Author Topic: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source  (Read 5808 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:21 pm »
The downside to that is he'd use either the course at Andrews AFB or at Ft. Belvoir...which means that soldiers who were looking forward to playing a round or two after a hard week at work had their reserved tee times cancelled without warning.

Secret Service shut down the course he played to anyone but him.

Just like airports.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:42 pm »
   The #NeverCruzers here are not to be underestimated, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2021, 09:00:51 pm »
Om my gosh, the horrors!

That man should have been in electric power company headquarters pushing electrons into the power lines by hand!

I agree. I would have done the same.  Take care of my family.  I don't like Ted, but what is he supposed to do?

30 DEMON-RATS in congress, went to Puerto Rico...for fun, when our government was shut down.  30 of THEM!  Instead of working, they went to party.  The shut down was, because  DEMON-RATS WOULD NOT COMPROMISE  OR WORK FOR WE THE PEOPLE.  Republicans are always held to a different standard. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »
I agree. I would have done the same.  Take care of my family.  I don't like Ted, but what is he supposed to do?

30 DEMON-RATS in congress, went to Puerto Rico...for fun, when our government was shut down.  30 of THEM!  Instead of working, they went to party.  The shut down was, because  DEMON-RATS WOULD NOT COMPROMISE  OR WORK FOR WE THE PEOPLE.  Republicans are always held to a different standard.

It is possible, this was already planned by TED to do, without there having been a black out.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:07:36 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 09:06:30 pm »
Cruz isn't allowed vacations? 

If the dims want to pull the hypocricy card, we'll play that game okay.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 09:07:43 pm »
   Man they miss Trump to beat up on.  Apparently they are still scared of Cruz and that's a good thing. With that being said some parts of Texas are still in catastrophic conditions and everyone seems to want to beat up on our Gov. and junior Senator.  I still have Faith in both of them.

*Yea, Cruz stepped on his dick here, optically.  Hopefully it's a learning experience he'll need in 2024.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:08:49 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 09:09:19 pm »
Cruz isn't allowed vacations? 

If the dims want to pull the hypocricy card, we'll play that game okay.

I don't like TED, but I support him in this!    :thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 09:10:12 pm »
   Man they miss Trump to beat up on.  Apparently they are still scared of Cruz and that's a good thing. With that being said some parts of Texas are still in catastrophic conditions and everyone seems to want to beat up on our Gov. and junior Senator.  I still have Faith in both of them.

*Yea, Cruz stepped on his dick here, optically.  Hopefully it's a learning experience he'll need in 2024.

People have to remember....   Cruz is a legislator....  Not an administrator.  If  he was governor, mayor, or heading an agency directly involved in the event, we'd have reason to scream. 

Let's not forget his role in government.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 09:11:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 09:15:34 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Republicans be like “Why don’t people like us?”

12:18 PM · Feb 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1362451494235234305

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Party of Davos-level

What was he thinking

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram   Â· 6h

Colleague Paul Steinhauser confirms GOP TX Sen Ted Cruz traveled to Cancun amid the TX storm/power outages. GOP Source: “the photos speak for themselves”

10:17 AM · Feb 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1362420862373277698

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Yes!

Joe@joepushback  · 5h

Jesus, Jack.  Would it have been better had he taken a photo op in front of a frozen wind turbine and vowed to get to the bottom of all this?

10:39 AM · Feb 18, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1362426540345163780

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 09:20:04 pm »
Oh great! Leftists have a hissy fit that Ted Cruz didn't stay in Texas and suffer along with his fellow Texans, and the right-leaning media joins in to excoriate him. Plus members of this forum. Others have asked, and I fully agree, what am I missing here?

How does Cruz' brief escape make anyone's life any better? Everyone knows he can be available any time, any place in today's world. He can speak with Governor Abbott anytime he's needed for input. Do those complaining believe that he's got his phone on silent or is blocking calls from Texas officials? I'm truly incredulous. SMH.

This frenzy should have fizzled out right after it was launched. Instead, frantic newscasters and solid (?) conservatives are bumping this story right back up to the top instead of laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Let it die already.

P.S. I believe I would have Rush's full agreement, but he would have worded it better. He could stay calm. It's my anger that's tripped me up.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2021, 09:23:45 pm »
Oh great! Leftists have a hissy fit that Ted Cruz didn't stay in Texas and suffer along with his fellow Texans, and the right-leaning media joins in to excoriate him. Plus members of this forum. Others have asked, and I fully agree, what am I missing here?

How does Cruz' brief escape make anyone's life any better? Everyone knows he can be available any time, any place in today's world. He can speak with Governor Abbott anytime he's needed for input. Do those complaining believe that he's got his phone on silent or is blocking calls from Texas officials? I'm truly incredulous. SMH.

