Author Topic: Malia Obama Will Reportedly Join The Writing Team For New Donald Glover Show  (Read 727 times)

Offline mountaineer

Malia Obama Will Reportedly Join The Writing Team For New Donald Glover Show
The eldest daughter of former President Barack Obama will reportedly work on a series that is “rumored to revolve around a Beyoncé-like figure.”
By Jenna Amatulli
02/18/2021 01:28 pm ET
Malia Obama is reportedly joining the writing team for a Donald Glover show amid a whopper of a deal with Amazon.

The eldest daughter of former President Barack Obama has been recruited as part of the writers room for a potential series by Glover called “Hive,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series is “rumored to revolve around a Beyoncé-like figure and stem from writer Janine Nabers,” the outlet said. Nabers was previously a producer on HBO’s “Watchman” and a writer for Netflix’s “Away.” ...

The 22-year-old Harvard student, who is slated to wrap up her studies at the Ivy League university this year, has previously worked on other TV shows. In 2015, she interned at HBO and even found herself on the set of the explosive series “Girls.”

Creator and star Lena Dunham would later tell Howard Stern that Obama is “an angel.” ...
Rest of gagworthy article at HuffPost (who knew HuffPost was still in existence?)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Thank God, in this era of massive streaming it will be so easy to avoid this crapola.  Premise, characters, and writers will all suck.  Obama gets a gig like this with no experience?  LMAO...   I'd hedge this nepotistic piece of garbage is heading toward failure

In 1965 you had 4 choice....  3 networks or a good book. I like this aspect of the modern world.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess I now have two reasons to not watch it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

Who is Donald Glover, and should I care?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I never heard of him, but when you look him up on IMDB, he is clearly prolific.  I would guess he would prove a good mentor for Obama's daughter.  And she only has to start at a mere $1.2 million.

I am only guessing at the salary, but I would bet I am not far off!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Should be an easy gig for her, after all she grew up with her mom and dad making shit up each and every day. She just has to remember to not use the 'I grew up a poor Black child' routine.

Offline PeteS in CA

That was my thought. OTOH, beached dugong Lena DunHAM makes the show well worth foregoing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wonder more about what happened to the Obama's 4 legged dogs than the ones with 2 legs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd never heard of Donald Glover until I read this thread...

Offline mikezpen

Maybe she's a truly great writer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
  He's a popular actor/rapper, alias Childish Gambino. No relation to Danny Glover.

As for whether you should care, that's up to you. I wouldn't. To me, this is just another proof of Dick Clark's adage of “Choose your parents wisely.”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024