Author Topic: Coca-Cola’s Diversity Diktat Falls Flat  (Read 559 times)

Offline mountaineer

Coca-Cola’s Diversity Diktat Falls Flat
« on: February 19, 2021, 08:06:02 pm »
Coca-Cola’s Diversity Diktat Falls Flat
by Richard A. Epstein
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
It is a commonplace of modern rhetoric to exalt diversity and inclusion as a first step toward racial justice. The standard account, widely accepted in political and business circles, insists their combined benefits are unambiguous: a firm’s performance will improve if its employees, suppliers, and customers are composed of individuals from all races, genders, sexual orientations, and general points of view. These diverse persons are not intended as mere tokens but are respected for offering their distinct and valuable perspectives on vital matters critical to corporate and national welfare.

As an abstract matter, it is hard to oppose an employment strategy that generates higher revenues and superior innovation. But once we get down to brass tacks, the overall picture is far more complex. The massive coercion involved in implementing diversity norms was recently revealed by Coca-Cola, which has gone all in on diversity and inclusion for its more than 700,000 employees: “We champion diversity by building a workforce as diverse as the consumers we serve. Because the more perspectives we have, the better decisions we make.”

It would, however, be a mistake to assume that Coke thinks that it has made good on its key promise. In January, Coke’s new African-American general counsel, Bradley Gayton, laid down this broadside, “Commitment to Diversity, Belonging, and Outside Counsel Diversity,” in which he describes what he perceives to be the abject failure of prior efforts to reach requisite levels of diversity and inclusion at Coke and in the legal profession more broadly. Without a link to a source or statistic, Gayton lashes into the legal profession for being “too quick to celebrate stagnant progress and reward intentions.” Gayton demands specific actions to meet the “crisis on our hands” engendered by a lack of diversity.

Gayton’s overuse of the term “crisis” is par for the course in an age rife with hyperbole and virtue signaling. However, Gayton does not diagnose the origins and impacts of this “crisis,” but instead treats it as a self-evident truth. He does not claim that any firm engages in active discrimination to avoid hiring black people and other minorities into high positions within legal firms. Nor does he pinpoint any failures that either Coke or its outside counsel have committed in the performance of their professional duties.  ...
More from Hoover Institution
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Coca-Cola’s Diversity Diktat Falls Flat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:09:48 pm »
Posted on

twitter:
Karlyn supports banning critical race theory in NH  @DrKarlynB

BREAKING: Coca-Cola is forcing employees to complete online training telling them to "try to be less white."
These images are from an internal whistleblower:

9:42 AM · Feb 19, 2021·
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Karlyn supports banning critical race theory in NH  @DrKarlynB

For people asking to verify this, the course is publicly available on @LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo/understanding-what-it-means-to-be-white-challenging-what-it-means-to-be-racist?autoplay=true&trk=learning-course_table-of-contents_video&upsellOrderOrigin=default_guest_learning

You can see for yourself. The Coca-Cola icon is in the top right hand corner on some of the images because they're using LinkedIn content for their internal platform.
2:34 PM · Feb 19, 2021

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:10:33 pm »
I can try to be less white, but then my dermatologist will yell at me for not using sunscreen. Just sayin'.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 08:25:14 pm »
I'll be less White, if that is what they want.
Show up to work late and high.
Lose my job, and start selling drug.
Get arrested and charged with multiple felonies.
Abandon my wife and kids to live on the street with my homies.
Start speaking Black pigin English instead of global common English.

On the other hand, if I did all that I would be accused of "cultural appropriation".
The Liberals have it set up as a no-win Catch 22.
If you 'act White' (whatever that is, being yourself i guess), then you are a racist.
If you 'act less White', then you are a racist by mocking other races.
To quote a famous song, "Anyway you look at it you lose."
And that, of course, is the whole point.
"White" and "Asian" are the only ethnicities in America which have no special privileges.
What does that tell you?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:22:36 pm »
I think that was might white of Coke. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 12:02:08 am »
I can try to be less white, but then my dermatologist will yell at me for not using sunscreen. Just sayin'.
I'm being less White one age spot at a time, but damnit my hair is fowling up my progress turning white faster than I can accumulate age spots.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 03:12:43 pm »

Kind of hard to call us white, when our neck is red.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 03:22:32 pm »
I will not heed the call to abandon MY culture in the name of "diversity".
I will not sacrifice the pursuit of excellence for the faux god of making someone feel more adequate.
We became the greatest nation on Earth because of the pursuit of high standards. Sacrificing those standards would only make us like everyone else. If those crying because they either lack the ability or the will to put forth the effort to meet those standards, there is a world full of smaller ponds where they are welcome to go swim, where despite the laws of physics and nature, less will get them by.

If you want to be the best, you have to work at it, constantly. You don't get there by pulling others down, it isn't just a relative thing, you meet the standards, you match or exceed specifications. Otherwise, your plane won't fly, your rocket will blow up on the launch pad, your crop yields will be down, your people will starve. Mother Nature doesn't give one whit about "diversity" in a cultural sense, and she can be a mean mother...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 03:44:48 pm »
I will not heed the call to abandon MY culture in the name of "diversity".
I will not sacrifice the pursuit of excellence for the faux god of making someone feel more adequate.
We became the greatest nation on Earth because of the pursuit of high standards. Sacrificing those standards would only make us like everyone else. If those crying because they either lack the ability or the will to put forth the effort to meet those standards, there is a world full of smaller ponds where they are welcome to go swim, where despite the laws of physics and nature, less will get them by.

If you want to be the best, you have to work at it, constantly. You don't get there by pulling others down, it isn't just a relative thing, you meet the standards, you match or exceed specifications. Otherwise, your plane won't fly, your rocket will blow up on the launch pad, your crop yields will be down, your people will starve. Mother Nature doesn't give one whit about "diversity" in a cultural sense, and she can be a mean mother...
Apparently you haven't heard the new paradigm. Math is 'racist' because there is only 'one' correct answer. Liberals are urging teachers to be more broad in their interpretation of math. They are urging teachers to find more than one correct answer to an equation, e.g., 2+2=4.
"Why its always gotsa be fou?" Why not 3 or 5 or 10?

This will murder a whole generation of students in terms of understanding reality.
Mother Nature does not excuse stupidity, no matter how good the intentions are.
But the master of the universe is reality. And reality is completely unforgiving of anything which contradicts it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 03:47:06 pm »
Apparently you haven't heard the new paradigm. Math is 'racist' because there is only 'one' correct answer. Liberals are urging teachers to be more broad in their interpretation of math. They are urging teachers to find more than one correct answer to an equation, e.g., 2+2=4.

This will murder a whole generation of students in terms of understanding reality.
But the master of the universe is reality. And reality is completely unforgiving of anything which contradicts it.
Nature does not suffer fools kindly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 09:01:53 pm »
When they call for "diversity and inclusion", head for the hills.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 09:54:30 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Coca-Cola employees after their diversity training

4:37 PM · Feb 22, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1363966212338823170

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 11:49:27 pm »

If this is how minority students will be taught something as 100% objective as math, you might as well start building more prisons now as they will not be able to compete in society.

You are 100% correct. Reality doesn't care about "ethnomath" because if I have two apples and give you one, I have one apple left. That isn't up for debate. That used to be universal regardless of race

Limbaugh used to say if an enemy power was doing to a generation of minority kids what we are ooing to them in inner city public schools, we'd go to war
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy