Author Topic: ‘I Didn’t Want Him To Do It, Mama. I Didn’t Like It’: ... Alleged Abuse By Woody Allen: Report  (Read 377 times)

Offline mountaineer

‘I Didn’t Want Him To Do It, Mama. I Didn’t Like It’: Video Shows Dylan Farrow Heard As A Child Speaking Of Alleged Abuse By Woody Allen: Report
By  Hank Berrien
Feb 16, 2021
In a never-before-seen 1992 home video, Dylan Farrow, the adopted daughter of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, is heard as a seven-year-old, telling her mother that Allen “touched her private parts,” telling her, “’Do not move, I have to do this.” The young girl then poignantly tells her mother, “I didn’t want him to do it, mama. I didn’t like it.”

The video is featured in a new four-part HBO documentary series about the Oscar-winning director titled “Allen v. Farrow” that premieres Sunday on HBO. The series will “feature recordings that Mia secretly made of her phone conversations with Allen, including one in which she tells him Dylan ‘is not alright’ after the alleged incident,” The Daily Mail reported. ...

“Family members describe how Dylan began locking herself in the bathroom whenever Allen would come over or pretended to be a dead animal so she couldn’t talk,” the Daily Mail reported.

“I remember sitting on the edge of his bed, light in the room, the satin sheets,” Dylan Farrow states. “There were clarinet reeds. I have memories of getting into bed with him. He was in his underwear; I’m in my underwear cuddling. I remember his breath on me. He would just wrap his body around me, very intimately.”

“I would suddenly walk in and there she would be in his bed with him in his underwear,” Mia Farrow alleges. “Sometimes he would also kneel in front of her or sit next to her and put his face in her lap which I caught a couple of times and I didn’t think that was right.” ...
Full story at Daily Wire

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Review: HBO’s devastating ‘Allen v. Farrow’ is a nail in the coffin of Woody Allen’s legacy
By Lorraine Ali
Television Critic, L.A. Times
Feb. 19, 2021 5 AM PT
Is Woody Allen’s career finally toast?

The question has been asked frequently in recent decades, both in response to a midcareer slump and, later, as the #MeToo movement brought new scrutiny to his marriage to Soon-Yi Previn and allegations that he abused Dylan Farrow, his daughter with actress Mia Farrow, when she was a child. For the most part, Hollywood promptly answered — with standing ovations, multiple Oscar nominations (and one win, in 2012, for writing “Midnight in Paris”) and a steady film-a-year pace.

But things might be about to change.

HBO’s powerful four-part series “Allen v. Farrow,” from investigative filmmakers Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering, is a comprehensive, convincing and ultimately devastating documentary that threatens to burn what’s left of his career and legacy to the ground. And Dylan, now 35, is here to tell her side of the story.

The filmmaker first faced the accusation that he’d sexually abused 7-year-old Dylan, whom he’d adopted as a baby with his longtime partner Mia, in 1992. As part of his public defense, Allen, who has repeatedly denied the allegation, admitted to having an “affair” with Soon-Yi, Mia’s adopted daughter from her previous marriage to composer André Previn.  ...

“Allen v. Farrow,” which premieres Sunday, goes beyond the scandalous headlines and makes a compelling argument that Allen got away with the unthinkable thanks to his fame, money and revered standing in the world of film — and that a little girl never received justice. The documentarians pored over years of custody trial evidence, home movies, recorded phone conversations, photo exhibits and more, piecing together a harrowing picture of Allen as an abuser and master manipulator and Dylan as his silenced, disbelieved victim. ...
Rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org