Author Topic: Joe Biden Faces First Major Senate Defeat After Joe Manchin Opposes Neera Tanden  (Read 390 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Faces First Major Senate Defeat After Joe Manchin Opposes Neera Tanden

Charlie Spiering
19 Feb 2021

President Joe Biden faces his first major defeat in the Senate as his nominee to lead the Office of Management and Budget Neera Tanden meets Democrat opposition.

Sen. Joe Manchin, (D-WV) announced Friday afternoon that he would oppose Tanden’s confirmation.

“I believe her overtly partisan statements will have a toxic and detrimental impact on the important working relationship between members of Congress and the next director of the Office of Management and Budget,” he said in a statement.

The news broke while Biden was traveling to Michigan on Air Force One to visit a Pfizer vaccine manufacturing plant.

When reporters asked Biden as he exited Air Force One if he would pull the Tanden nomination, he replied, “No.”
“I think we’re going to find the votes to get her confirmed,” he continued.

The White House said in a statement that they would continue pushing for Tanden’s confirmation.

“Neera Tanden is an accomplished policy expert who would be an excellent Budget Director and we look forward to the committee votes next week and to continuing to work toward her confirmation through engagement with both parties,” said White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

But the 50-50 party split in the Senate means that Biden’s effort to confirm Tanden is likely finished unless a Senate Republican can be convinced to support her.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/19/jjoe-biden-faces-first-major-senate-defeat-after-joe-manchin-opposes-neera-tanden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Joe does things like this occasionally to try to look like he really can think for himself. I don't buy it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Me neither
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe M. will either change his vote to "aye" (when ordered "from above"), or someone like Collins or Murkowski will step in to provide "bipartisanship"...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Plenty of RINOs will vote for the Nominee. Worry not, Romney and Sasse are on the job, and Manwich knows it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: