidate federal restrictions on responsible gun ownership. This would include tracking sales taxes and prohibitions on possessing, owning or transferring firearms.

First District Commissioner James Gohagan stated the county passed the ordinance that they said will protect the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution undeniably.

“All federal acts, laws, orders, rules and regulations, past, present, future, which infringe on the rights to people to keep to bear arms guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States and the Constitution shall be invalid in this county,” Gohagan said.

The bill came as numerous counties in the state have designated themselves Second Amendment sanctuary cities in the weeks since Joe Biden has taken office.

Over the course of the last year, over 120 towns, cities and counties in Virginia have also declared themselves as sanctuaries, making it clear that unconstitutional gun laws would not be enforced. Bedford County, Virginia Board of Supervisors Chairman Tommy Scott emphasized protecting Second Amendment rights is not up for debate..............

https://www.oann.com/mo-state-lawmakers-push-forward-2nd-amendment-protections/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Mo. state lawmakers push forward 2nd Amendment protections
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:31:34 pm »
I was curious as to what counties in FL are considered 2A sanctuaries.  I was happy to find out that I live in one of them.

The majority of Florida Counties have passed second amendment sanctuary resolutions. As of September 2020, they include Baker, Bay, Bradford, Calhoun, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, DeSoto, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin, Gilchrist, Gulf, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Marion, Nassau, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Polk, Putnam, Santa Rosa, St. Johns, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington.

http://www.fuscolaw.org/constitutional-rights/understanding-your-2nd-amendment-rights-to-protect-yourself-and-your-family-in-florida/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.