Author Topic: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?  (Read 3271 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2021, 01:55:07 pm »
Since it's a States issue, I don't want the Feds dictating elections.  I want other states to do what they have to, but in the final analysis I can only do something about AZ.  I cannot allow my inability to fix the other 49 to depress me to the point I can't do it for AZ.

That's what you're missing....
We can fix it here.  And half the states will follow us.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 05:18:07 am »
Cyber wrote:
"That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.
This is a States' issue."

It will only remain "a States' issue" until the marxist Congress passes a new national election law that codifies all their "reforms".

With the passage of same, the red states' laws will be superseded, and with them, any effort to still maintain meaningful "elections".

They may nuke the filibuster to get this one through...
IIRC, those guidelines were set as the purview of the State Legislatures by the Constitution. Sure, they'll likely find some way around that, but that won't make it Constitutional.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2021, 02:37:13 pm »
Smokin Joe wrote:
"IIRC, those guidelines were set as the purview of the State Legislatures by the Constitution. Sure, they'll likely find some way around that, but that won't make it Constitutional."

Hold on, Joe.
What about the "Voting Rights Act" passed back in 64 or 65?
Is that "Constitutional"?
Does it over-rule and preempt states' laws, or does it not...?

For years on this board, I've been posting that the Voting Rights Act -and- the Civil Rights Act were two of the worst laws ever passed by Congress.
You're soon going to find out WHY...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2021, 02:37:28 am »
Smokin Joe wrote:
"IIRC, those guidelines were set as the purview of the State Legislatures by the Constitution. Sure, they'll likely find some way around that, but that won't make it Constitutional."

Hold on, Joe.

For years on this board, I've been posting that the Voting Rights Act -and- the Civil Rights Act were two of the worst laws ever passed by Congress.
Any time the Feral Government starts "giving" people "Rights" they are giving someone a privilege the rest do not get, singling them out for special treatment.

No one ever gets more Rights from such, as it isn't up to the Government to give or take unalienable Rights in the first place. They exist. All it can do is to stop Government from infringing those Rights.

As for voting, the Constitution clearly states that the rules around voting are the purview of the State Legislatures, exclusively. Further codifying a Right included under the Ninth Amendment might only clarify that the right to vote is included in that (for Citizens), and establish constraints on the constraints imposed by law, but does not extend that authority to make those rules to any other agency., including the Federal Government.

The Federal Government has no Constitutional authority to extend those Rights beyond the authority of the Constitution (i.e. to illegals), any more than it has the authority to remove those Rights from Citizens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2021, 03:50:41 pm »
They voted for it, let 'em freeze.

They'll miss global warming when the coal plants are shut down.

But they'll still vote for the Rodents "saving" them.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2021, 03:56:43 pm »
That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.

This is a States' issue.

The states have proven they cannot be trusted to hold honest elections.

What is necessary is a Constitutional Amendment authorizing Congress to establish a uniform standard for federal elections.   

Ain't gonna happen.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2021, 03:59:51 pm »
Joe wrote:
"We have not had a real 2 party system since Bush 1, maybe even before that."

We had something akin to one from January 20, 2017 until January 20, 2021.

The "party" membership may have been quite small, but for a time it was a true "2nd party" and actually behaved like one.

By two party you mean the Rodents and RINOs on one side, and one man, president Trump, on the other.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2021, 04:07:29 pm »
Smokin Joe wrote:

Hold on, Joe.

Those laws were Constitutional to the point where they enforced the various Constitutional Amendments regarding voting and federal hiring, and otherwise, no.

The Congress has no authority to dictate to a private business who they hire and who they do business with.

That's as true for cake bakeries in Colorado in 2012 as it was for lunch counters in Selma in the 1950's.   This is covered by the 13th Amendment.   Think about it.

As for voting, the Constitution now permits idiots as young as 18 to vote, it permits females to vote, it forbids voting discrimination based on race.

The Rodents want to reduce the voting age to 16, 14, 3....I've seen them say that.   The voting age should be 25 or even older.   Keep the overgrown children still under education away from the levers of power.

Is it coincidence that the start of female suffrage coincided with the beginning of the decline of US society?  Or was it the murder of the Republic by the 17th Amendment, the granting of first dibs on payroll to the federal government by the 16th amendment, or the Prohibition Overreach of the 18th Amendment that started the toboggan ride?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 04:10:59 pm »

The states have proven they cannot be trusted to hold honest elections.

What is necessary is a Constitutional Amendment authorizing Congress to establish a uniform standard for federal elections.   

Ain't gonna happen.

Consider the alternative:  The Rats get their wish to Nationalize all elections, and everybody gets to enjoy California style voting.  Is that what you want?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2021, 09:33:28 pm »
Sled Dog (who is relatively new around here) writes:
"Is it coincidence that the start of female suffrage coincided with the beginning of the decline of US society?"

You are absolutely right with your observation that as soon as women gained the power to vote, society began driftin' downgrade.

I am on record here as stating that women should not have the right to vote*. And I don't care what others think about that.

* Exceptions that might be permitted would be married women, and single women who are serving in the armed forces, or who have honorably completed such service.

