Author Topic: Kurt Schlichter: The Cons Are Alright  (Read 56 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kurt Schlichter: The Cons Are Alright
« on: February 15, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »
The Cons Are Alright
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 12:01 AM

BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: We cons will be fine and we’ll win in the end, but it’ll take time and hard fighting (Am I allowed to say “fighting” in the political struggle context anymore, or will stupid people wet themselves? Let’s find out!). Sure, I may be in the minority among conservatives by saying that. There’s a lot of fear out there, a lot of pessimism, and a lot of muttering about how we’re all doomed.

We’re not.

We’ll be fine, and not cartoon dog drinking coffee in a blazing room meme fine either.

Now, all righteous and cool people acknowledge that the best Who song (I finally saw them live thanks to frequent “Unredacted” podcast guest Drew Matich and it was amazing) is “Baba O’Reilly,” but discerning people understand that the second best anthem by this remarkable band is “The Kids Are Alright.” The lyrics describe a guy who’s changing – the old ways don’t fit, what worked before doesn’t work now, and he’s got to grow and move on, and it’s melancholy (despite the power pop glory of the music). Gee, can you think of any American political faction going through that right now?
CARTOONS | Tom Stiglich
View Cartoon

Hi, nice to meet you.

I used to subscribe to The Weekly Standard and National Review, and I still laugh at Cap’n Kristol running his creaky garbage scow into the iceberg that is Donald Trump. As for NR, it’s sad – you post-internet cons don’t dig it, but back in the day, Buckley’s baby was it. There was no other conservatism. When it came in the snail mail once every two weeks, you got your fix for another fortnight. Hell, in college, I once took a liberal chick to see WFB speak. 

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/02/15/the-cons-are-alright-n2584701
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34