Author Topic: BREAKING: Los Angeles FAILS – They Can’t Pay  (Read 886 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Los Angeles FAILS – They Can’t Pay
« on: February 09, 2021, 07:14:10 pm »

BREAKING: Los Angeles FAILS – They Can’t Pay

(The Post Millennial) – Los Angeles city officials urged city administrators to defer payments until the next fiscal year as the city struggles to balance their budget, according to a report issued Friday.

The city’s top budget official, City Administrative Officer Rich Llewellyn, said his office asked each city department to prepare a list of contracts with payments due in the last three months of the fiscal year to determine which ones could be deferred, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Llewellyn emphasized in his report, “If a department believes that they cannot defer all or part of the payment, we asked them to justify the need to make the payment at this time.” Llewellyn’s 47-page report comes as city officials are looking for alternative measures to close the massive $750.7 million budget gap.

https://thepatriotwatchdog.com/breaking-los-angeles-fails-they-cant-pay/

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: BREAKING: Los Angeles FAILS – They Can’t Pay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:05:40 pm »
 :silly:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 08:15:53 pm »
:silly:

We won't be laughing after the fed bails them out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:49:32 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/to-get-through-its-budget-crisis-l-a-could-postpone-paying-some-of-its-bills

Faced with worsening budget crisis, L.A. looks to delay paying its bills

City Administrative Officer Rich Llewellyn, L.A.’s top budget official, revealed in a Friday report that he has asked each department to review all contracts due during the final quarter of 2020-21, to see which payments can be deferred to the next fiscal year, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"If a department believes that they cannot defer all or part of the payment, we asked them to justify the need to make the payment at this time," Llewellyn said, noting the fiscal year ends June 30, meaning all deferred payments would be made after July 1.

He said the city needs to know if any contracts prevent it from making deferred payments, accrue significant late fees or interest charges, or if a late payment would potentially harm a "local small business."

Llewellyn's 47-page report highlighted the city’s inability to cover this year’s expenses, leaving a $750 million budget gap.

Years, even decades, of foolish spendthriftery and driving businesses out are coming home to roost, with a boost from Goobernor Noisome's Covid shutdowns.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 09:57:50 pm »
@catfish1957  We're already doomed...$25 Trillion in debt?  Whats a few more billion to those clowns?...It's all going to come crashing down.  All we can do is prepare knowing what we know as we don't have our heads in the sand, unlike the libtards (with their heads up their a$$e$).
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 10:40:09 pm »

@catfish1957

And we know it's going to happen.

So does the mayor and his budget people. They were counting on this the day they started spending money they didn't have.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:41:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 10:42:15 pm »
@catfish1957

And we know it's going to happen.

So does the mayor and his budget people. They were counting on this the day they started spending money they didn't have.

It will be wrapped up inside the next COVID "relief" bill
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 04:24:34 pm »
LA County has already floated a proposal to pay for Corona related burials using FEMA $$$.

As someone posted on the page I read that at, "Someone's gotta pay."  And to wit, my reply was; "Why do I have to pay for a stranger's burial?"...boy, the responses to my "callousness" were epic.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 04:51:19 pm »
LA County has already floated a proposal to pay for Corona related burials using FEMA $$$.

As someone posted on the page I read that at, "Someone's gotta pay."  And to wit, my reply was; "Why do I have to pay for a stranger's burial?"...boy, the responses to my "callousness" were epic.

Don't worry about it.  I hear it all the time.  Just because I saved well, and watched my spending shouldn't mean I have to foot the bill for those who didn't.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 04:59:25 pm »
I'm sure I've posted this before, but I completely oppose the Feds bailing out spendthrift California cities, school districts, counties, and the State of California. Until the spendthrift "leaders" and those who voted for them experience the consequences of their moronicity a bail-out would just trigger another round of spendthrifting. If I hadn't moved out by then I'd experience the consequences too, but some realities aren't easily dodged.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 05:18:33 pm »
I'm sure I've posted this before, but I completely oppose the Feds bailing out spendthrift California cities, school districts, counties, and the State of California. Until the spendthrift "leaders" and those who voted for them experience the consequences of their moronicity a bail-out would just trigger another round of spendthrifting. If I hadn't moved out by then I'd experience the consequences too, but some realities aren't easily dodged.

@PeteS in CA

IMNSHO,the worse part about this is back in the 1950's California was the dream place most people wanted to move to.  Great weather,highly paid jobs from all the industries there except farming,cheap land,and clean air.

Then the Dims took over in the 1960's,and everything started going all to hell. Now nobody but the homeless want to move there,and people whose grandparents were born there want to move away.
by
What we have seen happen in California will be happening in the entire US by 2030 unless we managed to snatch control of our state and feral governments in the next election,and manage to keep it and change almost all the laws the Dims have enacted.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:37:52 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 06:27:20 pm »
Don't worry about it.  I hear it all the time.  Just because I saved well, and watched my spending shouldn't mean I have to foot the bill for those who didn't.
:beer:  Yep, I intentionally threw gas on the fire and used a similar comment as yours...the flames went even higher as now I'm a "callous and greedy SOB".   :yowsa:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 04:38:04 am »

I don't want to pay for a strangers burial either, but what really gets me is 'burial', really? Roast, toast and flush if there is no family willing to pay than go the cheapest way and dispose of the ashes. Why would the LA County taxpayers have to spend one cent extra to dispose of the remains?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 05:32:44 am »
I don't want to pay for a strangers burial either, but what really gets me is 'burial', really? Roast, toast and flush if there is no family willing to pay than go the cheapest way and dispose of the ashes. Why would the LA County taxpayers have to spend one cent extra to dispose of the remains?

@GtHawk

I am guessing because funeral directors there,like everywhere else,and connected at the hip with city council members,and can be counted on to round up votes come election day.

They also have contracts to bury the homeless.

EVER heard of a funeral house going bankrupt?

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 04:25:37 am »

It's unconstitutional.

It's up to the states to police their own cities and bail them out if they feel the city should be gifted that way.

But Sacramento doesn't have any money, either.   Too many free-needle programs.

But certainly the Republicans in the Senate should refuse cloture to any bill with any such nonsense in it.

...oh, that hurt, laughing so hard...
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 02:24:27 pm »
It's up to the states to police their own cities and bail them out if they feel the city should be gifted that way.

But Sacramento doesn't have any money, either.   Too many free-needle programs.

Sacto has been overspending and playing accounting games to cover it up for 2 or 3 decades. The perfect time to have a chance to avert the still impending consequences was to elect Tom McClintock Governor when Gray Davis was recalled. McClintock was a Budget Hawk thorn in the Ds' side. But the conservatives-hating Mo-o-o-o-o-o-oderates tickled Schwarzenegger's ego and we got the disastrous Ahhhhnold the RINO instead.