Author Topic: Trump ready to make McConnell's life miserable  (Read 1106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump ready to make McConnell's life miserable
« on: February 18, 2021, 02:29:51 pm »
Trump ready to make McConnell's life miserable
By Jonathan Easley and Juliegrace Brufke - 02/18/21 06:00 AM EST

Allies of former President Trump say he’s determined to make life miserable for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

Trump’s political machine, which has $60 million in a super PAC and an unmatched grassroots fundraising apparatus, is vowing to go aggressively after GOP lawmakers in primaries in the wake of an unprecedented feud between the nation’s two most powerful Republicans.

Trump was prepared to give McConnell a pass, sources in his orbit stated, after he gave a blistering post-impeachment floor speech saying the former president was “practically and morally” responsible for the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol that led to five deaths and the evacuation of Congress.
ADVERTISEMENT

But McConnell’s follow-up op-ed knocking Trump in The Wall Street Journal was the final straw, provoking a blistering response in which the former president insulted McConnell and his family and threatened to back primary challengers against GOP incumbents.

“Our goal is to win back the House and Senate,” said Jason Miller, a senior adviser to Trump. “We’ll be looking at open seats, Democratic-held seats, and maybe there are places where we look for upgrades and more MAGA-friendly voices. I have no idea why McConnell decided to lash out at the president this way, but when you do, you can expect to get hit back.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/539298-trump-ready-to-make-mcconnells-life-miserable
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump ready to make McConnell's life miserable
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 02:47:49 pm »
I didn't see any "insults" of Murderturtle's family in Trump's message. Just an accurate description of it's business interests, which conflict with the Minority Leader's duties in public office.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:34:16 pm »
So McConnell can all but threaten Trump with criminal prosecutions without cause and Trump should lie back and take it? Considering the source, The SHill ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 03:36:17 pm »
Mitch has become a prime example of the problem. You can't go along to get along. The left will eat you alive than discard you when you disagree in the least bit with them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 03:37:42 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 04:40:47 pm »
Mitch has become a prime example of the problem. You can't go along to get along. The left will eat you alive than discard you when you disagree in the least bit with them.

TRUMP cannot stop with China Mitch ONLY. He needs to get GRAHAM, McCarthy, Cornyn, Collins, Sasse and many more RINOS that HATE him. If he gets a few of them the rest will back off because they do not want to be NEXT. If he is to have a chance in 2024 he needs to get all the RINO PARTY Leadership OUT. If not he will get the same results as 2020 even if he gets 90% of the VOTE. ALSO, quit listening to his advisors and JARVANKA and GO on offense for ONCE. If he drained a FEW SWAMP Members while in OFFICE he would still be in the WH. Politicians are COWARDS by nature and if threaten they will back him on everything because they do NOT want to be NEXT on the LIST. :shrug: :patriot:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 05:43:39 pm »
In McConnell’s floor speech, he pointed out that he was not disparaging Trump’s movement, only the former president’s behavior and the behavior of those that sacked the Capitol.

Oh!  Never mind then. 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 05:57:57 pm »

Yep. That's right.
Mitch is still living in the old days when the Dems would leave you alone if you sit down, shut up, and do what you are told.
This new brand of fascistic Democrats do not tolerate any Republican of any kind.
These days Dems are so fanatically ideological there is nothing a Republican/Libertarian/or anyone else, can do to be 'accepted' by them no matter how much you kiss their butts.

The new Democrats want anyone who opposes anything they say, do, or believe, to be killed (literally). Or at least they want them all out of office with a 100% Democrat majority. There is no more friendly difference of opinion with the Democrats anymore. They have become totalitarian freaks. If you dare disagree with any of their "holy and enlightened" views about anything, they want you dead.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 06:11:40 pm »
I didn't see any "insults" of Murderturtle's family in Trump's message. Just an accurate description of it's business interests, which conflict with the Minority Leader's duties in public office.

As I understand it, China builds ships for Chao's family, staffs the ships for Chao's family, exports cargo on the ships of Chao's family and Chao's family "owns" the ships and keeps the profits. All this started after McConnell made a trip to China with his wife and her family back in the 90's.  UNBELIEVABLE!

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 08:49:43 pm »
As I understand it, China builds ships for Chao's family, staffs the ships for Chao's family, exports cargo on the ships of Chao's family ...

Got a source for this claim, a real source, not some conspiracy theory mongering clickbait blog?

In real life, Elaine Chao's father escaped the mainland in 1949, i.e. around the end of the revolution, and went to Taiwan. His soon-to-be wife also escaped to Taiwan, where they married and had children. The father rose through the ranks among merchant shipping, became a captain, and after coming to the US started his own company. Her family immigrated to the US when Elaine was 8.

