Author Topic: Biden’s low-key approach to storm wins praise but courts risks  (Read 298 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Post By Cleve R. Wootson Jr. and Eva Ruth Moravec 2/20/2021

AUSTIN — Democratic state Rep. James Talarico says the most he's heard of federal help in his area during the devastating winter storm is a FEMA water truck that apparently got stuck in ice. K.P. George, the top elected official in Fort Bend County, Tex., said federal officials have told him help is on the way — just not fast enough: "We can't wait another 72 hours to get food and blankets and things like that," he said.

And U.S. Rep. Colin Allred (D-Tex.), a congressman from Dallas, said what would help most, beyond an infusion of federal dollars, is a visit from President Biden.

"This has been something like the Dark Ages here in Texas," Allred said. "I mean, people are burning their furniture and their fences for warmth and for heat. They're finding older folks literally frozen to death in their beds. When the president has toured — seen the damage, spoken to the people who were affected — I think that makes it a little bit hard to say, 'Well, I'm sorry, you're going to be on your own.' "

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-storm-lowkey/2021/02/20/9db4468a-731d-11eb-93be-c10813e358a2_story.html

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Biden’s low-key approach to storm wins praise but courts risks
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 10:14:28 am »
Like Katrina-New Orleans, democrats like a high death toll crisis before they move in to play magnanimous Saviors.  You might of noticed Trump skipped playing political games and rushed help to the crisis and lower the casualties. Democrats have made their actions standard ways of dealing with crisis-es, even ones they don't invent.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions