Author Topic: Wanna buy a new half-ton truck for only 80 grand,plus?  (Read 218 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wanna buy a new half-ton truck for only 80 grand,plus?
« on: February 13, 2021, 01:42:39 pm »
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-ram-1500-trx-3/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-02-13

This auction still has 6 days to go,and has already bid up to 80 grand.

Who says there is a financial crisis?

I visit this auction site daily because it has the most varied selection of autos,trucks,and motorcycles I have ever seen,and because I love reading the viewers comments who have owned whatever is up for sale.

This one is mind-boggling,though. I have a hard time believing you can't go to any Dodge dealer in the country and special order one cheaper,and have no freaking idea why these people are bidding it up so high.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Re: Wanna buy a new half-ton truck for only 80 grand,plus?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:59:16 pm »
I'll wait for the electric version.

Source: Car and Driver

Just kidding. I may be in the market this year for a used, stripped-down small pickup, though. Something under $25K.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 08:09:02 pm »
I'll wait for the electric version.

Source: Car and Driver

Just kidding. I may be in the market this year for a used, stripped-down small pickup, though. Something under $25K.

@mountaineer

For 25K you should be able to buy a new one with a warranty that has ps,pb,ac,am-fm,cruise control,and electric doors and windows. I didn't pay much more than that for a crew cab 4x4 a couple of years ago.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 10:10:09 pm »
For 25K you should be able to buy a new one with a warranty that has ps,pb,ac,am-fm,cruise control,and electric doors and windows. I didn't pay much more than that for a crew cab 4x4 a couple of years ago.
I think I could - the most basic Ranger is around $25K. That may be the way to go. Just need something to throw kayaks in the back. First, I need to get some kayaks.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 12:36:26 am »
I think I could - the most basic Ranger is around $25K. That may be the way to go. Just need something to throw kayaks in the back. First, I need to get some kayaks.  :silly:

@mountaineer

You can get a basic Ranger for 20 grand,or you ain't trying.

Really loaded half-ton crew cab 4x4's are selling at 15 to 20 grand below sticker if you don't have a trade in and it's a straight-across deal.

I have heard there are some dealers still trying to sell last years's brand new truck,and that is something you might look into,also.