Author Topic: 83% of Texas Republicans believe unfounded 2020 election fraud claims, poll finds  (Read 274 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Taylor Goldenstein, Austin Bureau 2/4/2021

A new University of Houston survey reveals the stark partisan divide among Texans on the issue of voter fraud in the November election.

The survey found that 87 percent of Democrats believe there was no widespread fraud, while 83 percent of Republicans believe there was — despite the lack of evidence to indicate that it occurred. Overall, 55 percent of Texans believed there was no widespread fraud.

“While a sizable number of Texans believe that voter fraud occurred last November, a majority of Texans don’t agree,” said Kirk P. Watson, founding dean of the university’s Hobby School of Public Affairs and a former Democratic state senator. “We can and should build on that foundation of trust in our elections through education and potential reforms that protect election integrity without resulting in voter suppression.”

The survey was conducted online in English and Spanish among Texans 18 and older Jan. 12-20, with 1,329 YouGov respondents. It had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.7 percent.

The data aligns with national survey data that shows that many in the Republican Party have doubts about the integrity of the election.

“Even though there have been multiple audits, recounts and dozens of court cases dismissed, many Republicans insist the election was compromised,” said Renée Cross, senior director of the Hobby School.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/83-of-Texas-Republicans-believe-2020-election-15924557.php

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
83% of Texas Republicans believe unfounded 2020 election fraud claims, poll finds

Nothing like 'unbiased' news reporting. Right?

90% of people polled believe the unfounded idea that Joe Biden has symptoms of dementia
95% of Americans stupidly believe that Kamala was never considered, and never identified as, an American Black person before the election

They know that most people only read the headlines, so they spoon-feed them their opinion right upfront without having to read the article.
That way they get their talking point in, without having to bother to actually read anything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Unfounded my @$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

"Unfounded" LOL

They are desperate.

After 40 million dollars, twenty prosecutors, dozens of subpoenas, two years and not one charge I never once heard anyone in the rat media refer to the Russia Hoax as "unfounded".
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:20:55 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Unfounded?

LMAO...  This is the same Houston Comical that called on Cruz to resign a few weeks ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MajorClay

Boy, we must all be stupid.

Offline skeeter

Boy, we must all be stupid.

After today's Times piece I guess we can all start calling these theories "founded".