Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed  (Read 6341 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2021, 02:32:45 pm »
Someone mentioned James Woods as a replacement. Now that is an interesting suggestion. Woods is definitely smart enough. He’s able to handle detractors and he’s witty.
No to Cruz - he needs to stay in the Senate. A big no to Trump.
I like Woods, but he's also in his mid-seventies. I think the replacement will probably be quite a bit younger.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2021, 08:51:12 pm »
Rush Limbaugh helped plan funeral, ‘knew he was going to Heaven': widow
By Leonardo Blair, Christian Post Reporter

Late popular conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who died last month after battling lung cancer, helped plan his own funeral and was buried last Wednesday, confident of his place in Heaven, according to his widow, Kathryn Limbaugh.

Speaking on "The Rush Limbaugh Show" Tuesday, Kathryn Limbaugh said while the coronavirus pandemic forced the family to limit attendance at her late husband's funeral, he was buried at the Bellefontaine Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri, after they played some of his favorite music at his gravesite, including “America The Beautiful” by Ray Charles. ...

Limbaugh’s final live broadcast was on Feb. 2, and his wife says even though that’s not exactly how he planned to leave his fans, he always knew whatever happened, he would be going to Heaven.

“So he left that day thinking that he would be coming back the next day. And unfortunately, he just got a little bit sicker and sicker by the day. And we had to take a bit of an emergency action for him. But the blessing in this is that he knew he was going to Heaven. But he didn't know that that was his final show and didn't know that he would not be speaking with all of you directly again. So that does provide some comfort that it was peaceful and unknown,” Kathryn Limbaugh said.

She explained that she spoke with her husband regularly about him going to Heaven before his death, which gave her comfort.

“Absolutely, yes. We talked about it all the time, and you may recall he always said practically every show that he thanked God for being able to wake up that day. And that’s really how he took it, one day at a time, and knew that it was God’s plan and we would go forward as we needed to. But he knew ultimately that he would return to Heaven and be greeted by everyone who’d gone before him,” Kathryn Limbaugh added.
Christian Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
Heartwarming.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2021, 09:02:13 pm »
Heartwarming.

I listened to the first hour and a half of the show on Monday. Had a problem with my eyes several times.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:09 pm »
Just cannot believe he's gone! 

Listening to some of today's segments was heart-wrenching.   He was the Eternal Optimist.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2021, 01:27:25 am »
Just cannot believe he's gone! 

Listening to some of today's segments was heart-wrenching.   He was the Eternal Optimist.

Feel the same way.