Author Topic: Texas GOP Chair Comes Out In Favor Of TEXIT Vote  (Read 273 times)

Online corbe

Texas GOP Chair Comes Out In Favor Of TEXIT Vote
« on: February 05, 2021, 06:26:22 pm »
Texas GOP Chair Comes Out In Favor Of TEXIT Vote

by TNM Staff
February 4, 2021

Lieutenant Colonel Allen West, Chairman of the Republican Party of Texas, took on the issue of a TEXIT referendum on the Chris Salcedo Show and expressed his support for the vote.

In the lead up to West’s remarks, Salcedo mentioned that there are several Democrat-led initiatives to add states to the union. Salcedo wanted West’s take on the TNM’s current push for putting the issue of Texas independence on the ballot.

West stated that while he has previously said that Texas should remain in the union, he understands why more Texans are ready to see Texas reassert its status as an independent.

“The people here in Texas have a right to voice their opinions on a critical issue that they’re facing right now,” West commented.

<..snip..>

https://tnm.me/news/political/texas-gop-chair-comes-out-in-favor-of-texit-vote
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Texas GOP Chair Comes Out In Favor Of TEXIT Vote
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 06:28:19 pm »
   Thank you Florida for this Jewel, we owe ya.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 06:49:34 pm »
You can put me down as very much in favor as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 06:52:04 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 07:18:20 pm »
   I am Hildago (Spanish Royalty).  When my Family first got to Texas in 1731, sure we paid lip service to the official sanctioned Church but our first Loyalty was to the Crown and because of that when Mexico took control they hated us.  With the subsequent invasion and take over by the yankees our culture was further marginalized. 
  Nothing would please me more than for Texas to be Texas again~The Lone Star.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 02:16:24 am »
Beginning of the Texas Constitution(I confess I have not read since civics class decades ago):

ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS
That the general, great and essential principles of liberty and free government
may be recognized and established, we declare:

Sec. 1. FREEDOM AND SOVEREIGNTY OF STATE. Texas is a free and
independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States, and
the maintenance of our free institutions and the perpetuity of the Union depend
upon the preservation of the right of local self-government, unimpaired to all
the States.

Sec. 2. INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF
GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free
governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The
faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican
form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times
the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner
as they may think expedient.

In its Constitution, Texas has declared itself a free and sovereign state, only subject to the US Constitution.

But that US Constitution must be followed by the federal government as those are the conditions upon which entry was made.  When it is not followed, Texas remains free to declare so as the agreement has been abrogated.

That us nullification, and remember the federal government is not a party to the US Constitution, only the states are.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington