Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed  (Read 6335 times)

Offline Mod2

Re: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2021, 10:33:43 pm »
Threads merged

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2021, 10:46:24 pm »
I would like to believe that in addition to his parents and his grandfather waiting to welcome into God’s loving grace...William Buckley...Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan were waiting there as well to greet him.   Oh the conversations that group will have!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

BassWrangler

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2021, 10:47:04 pm »
I agree.  I was hoping for some miracle.  At least another 10 years.  SO SAD.  R.I.P.

Me too! A week or two ago, someone posted that he said he was rounding second base, and could see third, and speculating that this meant there were some good indicators about the cancer moving towards a remission. But perhaps there was a different meaning.

I am impressed by so many things that Rush achieved, but near the top is his positive and strong demeaner, right up until the last show.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:49:03 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2021, 10:52:38 pm »
Hatred is all they have.

Sadly, that is true.

But hatred in time diminishes, grows dim, and sputters out as whatever flame caused it to be lit, finally expires in a wisp of dispelling smoke.

Love, and only love is eternal.

I am quite certain that Rush Limbaugh knew this to be so.

There are always those who wallow in hatred, born of the despair of their own hearts futilely searching for meaning without reason, purpose without comprehension, and love without commitment.

Such are always the loudest voices in the room - all sound and fury, and ultimately, signifying nothing.

To be sure: Rush Limbaugh had a powerful voice and a personality to match. But he had what his detractors lacked: purpose, comprehension, and commitment.

His audience (myself among them) loved him.

And he loved them right back.

Rush was a self-made man in every vital respect. He began his career in radio as a disk jockey, learning a business while coming to understand its limitations, and his own as well.

But he was not deterred or discouraged. Instead, as a college dropout: Rush inhaled knowledge like oxygen, absorbed books and magazines with passionate resolve, and educated himself so that he might impart wisdom - not propaganda, not pomposity, but actual knowledge, to an audience eager to learn. He was a font also of humor, jokes, and creativity, as befits a man who wants to share what he knows and has learned to love with others.

Rush Limbaugh created not just an audience of "Dittoheads" - but a movement of people committed to conservative ideas, not angry, insular, defensive and self-aggrandizing as is the Progressive Left - but instead eager and open-minded and intellectually curious.

And he did it almost daily, for over 30 years. 

Yes, it is fair to say that Rush loved his audience, and they loved him right back.

But what the Left does not, and will not ever understand is that a lifetime labor of love is its own reward, and may he now earn his own eternal reward in Heaven.

God bless you, Rush Limbaugh.   

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2021, 10:56:51 pm »
Sadly, that is true.

But hatred in time diminishes, grows dim, and sputters out as whatever flame caused it to be lit, finally expires in a wisp of dispelling smoke.

There are always those who wallow in hatred, born of the despair of their own hearts futilely searching for meaning without reason, purpose without comprehension, and love without commitment.

Such are always the loudest voices in the room - all sound and fury, and ultimately, signifying nothing.

To be sure: Rush Limbaugh had a powerful voice and a personality to match. But he had what his detractors lacked: purpose, comprehension, and commitment.

Rush was a self-made man in every vital respect. He began his career in radio as a disk jockey, learning a business while coming to understand its limitations, and his own as well.

But he was not deterred or discouraged. Instead, as a college dropout: Rush inhaled knowledge like oxygen, absorbed books and magazines with passionate resolve, and educated himself so that he might impart wisdom - not propaganda, not pomposity, but actual knowledge, to an audience eager to learn. He was a font also of humor, jokes, and creativity, as befits a man who wants to share what he knows and has learned to love with others.

Rush Limbaugh created not just an audience of "Dittoheads" - but a movement of people committed to conservative ideas, not angry, insular, defensive and self-aggrandizing as is the Progressive Left - but instead eager and open-minded and intellectually curious.

Yes, it is fair to say that Rush loved his audience, and they loved him right back.

But what the Left does not, and will not ever understand is that a lifetime labor of love is its own reward, and may he now earn his own eternal reward in Heaven.

:amen:  Very well said @andy58-in-nh and every word true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2021, 11:09:19 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2021, 11:09:43 pm »
Sadly, that is true.

Thank you for that tribute, @andy58-in-nh

You should know you speak for many of us here.

Soon as I heard Catherine was about to speak...today....I knew.

Rush will never be replaced.   Sad day indeed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2021, 11:10:49 pm »
Rush Limbaugh made conservatism popular with the entire nation and revolutionized conservative media. He will be missed by all of his “ditto heads,” this one included. Our country has lost one of its most important voices. Sending prayers to the Limbaugh family.— Mike Pompeo (@mikepompeo) February 17, 2021

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2021, 11:25:13 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2021, 11:40:54 pm »
I recommend you stay off Twitter too. Leftists are some hateful people.

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Remember this clip of Trump's initial reaction to the death of RBG. Tells you everything.

Traditional Canadian Girl
@canadiangirls99  · 4h

This is a correct way to respond to the death of someone who didn’t align with your personal and political beliefs.

There is a way to be respectful and truthful.

Not every moment is a platform for hate and division.

VIDEO:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1362134202574135297

3:17 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Twitter Web App

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:46:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

BassWrangler

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2021, 11:50:46 pm »
To prevent this thread from devolving into a recap of the nasty leftist comments, I propose we each post a fond memory of Rush or his show.  I will go first.

There are so many, but what sticks in my mind is the parody songs that Paul Shankling used to do on the show. One in particular that I remember is when they did a parody of "The Wanderer" for Ted Kennedy.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2021, 11:50:52 pm »
Kirstie Alley
@kirstiealley

To you who celebrate the death of others.. please don’t follow me.. you are repulsive

4:16 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/kirstiealley/status/1362148861230333958

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2021, 11:55:06 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Remember this clip of Trump's initial reaction to the death of RBG. Tells you everything.

3:17 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Twitter Web App

This was a tremendous example of class and decorum by Trump, one that we can all look up to and appreciate.  A pity for the country that the other side will not similarly rise to the occasion today.
James 1:20

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2021, 12:03:25 am »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2021, 12:08:48 am »
It in the news, God bless Rush and for all the enlightenment he brought this world.
R.I.P.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2021, 12:11:11 am »
I would like to believe that in addition to his parents and his grandfather waiting to welcome into God’s loving grace...William Buckley...Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan were waiting there as well to greet him.   Oh the conversations that group will have!

This thought put a smile on my face for the first time today .... thank you for that @txradioguy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2021, 12:11:29 am »
There are several threads on this..I will merge your post with one of them...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2021, 12:19:28 am »
Sadly, that is true.

Thanks for that...I have been crying all day. I loved Rush as most of you know since I posted his daily transcripts here.

God Speed El'Rushbo :crying:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:26:04 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2021, 12:40:59 am »
To prevent this thread from devolving into a recap of the nasty leftist comments, I propose we each post a fond memory of Rush or his show.  I will go first.

There are so many, but what sticks in my mind is the parody songs that Paul Shankling used to do on the show. One in particular that I remember is when they did a parody of "The Wanderer" for Ted Kennedy.

I loved his referring to NOW as NAGS.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 12:52:48 am »
This thought put a smile on my face for the first time today .... thank you for that @txradioguy

You’re welcome.  I’m glad I was able to do that for you. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2021, 01:23:10 am »
Some wonderful words here for an irreplaceable man.  My heart is breaking.  Meanwhile, the vile comments from countless tell us all we need to know about the Left and how far our society has eroded.  Devastating to my spirit.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idiot

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2021, 01:51:55 am »
Thanks for that...I have been crying all day. I loved Rush as most of you know since I posted his daily transcripts here.

Thank you again for posting Rush's transcripts. 

When I turned on Rush to listen almost daily, when I heard his voice, it was almost like everything was alright with the world. 

Thank you Mr. Limbaugh for what you brought to us all.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2021, 03:23:39 am »
Thank you again for posting Rush's transcripts. 

When I turned on Rush to listen almost daily, when I heard his voice, it was almost like everything was alright with the world. 

Thank you Mr. Limbaugh for what you brought to us all.

Rush always was the voice of reason and yes he made everything better and brightened my day.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2021, 03:41:36 am »
I logged off twitter because the left has taken it over with their disgusting comments on Rush...Now Breitbart is doing columns on what the leftist pigs are saying  9999hair out0000

I was on their today.  I don't post, but I get sent, some tweets, in my e-mail.  I peeked in.  ON MY GOSH.  SUCH A HATEFUL BUNCH!  Insanity. Everything was a lie and hate to POTUS Trump.  I posted some truth, no doubt, I will get banned shortly. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2021, 03:43:37 am »

You know,  I loved you posting his blogs.  I told you that.  So sad.  R.I.P. Rush.