Some of Foremost Group's ships were built in China. Some, in recent years, were built in Japan. Most of its business is in the Asia and Australian area, including with China. Believe it or not, doing business with Chinese companies is not a crime, nor is it evidence of being Chinese spies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 12:57:18 am »
TRUMP cannot stop with China Mitch ONLY. He needs to get GRAHAM, McCarthy, Cornyn, Collins, Sasse and many more RINOS that HATE him. If he gets a few of them the rest will back off because they do not want to be NEXT. If he is to have a chance in 2024 he needs to get all the RINO PARTY Leadership OUT. If not he will get the same results as 2020 even if he gets 90% of the VOTE. ALSO, quit listening to his advisors and JARVANKA and GO on offense for ONCE. If he drained a FEW SWAMP Members while in OFFICE he would still be in the WH. Politicians are COWARDS by nature and if threaten they will back him on everything because they do NOT want to be NEXT on the LIST. :shrug: :patriot:

Graham is untouchable, he was just re-elected last November.

Collins is probably going to retire.

McCarthy should be primaried out, but don't trust CA voters, not even GOP voters, to be rational and ruthless.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 01:01:56 am »
Got a source for this claim, a real source, not some conspiracy theory mongering clickbait blog?

In real life, Elaine Chao's father escaped the mainland in 1949, i.e. around the end of the revolution, and went to Taiwan. His soon-to-be wife also escaped to Taiwan, where they married and had children. The father rose through the ranks among merchant shipping, became a captain, and after coming to the US started his own company. Her family immigrated to the US when Elaine was 8.

Some of Foremost Group's ships were built in China. Some, in recent years, were built in Japan. Most of its business is in the Asia and Australian area, including with China. Believe it or not, doing business with Chinese companies is not a crime, nor is it evidence of being Chinese spies.

The reason to go after McConnell's old lady is obvious.

Hurting her business interests hurts his business interests, and thus should be done as a reasonable path to inform McConnell and the other RINOs of the disdain the Americans feel for them.

McConnell has hurt the business interests of middle class families by promoting his self-serving policies, time to send it back around.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 09:30:47 am »
Yep. That's right.
Mitch is still living in the old days when the Dems would leave you alone if you sit down, shut up, and do what you are told.
This new brand of fascistic Democrats do not tolerate any Republican of any kind.
These days Dems are so fanatically ideological there is nothing a Republican/Libertarian/or anyone else, can do to be 'accepted' by them no matter how much you kiss their butts.

The new Democrats want anyone who opposes anything they say, do, or believe, to be killed (literally). Or at least they want them all out of office with a 100% Democrat majority. There is no more friendly difference of opinion with the Democrats anymore. They have become totalitarian freaks. If you dare disagree with any of their "holy and enlightened" views about anything, they want you dead.

So stand back, pull any support and let him be hoist on his own petard. He made that monster by his inaction, now he can feed it, personally.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 10:06:02 am »
#DitchMitch
He is the epitome of what’s wrong with the GOP.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 11:13:59 am »
As I understand it, China builds ships for Chao's family, staffs the ships for Chao's family, exports cargo on the ships of Chao's family and Chao's family "owns" the ships and keeps the profits. All this started after McConnell made a trip to China with his wife and her family back in the 90's.  UNBELIEVABLE!

Here's a link to a painstakingly long article on the Chao family business and its deep ties to China.  There are lots of details about the business itself and the Chao family personal relationships with Chinese businesses, the CCP and the top echelon of American politics, including McConnell.  Take from it what you will ... but it appears the Chao family (and by extension McConnell) have deeper and more active financial ties to China than Hunter Biden.

BTW, one of the most amazing things that jumped out at me reading this is Elaine Chao has never faced ethics charges.   With the mere suggestion of such action, a third party explained the misstep and the charge disappeared.  Striking, too, is she always turned up in a Republican president's administration since GHWB.  Every one.  The power of the swamp is stunning. 

Anyway, here's the link:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/politics/elaine-chao-china.html

@PeteS in CA  @bilo

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 11:19:20 am »
Graham is untouchable, he was just re-elected last November.

Collins is probably going to retire.

If you mean Susan Collins, she's like Graham, untouchable.  She, too, was just reelected Nov 2020.

