Author Topic: ‘We Should Never Build Another Wind Turbine in Texas’  (Read 322 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard By Iris Poole February 16, 2021

Sid Miller: ‘We Should Never Build Another Wind Turbine in Texas’

“Governor Abbott’s Public Utility Commission appointees need to be fired and more gas, coal, and oil infrastructure built.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller is expressing his disappointment with Gov. Greg Abbott’s Public Utility Commission appointees for their alleged negligence in preparation for a statewide disaster, which has led to millions of Texans being stuck without power.

“We should never build another wind turbine in Texas. The experiment failed big time. Governor Abbott’s Public Utility Commission appointees need to be fired and more gas, coal, and oil infrastructure built,” Miller said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

Green energy and climate change have been criticized by Miller as overdramatized, scientifically unsound, and failing to properly prepare the state for a disaster that has killed many Texans.

Despite being rich in natural gas, coal, and oil, Texas has increasingly relied on wind and solar energy for its power, leading to outages across the state.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/sid-miller-we-should-never-build-another-wind-turbine-in-texas/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: ‘We Should Never Build Another Wind Turbine in Texas’
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 01:48:50 am »
I am no fan of windmills and wish there is never another subsidy for wind produced energy.  Let them stand on their own rather than force us taxpayers to distort the market with subsidies.

Having said that, I disagree with Sid Miller as we should not necessarily restrict ourselves by never allowing future windmill energy production.

Sid Miller is trying to score political points here.  He was passed over by Trump for Agricultural Commissioner and appears to be a political animal seeking higher office.  Perhaps he is shooting for Abbott's job
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 02:06:10 am »
Texas has increasingly relied on wind and solar energy for its power, leading to outages across the state.

This is bullshit.  I'm no fan of subsidies for wind/solar.  But the Nat Gas Energy Systems have far bigger losses and caused far more electric power outages this week than the wind ever run in the first place.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 04:11:30 am »
I am no fan of windmills and wish there is never another subsidy for wind produced energy.  Let them stand on their own rather than force us taxpayers to distort the market with subsidies.

Having said that, I disagree with Sid Miller as we should not necessarily restrict ourselves by never allowing future windmill energy production.

Sid Miller is trying to score political points here.  He was passed over by Trump for Agricultural Commissioner and appears to be a political animal seeking higher office.  Perhaps he is shooting for Abbott's job
I'm no fan of windmills either.  When it's icy like it is now, if you are near one and the ice breaks off and hits you...you die.

I used to like them, but agree that I'd rather never see a new one built in Texas.

As for the clueless people who wonder why gas/oil wells were shut in...  We shut ALL of our production in before the freeze, because we have waaaay too much equipment to put at risk of being destroyed.  What idiot would risk their equipment for the pitiful price we receive for the product?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:13:59 am by mrpotatohead »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:43:41 am »
I'm no fan of windmills either.  When it's icy like it is now, if you are near one and the ice breaks off and hits you...you die.

I used to like them, but agree that I'd rather never see a new one built in Texas.

As for the clueless people who wonder why gas/oil wells were shut in...  We shut ALL of our production in before the freeze, because we have waaaay too much equipment to put at risk of being destroyed.  What idiot would risk their equipment for the pitiful price we receive for the product?
That's part of it, the rest has to do with trucking crude on icy roads. Again, price is a factor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis