Author Topic: New Poll: Twice As Many GOP Voters Say Trump Better President Than Reagan  (Read 590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Poll: Twice As Many GOP Voters Say Trump Better President Than Reagan

byJonathan Davis

Despite efforts by establishment Republicans to rid ‘their’ party of former President Donald Trump, his supporters — and their voters, for the most part — aren’t having it.

In fact, by far, a majority of Republicans actually hold Trump in higher reverence than “The Gipper” and the party’s first president who just happened to have freed the slaves.

The Epoch Times reports:

In a new Economist/YouGov survey, 36 percent of Republicans called Trump the best, while 18 percent called Reagan the same, 13 percent called President Abraham Lincoln the best, and 11 percent said the same for President George Washington.

Republicans chose Reagan over Trump 36 percent to 10 percent in 2018, according to the poll.

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/new-poll-twice-as-many-gop-voters-say-trump-better-president-than-reagan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Re: New Poll: Twice As Many GOP Voters Say Trump Better President Than Reagan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 12:33:30 am »
New Poll: Twice As Many GOP Voters Say Trump Better President Than Reagan by Jonathan Davis.
Despite efforts by establishment Republicans to rid ‘their’ party of former President Donald Trump, his supporters — and their voters, for the most part — aren’t having it.
In fact, by far, a majority of Republicans actually hold Trump in higher reverence than “The Gipper” and the party’s first president who just happened to have freed the slaves.
--------------------------
Much more appropriate this paranoid horse manure be published on April Fool's Day,
producing hysterical laughter, rather than now, producing ??????????

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 12:38:33 am »
Much more appropriate this paranoid horse manure be published on April Fool's Day,

Perhaps, dear Absalom, the fault lies not in your fellow conservatives...who you are quick to condemn, but in yourself.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 01:29:05 am »
If you stick your head out a window and listen closely,you can hear Dim and RINO heads exploding all over the nation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 01:35:14 am »
Or one could go to the actual poll and see what it actually reported... I don't see this question at all ... but I do see where where they polled to see what people thought of Trump... Called Trump's Legacy... Page 161

Outstanding 16%, Above Average 13%, Average 8%, Below Average 10%, Poor 44%, Not Sure 9%...

Here is link to the poll ...

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/rqqxdo2ujy/econTabReport.pdf

Edit, I did find a rating of presidents... Page 151... (but how is 13% double that of Reagan at 10%????)

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/rqqxdo2ujy/econTabReport.pdf

Take time to see where they consistently rate China Biden better than Trump. Perhaps someone can link me to what page exactly was this article (page of poll) this article was referencing. I sure missed it in the contents page for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:45:50 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 04:55:48 am »
The poll shows two things:

1) it's as reliable as the poll that showed 40% of Democrat believing Biden has a working brain.

2) And it's a testament to the Rodent infiltration of the public school system to totally re-write American history to fit the marxist narrative.  My daughters learned nothing about Reagan but learned that Carter was a genius.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 05:15:51 am »
Perhaps, dear Absalom, the fault lies not in your fellow conservatives...who you are quick to condemn, but in yourself.
---------------------
A serious retort w/o sarcasm.
Since founding, the quality of our leadership has deteriorated decade after decade, as our spiritual sensibilities disappeared, being replaced by relenthless material betterment; and you're smart enough to understand this.
Our 19th century leadership was inferior to our Founding Fathers and our 20th century leaders,
by far the worst. Yet Reagan, while neither Jefferson, Madison nor Monroe, gave us hope.
So if 2x as many R's now believe a laughable and moronic fraud and hustler such as Trump,
is superior to Reagan, our culture/society is finished as is our nation/state!!!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 01:22:21 am »
Trump gave the Americans hope.

Trump fought hard against the entrenched traitors in the media, the legislature and the bureaucracy.

Reagan didn't do much of that, though he should have.

Ranking the presidents from best to worst starts with

Washington
Lincoln
Coolidge
Trump
Reagan
Johnson, Lyin' Bastard
FDR
Woodrow Wilson as the very worst president.

The Illegal Alien from Kenya was not a US president, but was far worse than that other racist, Wilson.
The Usurper in President Trump's Basement is also not a real President, and he bodes to be worse than the Illegal Alien From Kenya, who is pulling his strings.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:28 am »

Trump fought hard against the entrenched traitors in the media, the legislature and the bureaucracy.

Washington
Lincoln
Coolidge
Trump
Reagan
Johnson, Lyin' Bastard
FDR

The Illegal Alien from Kenya was not a US president, but was far worse than that other racist, Wilson.
The Usurper in President Trump's Basement is also not a real President, and he bodes to be worse than the Illegal Alien From Kenya, who is pulling his strings.

@Sled Dog

You are going to have to cut Reagan some slack on that. It was a different time,the Dims had no where NEAR the control then they have now,and in fact,were more of a sick joke than an actual threat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 02:21:29 am »
Washington
Lincoln
Coolidge
Trump
Reagan
Johnson, Lyin' Bastard
FDR
----------------------
Our founding Presidents; Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Quincy Adams.....gave us the
legacy/heritage that allowed us to survive and thrive; sadly long frittered away.
If you're serious, absorb history and skip the media gossip!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 02:27:52 am »
Trump is not even in the same universe as Reagan.  Reagan will always be my favorite President.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 02:45:43 am »

TRUMP ENVY....in glaring post.  lol.   WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 02:47:49 am »
Trump is not even in the same universe as Reagan.  Reagan will always be my favorite President.
I disagree.  MEDIA did not badmouth Reagan 24/7 for 5 years.  NOR MAKE UP A BUNCH OF LIES and slander him. 
You don't know everything about Reagan.  Cathy O'Brien, transformation of America.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:41 am »

The hell he didn't.

And Tumpy ain't a pimple on Reagan's ass.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 04:28:06 am »
I voted for both twice.  I admired Reagan when he was POTUS.  While many in the media thought he was a nut job back then, he stood his ground.  When he pressured USSR to end their Iron Curtain control over Europe, he had many again say he is a nut.  But he was no nut.  What he was, was resolute.  And he brought freedom to many millions of people, including those in the USSR.  What he did changed everything that all thought would never change.  He was a true champion for freedom, a true leader in every sense of the word.

Someone up stream mentioned that Carter was a genius, or words to that effect, but functionally, he was a miserable failure.  I remember vividly his inept decisions with the Iran Crisis.  Pathetic would be a kind word in his regard.

But Trump like Reagan was also a champion, a true leader.  His behavior was caustic, belligerent, etc, but he set out to accomplish what he told the American people he would do, and with nearly no cooperation from Congress, I would say he accomplished more in four years than any other POTUS.  What he did do is remind the American people that Washington can actually represent them.  Politicians in Washington have long forgotten the American people, evidenced by Biden's approach of anti American people on steroids.  He is more concerned about flooding this country with as many illegal and legal aliens as possible, all with the intention of cementing the power of the Democommies.

Obama's New Normal, only worse.  Much worse.  I see deflationary years coming.  How many will dictate just how bad the depression will be with Biden at the helm.  Obama took us to 1977 employments levels.  I fully expect Biden to take us lower yet.  Much lower.  So low in fact that we could well have an uprising that has teeth with it.

But back to the discussion of Trump vs Reagan, I find it highly unproductive to denigrate either man.  For their day, they were champions, and both will be highly regarded in history.  Trump proved that EVERYTHING Obama told America about a New Normal was pure poppycock!  Anyone voting for Obama as best POTUS is totally clueless, or a stinking racist like Obama.  With Trump, everyone's life improved while he was POTUS.  EVERYONE!