This frenzy should have fizzled out right after it was launched. Instead, frantic newscasters and solid (?) conservatives are bumping this story right back up to the top instead of laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Let it die already.

P.S. I believe I would have Rush's full agreement, but he would have worded it better. He could stay calm. It's my anger that's tripped me up.

It's a circular firing squad, and that, more than any Rat chicanery, will be why we lose in 2022 and 2024 (and beyond).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2021, 09:27:46 pm »
It's a circular firing squad, and that, more than any Rat chicanery, will be why we lose in 2022 and 2024 (and beyond).

I still have not heard one single valid reason why he as a legislator is less effective down there instead of Houston. 

NWS forecasts saw something bad coming a week before.  What prevented any person to avoid it to drive or fly 500 miles plus or minus east or west to avoid the event?  This faux outrage rings hollow to me.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2021, 09:31:26 pm »

I agree with you. 
The RIGHT....like to virtue signal, instead of being SMART and practical.   They 'love' to take the high road, to their own demise. 

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2021, 09:33:42 pm »
Senator Cruz's Cancun trip gets the meme treatment ....
Daily Mail/UK, Feb 2021

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275289/Twitter-goes-frenzy-Ted-Cruz-Cancun-trip-memes.html

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2021, 09:37:11 pm »
I agree with you. 
The RIGHT....like to virtue signal, instead of being SMART and practical.   They 'love' to take the high road, to their own demise.

@LegalAmerican

Virtual signaling was exactly the term that came to mind for me. I always thought that was a leftist trait.

P.S. I am crazy about the pic of your dog. Best on the board.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2021, 09:38:26 pm »
Ted Cruz, has returned to TEXAS!   

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2021, 09:39:23 pm »

Great! Crisis over!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2021, 09:42:56 pm »
Great! Crisis over!

Yes and thank you for the compliment on dog.  That is how I 'feel' in real life!   lol.

Such a "crisis. "   :silly:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2021, 09:43:05 pm »
I still follow my hometown newspaper's FB page and I've been asking the Cruz bashers on there this simple question.

Are you this concerned with what the other members of the Texas delegation to DC is doing right now? Where's Cornyn? What is the representative from your Congressional District doing during the storm that has the state locked down? Are you down at your Reps local office demanding he do something about a state issue?

No honest answers and a ton of deflection from anyone I've asked that question.

And honestly that question could be asked of anyone in here who's state is in the grip of this storm who is bashing Cruz and biting their fist over "optics".

I don't give two sh*ts about optics.  And unnatural and unhealthy obsession with optics is what's de-nutted the Republican party.

Instead of Conservatives and Republicans standing up for the man for taking care of his family and getting them to a warmer and safe climate...we've got so-called Conservatives and Republicans clutching their pearls so hard it's leaving bruises on their neck over "optics".

No wonder the Dems run the show in DC whether they are the majority or not.
Amen!!!

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2021, 09:45:32 pm »
I still have not heard one single valid reason why he as a legislator is less effective down there instead of Houston. 

NWS forecasts saw something bad coming a week before.  What prevented any person to avoid it to drive or fly 500 miles plus or minus east or west to avoid the event?  This faux outrage rings hollow to me.

Granted, Cruz's political competitors will have tons of fun with this.  And why not?  He put the Christmas present in their laps.  But. the outrage coming from Texans isn't faux and Cruz needs to make this right.

It may have just been Cruz's tin ear getting the best of him.  But, after his "vote your conscience" at the convention and the price he almost paid for that, one can't help wondering why he hasn't developed more introspection and skill at retail politics. 

C'est la vie.  :shrug:

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2021, 09:46:41 pm »

Any word on whether or not Cruz will again be a good dad and fly back to Cancun to bring home the family?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2021, 09:51:35 pm »
Granted, Cruz's political competitors will have tons of fun with this.  And why not?  He put the Christmas present in their laps.  But. the outrage coming from Texans isn't faux and Cruz needs to make this right.

It may have just been Cruz's tin ear getting the best of him.  But, after his "vote your conscience" at the convention and the price he almost paid for that, one can't help wondering why he hasn't developed more introspection and skill at retail politics. 

C'est la vie.  :shrug:

And again...  what exactly could he have done in Houston that he wouldn't have been able to do in Cancun as a legislator?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2021, 09:51:55 pm »
I was going to ask, any DEMON-RATS...leave Texas for their families and warmth? Only republicans are attacked, then others chime in.  NO THINKING on their own. 

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1362212258135220228?s=20