Author Topic: Ad sought ‘non Asian’ applicants for tech job in California. Company blames mixup  (Read 402 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Ad sought ‘non Asian’ applicants for tech job in California. Company blames mixup

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article249253265.html

A woman checking online job listings in California couldn’t believe it when she read one calling for “non Asian” applicants.

“My girlfriend found it and was so shocked and she sent it to me,” Stephen Li told KGO. He posted about the ad on LinkedIn from Aptude for a Menlo Park data analyst job. “I definitely wasn’t going to let it go unnoticed.”

The ad seeks someone familiar with several programming languages who is “non asian” and has “no visa issue” for the position, The Mercury News reported.
“Our investigation revealed that misunderstood communication was posted by an individual with no conceivable discriminatory intent,” the statement reads, according to The Mercury News. The company says it has taken steps to ensure the problem does not recur.

"Mix-up" my too-substantial ... . This company is basically a head-hunter that recruits contract consultants. Whoever composed and posted that ad knew very well that it was patently illegal, but snuck their bigotry into the ad anyway.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mikezpen

"Our investigation revealed that misunderstood communication was posted by an individual with no conceivable discriminatory intent”

What a laugh! They want a "non-Asian" but have "no conceivable discriminatory intent"???

How can that NOT be discriminatory?

Online cato potatoe

We can't agree on what the terms mean, because the culture has been deconstructed.  And let's face it, the people who have been using these terms for the last few decades are usually on the left side of the bell curve.  They aren't going to be careful.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
California, the same state that in 2020 tried to re-introduce racism in government hiring and college admissions, because there are too many asians in the UC system.

The company figured there wouldn't be any prosecutions for the blatantly illegal advertising.

HOWEVER....there's nothing morally wrong with a private firm posting such an ad, or with a private firm not working on government contracts from using any criteria they want for hiring, or for renting out living spaces, or for accepting customers.   It's called "freedom".
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mikezpen

Try saying you don't want people with felony records and your business would be wrecked inside of s month.