@Sled Dog

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 02:45:57 pm »
McConnell is practically a cadaver how much life does he actually have left?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 03:02:37 pm »
That statement applies to most of Congress and Washington bureaucrats.
The problem is that they never, never, never ever, resign, no matter how rich they are.
No matter how old they are.  No matter how terminally sick they are.
They stay in office until they are carried out of their office, with one hand on a cellphone and the other clinging to their desk.
At this point it is acutely pathological. They are addicted to their power and their perqs beyond all reason.
It is a certifiable mental disorder. If I still had to 'go to work' at 80+ years old, I made some very 'wrong' decisions in my life.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:17:44 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:20 pm »

That statement applies to most of Congress and Washington bureaucrats.
The problem is that the never, never, never ever, resign, no matter how rich they are.
No matter how old they are.  No matter how terminally sick they are.
They stay in office until they are carried out of their office, with one hand on a cellphone and the other clinging to their desk.
At this point it is acutely pathological. They are addicted to their power and their perqs beyond all reason.
It is a certifiable mental disorder. If I still had to 'go to work' at 80+ years old, I made some very 'wrong' decisions in my life.

LOL!

@240B

You point out all the reasons they cling to importance/power...and then you suggest poor financial planning is the 'culprit'??   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 04:15:49 pm »

Here's a link to a painstakingly long article on the Chao family business and its deep ties to China.  There are lots of details about the business itself and the Chao family personal relationships with Chinese businesses, the CCP and the top echelon of American politics, including McConnell.  Take from it what you will ... but it appears the Chao family (and by extension McConnell) have deeper and more active financial ties to China than Hunter Biden.

BTW, one of the most amazing things that jumped out at me reading this is Elaine Chao has never faced ethics charges.   With the mere suggestion of such action, a third party explained the misstep and the charge disappeared.  Striking, too, is she always turned up in a Republican president's administration since GHWB.  Every one.  The power of the swamp is stunning. 

Anyway, here's the link:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/politics/elaine-chao-china.html

It's behind the NYT's paywall. You trust the NYT not to spin an article about a member of Trump's cabinet?

If companies doing some of their business in China makes them Chinese spies then chuck out your computers, tablets, and cell phones, because part or all of just about every one of those was made in China. If you doubt that, look at the label on the silver box into which your computer's power cord plugs and look at the labels on the power adapters for your laptop, printer, tablet, and cell phone (whichever applies to the electronic stuff you own).

Two of my employers were started by people born in Taiwan (am I the only one who remembers what happened between China and Taiwan in late 1949? *****rollingeyes***** ), one based in Taiwan, the other here in Silicon Valley. Both do substantial manufacturing in China. The products of one may be in your computers. If a company and its employees are Chinese spies because the companies were started by Taiwanese person and do some business in China, then I am a Chinese spy!

Can we move from six-degrees-of-separation-grade guilt-by-association to something weird, like evidence? You want a zero-separation association? Elaine Chao was a cabinet member, all four years, in an Administration that was the toughest on China since before Nixon.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:17:28 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline bilo

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 05:48:53 pm »

https://www.shiftfrequency.com/chao-and-mitch-mcconnells-china-ties/

" As Schweizer recounts in Secret Empires,"

If you read the article at the link it will give you a better perspective on McConnell and his in-laws. I believe Schweizer is a pretty good investigative journalist.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 05:56:21 pm »

There are several cadavers still lurking around; SJB (Sloe Joe Biteme), Nutty Nancy, and the Turtle -- they are what ails Congress and the WH. There are others as well, but they are prime examples as to why we definitely need term limits in the House, Senate and SCOTUS.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2021, 05:57:52 pm »

@PeteS in CA  @bilo

Thanks for the additional info. I also posted an article about this that doesn't have a paywall.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2021, 06:55:24 pm »
Longiron:

TRUMP cannot stop with China Mitch ONLY. He needs to get GRAHAM, McCarthy, Cornyn, Collins, Sasse and many more RINOS that HATE him. If he gets a few of them the rest will back off because they do not want to be NEXT. If he is to have a chance in 2024 he needs to get all the RINO PARTY Leadership OUT. If not he will get the same results as 2020 even if he gets 90% of the VOTE. ALSO, quit listening to his advisors and JARVANKA and GO on offense for ONCE. If he drained a FEW SWAMP Members while in OFFICE he would still be in the WH. Politicians are COWARDS by nature and if threaten they will back him on everything because they do NOT want to be NEXT on the LIST.

christian:
Exactly so, but what can be done with China's best ally Zhou Bei-den in office?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2021, 06:48:32 am »
It's behind the NYT's paywall. You trust the NYT not to spin an article about a member of Trump's cabinet?

The article wasn't behind a pay wall @PeteS in CA  --- I read it without a problem in full --- including photos, maps and videos.

I'm not going to comment further on your post since you didn't read the article....which is remarkably well researched and evenhanded with a response from the organization and Sec. Chao to each issue raised.  You're still doing the kneejerk thing.  I'd prefer to engage with the intellect thing.

Ciao.   :seeya: