Author Topic: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source  (Read 5871 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 07:56:24 pm »
Yup.  The firing squad is indeed circular....

I don't know that Cruz wants to be President, but I do expect quite a few "Republicans" are on the rifle squad.  Every one that actually wants to be President for example. 

Pubbies need to get signed onto TBR, so they can get the advice about optics.

The Optics are terrible..what was Cruz thinking!

If this was a Dem we would be all over his ass!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 07:58:45 pm »
What could he have done that the state agencies and state legislature and leadership isn't doing?

Is the concept of states taking care of themselves a lost cause among even so called Conservatives these days?
One of the headlines is something to the effect, "Cruz Flies to Mexico as Texans Freeze." Perhaps he can affect the weather. If only he hadn't accompanied his family to Cancun, by golly, the temperatures in Texas would have soared to at least the mid-60s and no one would be freezing. Who knows what impact that <24 hour grip had on the temperature.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:39 pm »
Why are you blaming the generic republican for this?  Cruz wants to be President.  Cruz has a problem convincing voters he's genuine.  Put another way, he sucks at retail politics.  This is just another nail in that coffin with him again holding the hammer.

If he doesn't want to be president, then he should fly back to Cancun, enjoy a Margarita on the beach and toast the good fortune gods for letting him escape the frigid, killing cold in Texas.   :shrug:

Agreed....

This is the lead story on every news site..lib and conservative...I can't imagine what he was thinking, he had to know what this would look like especially with so many Texans suffering and he's on vacay in Cancun....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 08:01:45 pm »

I wouldn't, personally.  Didn't care much about Pelosi's ice cream habit, for example.  The only problem I had with O'Bastard's frequent Hawaiian vacations was the way it forced Secret Service agents to be away from their families on Christmas.  I was glad for the time he spent on the golf course.

I think I might be unusual....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 08:04:05 pm »

Rats do this kind of stuff all of the time, and I typically make snide comments in passing.

If he had it to do all over again I'm sure Ted would re-think going down there, but I'll be damned if I'll pile on with the rest of the rats. Maybe if they start holding their own to the same standard I'd be more inclined.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:08:01 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2021, 08:05:53 pm »
One of the headlines is something to the effect, "Cruz Flies to Mexico as Texans Freeze." Perhaps he can affect the weather. If only he hadn't accompanied his family to Cancun, by golly, the temperatures in Texas would have soared to at least the mid-60s and no one would be freezing. Who knows what impact that <24 hour grip had on the temperature.

I still follow my hometown newspaper's FB page and I've been asking the Cruz bashers on there this simple question.

Are you this concerned with what the other members of the Texas delegation to DC is doing right now? Where's Cornyn? What is the representative from your Congressional District doing during the storm that has the state locked down? Are you down at your Reps local office demanding he do something about a state issue?

No honest answers and a ton of deflection from anyone I've asked that question.

And honestly that question could be asked of anyone in here who's state is in the grip of this storm who is bashing Cruz and biting their fist over "optics".

I don't give two sh*ts about optics.  And unnatural and unhealthy obsession with optics is what's de-nutted the Republican party.

Instead of Conservatives and Republicans standing up for the man for taking care of his family and getting them to a warmer and safe climate...we've got so-called Conservatives and Republicans clutching their pearls so hard it's leaving bruises on their neck over "optics".

No wonder the Dems run the show in DC whether they are the majority or not.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:11:43 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 08:10:27 pm »
The really important question is: Where's Beto?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:06 pm »
 pointing-down
I don't give two sh*ts about optics.  An unnatural and unhealthy obsession with optics is what's de-nutted the Republican party.

Instead of Conservatives and Republicans standing up for the man for taking care of his family and getting them to a warmer and safe climate...we've got so-called Conservatives and Republicans clutching their pearls so hard it's leaving bruises on their neck over "optics".

No wonder the Dems run the show in DC whether they are the majority or not.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This right here.   pointing-up  :yowsa:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:23 pm »
@amuse  @amuse

Crazy that the MSM is DOXXING the senator's flight. Worse than that Twitter is allowing it to trend. It is dangerous.

THREAT THREAD: Today @United Airlines shared the travel itinerary of Senator @tedcruz with members of the media and as a result, the public at large. His flight information is being included in tweets to/from mainstream media including @CNN and @Acosta.

2/ MSNBC's @JakeSherman also shared @tedcruz flight upgrade status on Twitter so that anyone who plans to stalk to senator will know whether or not he got upgraded to first-class (evidently he did not).

3/ When Democrats call for the death of senators like @tedcruz they don't realize that they're putting the lives of @SecretService, Police, and airport employees at risk too.

4/ Remember, just four years ago a Democratic campaign worker read a tweet from @BernieSanders suggesting that Republicans in Congress wanted to kill Americans and as a result, he went to the Republican softball practice injuring five and almost killing @SteveScalise.

