Author Topic: House Democrats Introduce ‘No Glory for Hate Act’ to Prevent Trump Name from Being Displayed on Fede  (Read 555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats Introduce ‘No Glory for Hate Act’ to Prevent Trump Name from Being Displayed on Federal Projects

Kyle Morris 18 Feb 2021

Democrats in the House of Representatives have introduced legislation that would prevent former President Donald Trump from having his name displayed on federal projects, buildings, statues, lands, or other type of commemoration.

According to the bill’s text, which was provided late last month, the legislation would “prohibit the use of Federal funds for the commemoration of certain former Presidents.” While Trump is not mentioned by name in the proposed legislation, he is the only president to have been impeached twice by the House.

The bill, dubbed the “No Glory for Hate Act,” was introduced by California Democrat Rep. Linda Sanchez and has 13 co-sponsors, all of whom are Democrats.

“For years, Donald Trump poured gasoline on lies, encouraging racism and hatred, then lit the match on January 6th,” Sanchez said in a statement last month.

“A president who has been impeached twice does not deserve the honours bestowed on a former president,” Sanchez added. “We should never glorify the hatred Donald Trump personified as President. This bill ensures that there is no glory for hate, not a building, statue, or even a park bench.”

The bill specifically prevents federal funds from being used to “create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives,” including “any highway, park, subway, Federal building, military installation, street, or other Federal property.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/18/house-democrats-introduce-no-glory-for-hate-act-to-prevent-trump-name-from-being-displayed-on-federal-projects/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
JUST IN: Dems Introduce New Bill To Permanently Ban Trump
February 18, 2021   

Democrats have introduced a resolution that would potentially bar President Trump from being buried in the Arlington National Cemetery and prevent federal funds from going to buildings displaying his names for being impeached twice.

more
https://populist.press/just-in-dems-introduce-new-bill-to-permanently-ban-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Interesting.

So they're going to rename all those Robert KKK Byrd Buildings?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

JUST IN: Dems Introduce New Bill To Permanently Ban Trump
February 18, 2021   

Democrats have introduced a resolution that would potentially bar President Trump from being buried in the Arlington National Cemetery and prevent federal funds from going to buildings displaying his names for being impeached twice.

more
https://populist.press/just-in-dems-introduce-new-bill-to-permanently-ban-trump/
There may a few dead enders who appreciate this but I don't think the rats will have alot of success distracting most Americans attention from whats going on in DC with this mickey mouse sh*t.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
What I think should happen is the Americans should demand the federal courthouse in Portland OR be renamed the Donald J Trump In Your Face Federal Courthouse.

That could possibly be how to end Aunty Fa forever, as their heads explode.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like a "Bill of Attainder" to me...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds to me like demoraps trying to get glory for hating Donald J. Trump.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have displayed unrelenting hate politics the last 5 years, and they presume to preach at us about how wrong hate is while they wallow in it.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

This is so incredibly childish. It's just heartwarming to know members of Congress are the functional equivalent of 7 year olds.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Democrats are well and truly broken thanks to Trump. 

All of the things going on in the world today that need the attention of Congress and they are spending all of their time still trying to exact revenge on a man who is now a private citizen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

The Democrats are well and truly broken thanks to Trump. 

All of the things going on in the world today that need the attention of Congress and they are spending all of their time still trying to exact revenge on a man who is now a private citizen.

Matt Gaetz put his finger on something that is probably part of it:

Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz
Donald Trump is more likely to be a candidate for President in 2024 than Joe Biden, and everyone on both sides knows it.
12:50 PM · Feb 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

When I can find this story published somewhere other than twitter, it deserves its own thread, but in the same vein:
@amuse @amuse

BREAKING: The Congressional Democrats are demanding that all 482 confederate soldiers buried at Arlington National Cemetary be disinterred and the Confederate Memorial demolished.
2:28 PM · Feb 19, 2021

2/ Democrats want the bodies of confederate soldiers from Arlington (and all other cemeteries in the US) to be dumped into international waters in disgrace.

3/ Finally, Congressional Democrats are considering legislation that would require that President Trump's remains be treated similarly to Osama Bin Laden's and buried at sea amid high secrecy. Democrats don't want there to be a memorial to the 'insurrectionist-in-chief'.

4/ At the end of the day I predict the result will be a bill that prevents President Trump from being buried in Arlington National Cemetery. Action against confederate soldiers and their monuments will have to wait until the next session.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1362846561290522624
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Yep, imposing a punishment on a person without a trial.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Golly gee, its like some people have finally figured out; ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!  dEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASS, dEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASSdEFEAT THE EVIL tRUMP, GIVE BIDEN A PASS !  bE 'FAIR'
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Comrades are gathering their thought control forces to insure they win future elections.

Face it,most elections are won or lost based on the "independent voters",who mostly pay attention to politics for a couple of months every 4 years.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!