As conservatives, we need to focus on the future, and prepare for 2022 and 2024.  We need to get these state legislatures to do their damn job and put laws in place to stop the steal for the future.  Without ending the cheat mechanism the Dems have installed, our elections will be meaningless.  And I do not care if we return to full manual elections, but I do not want any foreign nation involved with our elections, not from a software perspective, and certainly not from a hardware perspective! 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 04:35:20 am »
I voted for both twice.  I admired Reagan when he was POTUS.  While many in the media thought he was a nut job back then, he stood his ground.  When he pressured USSR to end their Iron Curtain control over Europe, he had many again say he is a nut.  But he was no nut.  What he was, was resolute.  And he brought freedom to many millions of people, including those in the USSR.  What he did changed everything that all thought would never change.  He was a true champion for freedom, a true leader in every sense of the word.

Someone up stream mentioned that Carter was a genius, or words to that effect, but functionally, he was a miserable failure.  I remember vividly his inept decisions with the Iran Crisis.  Pathetic would be a kind word in his regard.

But Trump like Reagan was also a champion, a true leader.  His behavior was caustic, belligerent, etc, but he set out to accomplish what he told the American people he would do, and with nearly no cooperation from Congress, I would say he accomplished more in four years than any other POTUS.  What he did do is remind the American people that Washington can actually represent them.  Politicians in Washington have long forgotten the American people, evidenced by Biden's approach of anti American people on steroids.  He is more concerned about flooding this country with as many illegal and legal aliens as possible, all with the intention of cementing the power of the Democommies.

Obama's New Normal, only worse.  Much worse.  I see deflationary years coming.  How many will dictate just how bad the depression will be with Biden at the helm.  Obama took us to 1977 employments levels.  I fully expect Biden to take us lower yet.  Much lower.  So low in fact that we could well have an uprising that has teeth with it.

But back to the discussion of Trump vs Reagan, I find it highly unproductive to denigrate either man.  For their day, they were champions, and both will be highly regarded in history.  Trump proved that EVERYTHING Obama told America about a New Normal was pure poppycock!  Anyone voting for Obama as best POTUS is totally clueless, or a stinking racist like Obama.  With Trump, everyone's life improved while he was POTUS.  EVERYONE!

As conservatives, we need to focus on the future, and prepare for 2022 and 2024.  We need to get these state legislatures to do their damn job and put laws in place to stop the steal for the future.  Without ending the cheat mechanism the Dems have installed, our elections will be meaningless.  And I do not care if we return to full manual elections, but I do not want any foreign nation involved with our elections, not from a software perspective, and certainly not from a hardware perspective!

I totally agree with everything you posted.  I never understand people trying to do comparison's.  USELESS ENDEAVOR.

POTUS TRUMP won in 2020.  About 100 million votes.   

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:14 am »
And here i was about to be shocked at the lack of a Never Trumper's hate in this thread!  Not that an overwhelming Never Trumper would admit to it!  Democrats get a pass from all that hate and intolerance.
 :silly: ****slapping :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 12:54:27 pm »

Exactly!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 12:59:46 pm »
And here i was about to be shocked at the lack of a Never Trumper's hate in this thread!  Not that an overwhelming Never Trumper would admit to it!  Democrats get a pass from all that hate and intolerance.
 :silly: ****slapping :silly:

Time to get over the Never Trump v. Trump crappola and focus on conservatives coming together.  Taking pot shots at one another or pot shots at conservative candidates only continues to destroy the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 02:35:14 pm »
I disagree.  MEDIA did not badmouth Reagan 24/7 for 5 years.  NOR MAKE UP A BUNCH OF LIES and slander him. 
You don't know everything about Reagan.  Cathy O'Brien, transformation of America.

Reagan had an advantage over Trump. Reagan's opponents were Christian.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 02:42:22 pm »
God bless Donald Trump, but he is not in near even the same league as Reagan as a POTUS.  Reagan inspired us!!!

How many in this poll even remember Reagan as a president.  BOGUS poll IMO.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 02:44:33 pm »
How many in this poll even remember Reagan as a president.  BOGUS poll IMO.

Dumb poll, I agree. No reason for it, and Reagan left office 33 years ago.