5/ If I were @United I'd be very concerned. Imagine a major US airline DOXXING a member of the Senate Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security. My advice? Change the arrival gate at the last minute and don't announce it publicly.

6/ @SecretService and @TwitterSupport here are just some of the Twitter users that shared @tedcruz private info: @lbeckman@elkaw@Antoniocuba59@RhymesWithRight@ChickoHen@JakeSherman@emilcDC@Todd_Rubin@passantino@BrianPe75097879@daynasteele@dougblandry

7/ Sadly Heidi Cruz is literally on the phone trying to get protection from HPD when Ted lands in Houston. His family is terrified. If you needed any more proof that the Democratic Party is the party of hate, look no further. Pray for Ted, his family, and the police.

8/ United offered refunds to customers unwilling to fly given the security threat caused by the DOXXING of Senator Cruz. Here is a picture of Ted in Mexico arriving at the airport:

9/ UPDATE: Sources at the FAA report that there have been more than a dozen bomb threats for the flight Senator Cruz is reportedly booked on.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1362478077016637441

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 08:20:43 pm »
If I was Cruz the minute I got back to DC I'd go talk to my Republican friends on the committee that oversees the GSA as well as Defense Travel Agency and ask them to have United Airlines removed as a preferred airline for government travel for civilian and military members of the DoD.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 08:21:02 pm »
The really important question is: Where's Beto?

Beto O’Rourke: Ted Cruz ‘Culpable’ for Capitol Hill ‘Coup Attempt’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/18/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-culpable-for-capitol-hill-coup-attempt/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2021, 08:26:31 pm »
Well I guess I am alone on this...I like Cruz, in fact I supported him over Trump in 2016.

I am not piling on I just want Cruz to be in a good position for 2024 and this will not help him imho
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:58 pm »
Well I guess I am alone on this...I like Cruz, in fact I supported him over Trump in 2016.

I am not piling on I just want Cruz to be in a good position for 2024 and this will not help him imho

It won't matter...either way...McConnell and his gang of Republican swamp rats will work against him just as hard whether this had happened or not.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 08:31:01 pm »
It won't matter...either way...McConnell and his gang of Republican swamp rats will work against him just as hard whether this had happened or not.

Chinless Turtle has not, and will not forget that Cruz tagged him as a liar.  I'm sure Ted Cruz has other hobbies he'd rather pursue than running for President anyway.  Frog-gigging, perhaps.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:01 pm »

I wouldn't say you are alone on this...several people on this thread agree with you. :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:54 pm »
BTW..optics is everything in politics..just ask Nixon about his debate with Kennedy in 1960
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:01 pm »
BTW..optics is everything in politics..just ask Nixon about his debate with Kennedy in 1960

We've become too obsessed with them.  To the point that Republicans can't act can't do bold things or push back against horrible things siab about them in the direct way they need to be addressed because of the "optics".

It's something we need to give a big middle finger to...just like the Dems do.

When was the lat time the Dems were concerned about "optics"?  That's a game they force us to play while they do as they please and don't give a rats ass about how it looks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:31 pm »
I wouldn't, personally.  Didn't care much about Pelosi's ice cream habit, for example.  The only problem I had with O'Bastard's frequent Hawaiian vacations was the way it forced Secret Service agents to be away from their families on Christmas.  I was glad for the time he spent on the golf course.

No, I wouldn't either. There ain't nothing he can do locally that he can't do from his phone. And it if was a scheduled vacation (I don't know one way or the other), I would certainly go anyway, to be near my fam, even if it got turned into a working vacation. You don't just cancel on booked stuff.

Now, there is a difference if it is a matter of hypocrisy... That chick preaching how everyone had to stay home that got caught on a beach... Or Pelosi getting caught maskless getting a hairdo at a shop that would be otherwise closed...

Different story.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:38 pm »
Chinless Turtle has not, and will not forget that Cruz tagged him as a liar.  I'm sure Ted Cruz has other hobbies he'd rather pursue than running for President anyway.  Frog-gigging, perhaps.

He seems to be a pretty decent deer hunter too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:12 pm »

True enough, and it serves to show how far the news biz has sunken. 

We've gone from a man sweating on TV in 1960 to five-star alerts about a Senator traveling to Cancun overnight in 2021.  On a flight the Press doxxed to create numerous bomb threats against a specific airliner.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:29 pm »

The downside to that is he'd use either the course at Andrews AFB or at Ft. Belvoir...which means that soldiers who were looking forward to playing a round or two after a hard week at work had their reserved tee times cancelled without warning.

Secret Service shut down the course he played to anyone but him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2021, 08:40:22 pm »
   Boy the Cruz hate sure manifested here quickly and from the usual suspects, as always. My question is where in the hell is @LegalAmerican to put icing on this cake  :shrug:

Maybe she's triggered by pictures.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2021, 08:42:39 pm »
My question is where in the hell is @LegalAmerican to put icing on this cake  :shrug:

Offline corbe

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2021, 08:47:54 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.