Author Topic: BREAKING: Massive Pieces of Debris Fall In Colorado After Reported Explosion on United Airlines Flig  (Read 1088 times)

Online mountaineer

BREAKING: Massive Pieces of Debris Fall In Colorado After Reported Explosion on United Airlines Flight
By IMN - Breaking 911
February 20, 2021

Debris from a plane fell from the sky on Saturday afternoon in Broomfield, Colorado according to local law enforcement. The debris was dropped on several neighborhoods.

The Broomfield Police Department said it received reports of a plane with “engine trouble” at around 3:08 p.m. ET.

CNN reports a United Airlines flight headed to Honolulu from Denver International Airport had to turn around due to an engine issue.

The FAA says the right engine failed shortly after takeoff. Witnesses on the ground reported hearing an explosion. ...

Stephen L. Miller   @redsteeze
Joe Biden had been president for barely a month and planes are falling apart in mid air.
4:46 PM · Feb 20, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Broomfield Police  @BroomfieldPD
Additional debris scattered across turf field at Commons Park. Please avoid the area if possible.
4:31 PM · Feb 20, 2021·

https://twitter.com/BroomfieldPD/status/1363239786085982209

Online Lando Lincoln

It was maintained during the previous Administration.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Passenger jet lands safely...... after suspected engine explosion rains debris on Denver neighbourhoods

now that might be a Miracle

Online mountaineer

michaela   
@michaelagiulia
 Â· 1h
Flight 328 @united engine caught fire. my parents are on this flight
 everyone’s okay though!

5:16 PM · Feb 20, 2021

Incredible video at

https://twitter.com/michaelagiulia/status/1363241125495136267

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"How far can one of these things fly on one engine?"

All the way to the scene of the crash!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
ATC Audio United Airlines Boeing 777 N772UA UA328 Denver Honolulu Engine..
"Mayday, mayday ..."

Online libertybele

Unbelievable ... it could have been a complete disaster -- indeed a miracle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

Holy cow.  So glad to hear that everyone is ok.  Scary stuff.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline PeteS in CA

Bird ingestion?

FOD due to careless maintenance? Hey, Bill! They found your missing screwdriver!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

It takes skillful handling, but I'm pretty sure two-engine passenger jets can fly for quite a distance on just one engine, assuming the engine failure didn't damage something critical like hydraulics or control wiring.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
ATC Audio United Airlines Boeing 777 N772UA UA328 Denver Honolulu Engine..
"Mayday, mayday ..."

Smokem if you gotem...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Victoria33

Offline skeeter

It takes skillful handling, but I'm pretty sure two-engine passenger jets can fly for quite a distance on just one engine, assuming the engine failure didn't damage something critical like hydraulics or control wiring.

These planes still carry fuel in their wings, right? I'm surprised that fire didn't find a way to spread to the tanks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Passenger jet lands safely...... after suspected engine explosion rains debris on Denver neighbourhoods

now that might be a Miracle

I think you're right @Meshuge Mikey

"How far can one of these things fly on one engine?"

All the way to the scene of the crash!.

Thank you, Ron White!   :laugh:

Online Wingnut

Pretty darn lucky this didn't land in the living room.  I'm guessing there are a lot of tired guardian angels this evening. 

@Right_in_Virginia

:beer:

I literally laughed out loud the first time I saw this routine. .....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

(Now returning to our regularly scheduled broadcasting. )

Online Wingnut

Pretty darn lucky this didn't land in the living room.  I'm guessing there are a lot of tired guardian angels this evening.

Coulds have been worse.  The deeded Blue Ice.

Online Lando Lincoln

Sometimes it is apparent, such as this.  But each of us have come "this close" during our lifetimes.  So grateful this event resulted in only equipment damage and debris cleanup. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

So long as they have room to react to the initial casualty, most twin engine aircraft can sustain flight on one engine. 

The crash out of Detroit (?) in 1979 where the engine detached just after take-off didn't give the flight crew time to react before the unbalanced thrust spun the vehicle into the ground, killing everyone.

That accident happened because the airline used a non-standard method of removing and servicing the engines...a forklift and an improper cradle that broke the engine mount.   

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online mountaineer

NYC-bound plane’s engine caught fire, shed debris on same day as United 328
By Lee Brown
February 22, 2021 | 9:26am
A New York-bound cargo plane had to make an emergency landing after its engine caught fire and broke apart shortly after takeoff in the Netherlands — just hours before an alarmingly similar drama in Colorado.

The pilot of Longtail Aviation Flight 5504 made a mayday call soon after takeoff from Aachen Airport in Maastricht at 4:10 p.m. Saturday as its engine caught fire while heading to John F. Kennedy Airport, officials said.

Dozens of pieces of metal debris fell over the Dutch town of Meerssen, damaging several cars and houses and injuring an elderly woman, officials confirmed.

The Boeing 747-400 cargo plane was redirected and made a safe emergency landing at Liege airport in Belgium, about 19 miles south of the Dutch border, authorities said. ...
Rest of story

Online mountaineer

Damage to Boeing 777 engine consistent with metal fatigue, NTSB says
By Yaron Steinbuch
February 23, 2021 | 7:04am

The chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board said a preliminary assessment has revealed that damage to a fan blade in the engine that failed on a United Airlines Boeing 777-200 is consistent with metal fatigue.

The Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engine failed with a “loud bang” four minutes after takeoff off Saturday from Denver, causing minor damage to the fuselage, NTSB Chairman Robert Sumwalt told reporters Monday after an initial analysis of the flight data and cockpit voice recorders. ... More at NY Post