Author Topic: NBA Team Stops Playing National Anthem At Mark Cuban’s Direction  (Read 562 times)

rangerrebew

NBA Team Stops Playing National Anthem At Mark Cuban’s Direction

"It's the first instance we know of a pro sports team striking the U.S. anthem from the pre-game."
By  Amanda Prestigiacomo
•
Feb 10, 2021   DailyWire.com

At the direction of owner Mark Cuban, the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games this season and do not intend to play it for home games moving forward.

As noted by Tim Cato, who broke the story at The Athletic on Monday evening, the anthem-snub by the Mavericks is “the first instance we know of a pro sports team striking the U.S. anthem from the pre-game.”

Cuban confirmed to Cato that he was the one who decided the Mavs should pull the anthem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/mavericks-have-stopped-playing-national-anthem-at-mark-cubans-direction?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=021021-news&utm_campaign=position1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:35:25 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: NBA Team Stops Playing National Anthem At Mark Cuban’s Direction
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 03:20:58 pm »
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/02/11/nba-ended-issue-of-playing-the-anthem-but-the-result-of-mark-cubans-social-experiment-remains-to-be-seen/

Editor’s note: This story has been updated since it was originally published. Last updated 8:15 p.m. Wednesday.

To hear Mark Cuban explain it now, the national reaction he sparked, which began as a low rumble and quickly swelled to a detonation of debate, positive and negative, was his plan all along.

Mavericks owner Cuban’s decision not to play the Star-Spangled Banner before Dallas home games was, he says, a social experiment of sorts.

How soon would it be noticed? How would people react? The first answer came later than he expected, not until Dallas’ 12th home game. The reaction began Tuesday night and as the uproar neared its Wednesday crescendo the NBA issued a blunt statement.

“With NBA teams now in the process of welcoming fans back into their arenas, all teams will play the national anthem in keeping with longstanding league policy.”

Just like that, the issue was resolved. Cuban immediately said the Mavericks would comply and, sure enough, the Star-Spangled Banner was played before Dallas’ Wednesday night game against Atlanta at American Airlines Center.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 03:34:31 pm »
This is all counting down to a single conclusion.
It is only a matter of time until Democrats declare the American Flag to be a "hate symbol".
This has already happened in several neighborhoods and cities all around the country.
You can believe that the corrupted FBI and other agencies are looking specifically for an American Flag to identify what they call 'insurgents'. An 'insurgent' is any American who does not bow before the American Leftist Lords.

But yes, an American Flag is a sure sign that you need to be 'reeducated' by the enlightened priests of Leftism.
Apparently you just do not understand how evil America is...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 03:59:27 pm »
Thankfully, the very organized Mark Cuban has done us a favor, and lists all 170 businesses on one convenient website for your boycotting pleasure......

https://markcubancompanies.com
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:31:08 pm »
NBA?
What's that...?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 04:11:40 pm »
Mark Cuban is a dirt bag, I don't care how many billions he has.

What I find totally contemptible is the fact that all these stadiums, ballparks, arenas, etc were built and paid for by TAXPAYER DOLLARS, not these stinking money grubbing team owners, or the morons that get paid millions to play professional sports.  And as long as it is taxpayers funding their fields of operation, they damn well better play the national anthem and respect the flag.

I say end the squandering of taxpayer dollars.  Let these owners build their own arenas and ballparks.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 04:18:40 pm »

I say end the squandering of taxpayer dollars.  Let these owners build their own arenas and ballparks.

I agree 1000% percent.  Problem is, that these team owners hold the cities hostatge for building new venues under the threat of moving the team to another city.  This happens all the time, and the cites are in a catch 22, picking between paying the ransom vs. losing the tourism revenues a professional team brings to another city being played.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 06:37:06 pm »
Jason Whitlock, interviewed by Front Office Sports:
FOS: Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks stopped playing the U.S. national anthem this season before the NBA stepped in. Do you expect other teams and leagues to follow Cuban’s example?

JW: Sports are no longer a unifying, patriotic event. China, Nike and the NBA have won. I expect more teams to go down this path. Three years from now, more professional teams won’t play the national anthem than will.

Taking pride in America is now a polarizing act. I bet NBA players will stand for the Chinese national anthem when they’re in China doing the bidding of Nike and the shoe companies. The whole thing is sad. I can’t blame Mark Cuban for his decision. Forces bigger than him have perverted and corrupted American sports.

FOS: Trump famously feuded with the NFL, NBA, ESPN, Jemele Hill and pro athletes. Will President Joe Biden have a better relationship with the sports industry?

JW: Yes, President Biden will get along great with the sports leagues. They’re all on the same team. They all answer to the same overlords in Silicon Valley.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

More news about China's bestest friends in the U.S.A., the National Basketball Association:
NBA Relationship With China Again Drawing Questions From U.S. Senator
by Clint Lamb about 11 hours ago  updated about 2 hours ago   

The relationship between the NBA and China is a bit fishy. Everyone knows it, but hardly anyone says anything about it. There are some who are willing to ask the tough questions though.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) is one. On Thursday, she outlined her questions — or concerns — about the relationship between the NBA and China in a two-page letter that was sent to NBA commissioner Adam Silver.

A recent television agreement between the NBA and China Central Television (CCTV) seems to be the root of Blackburn’s concerns. There are plenty of other things she could question as well, but we’ll take it.

Blackburn says that China will censor any broadcast from CCTV that’s a threat to the Chinese Communist Party. She takes issue with the NBA looking to mend the relationship with the foreign nation in the midst of COVID-19 origin reports. ...
More at Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org