Offline thackney

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 12:44:25 am »
I am on record here as stating that women should not have the right to vote*. And I don't care what others think about that.

* Exceptions that might be permitted would be married women, and single women who are serving in the armed forces, or who have honorably completed such service.

Wow
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2021, 01:01:46 am »
Consider the alternative:  The Rats get their wish to Nationalize all elections, and everybody gets to enjoy California style voting.  Is that what you want?

Wow.

Someone who's been in a coma since Halloween.

The nation HAS Rodent-style voting now.

So far in Trump's second term, some old senile geezer has been signing so many Executive Orders that they're thinking of using the autopen.   Because, you know, that's how voting is already done in California.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2021, 01:04:28 am »
Sled Dog (who is relatively new around here) writes:
"Is it coincidence that the start of female suffrage coincided with the beginning of the decline of US society?"

You are absolutely right with your observation that as soon as women gained the power to vote, society began driftin' downgrade.

It's a little more basic than that.

Men work for a living, and if they don't, they get hungry.   

Women find men to marry them so they can be fed.

Now, thanks to the 19th Amendment, women have been marrying the government, and like a disgusting pig of a husband, the government is giving the women what they want only if the government gets what it wants from the women.   

So most women of loose morals vote as their little prostitute hearts tell them will get them the best paycheck.

As predictable as the frozen windmills of Texas.

That description is a trifle bald, but covers the essential points.   That Rapist the Rodents installed with the connivance of Perot, you know, the draft dodger?   Never in a million years could he have been elected without the Sucker Moms, especially the single/divorced ones who still need a man in their lives, Uncle Sam if not their sperm donors, to get by.

The Prostitute Wing of the suffragettes....they're too stupid to avoid getting themselves pregnant, so they demand the Rodents protect their non-existent right to murder their own children, and this is the strongest fattest plank in the Rodent Platform, every election year.   Everyone else is expected to pay for the operations to clean these ignorant sluts out when they get knocked up.

Abortion, however, is still murder, and it's never been a right.   The Hippocratic Oath forbids doctors from performing abortions or giving drugs to do the same.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:10:15 am by Sled Dog »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2021, 01:26:25 am »

Wow.

Someone who's been in a coma since Halloween.

The nation HAS Rodent-style voting now.

So far in Trump's second term, some old senile geezer has been signing so many Executive Orders that they're thinking of using the autopen.   Because, you know, that's how voting is already done in California.

No, other states do not do balloting like California already.  That's hyperbole.  Some states attempted to do it illegally.

What is not hyperbole is Pelosi wants to force all states do their balloting like CA, complete with millions of unrequested ballots that can be dropped off en masse.

You will not generally find me in a coma, @Sled Dog.  Try another pejorative next time, so I can be entertained properly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »
The Congress has no authority to dictate to a private business who they hire and who they do business with.

That's as true for cake bakeries in Colorado in 2012 as it was for lunch counters in Selma in the 1950's.   This is covered by the 13th Amendment.   Think about it.

The 2012 Colorado bakery case is not the same as the 1960 Greensboro lunch counter case.  The bakery case is not customer-based.  It involves a State forcing a vendor to create and sell an item it never offered to sell.  The lunch counter case deals with a State providing law enforcement support to a vendor that discriminate against individuals based solely on race, and thus abridging the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States, depriving them of life, and liberty without due process of law, and denying them equal protection under the law. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2021, 05:51:11 pm »

Can't get on board with that.  But I can definitely support forfeiture of voting rights for anyone and everyone getting a check from the government.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2021, 05:54:49 pm »
Can't get on board with that.  But I can definitely support forfeiture of voting rights for anyone and everyone getting a check from the government.

You mean like Social Security checks?
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 06:00:25 pm »
You mean like Social Security checks?

Yes, including Social Security checks.  (Of course Social Security checks shouldn't be coming from the government in the first place.  They should be coming from your government-mandated retirement fund.  But that's a different argument.)

You have two options.  Either you exercise your vote, or you accept money from the government.  People collecting food stamps or on government payroll shouldn't be empowered to vote for things that directly benefit them.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 06:12:52 pm »
Yes, including Social Security checks.  (Of course Social Security checks shouldn't be coming from the government in the first place.  They should be coming from your government-mandated retirement fund.  But that's a different argument.)

You have two options.  Either you exercise your vote, or you accept money from the government.  People collecting food stamps or on government payroll shouldn't be empowered to vote for things that directly benefit them.

When you have no choice to pay into Social Security, this is not acceptable.  Only the rich would get to afford to pay in, not receive payment, and still vote.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2021, 06:15:57 pm »
Considering much of New England can be 20-30 degrees colder than what Texas is right now, you'd think this would be a free wake up call.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2021, 06:52:18 pm »
Considering much of New England can be 20-30 degrees colder than what Texas is right now, you'd think this would be a free wake up call.

Not really.  This is same problem with energy production as with our homes in the south.  The electric power generations can be built for this cold, regardless if wind turbine, nat gas or coal.  Same with the gas wells and gas plants.  It just takes more cost.  All this stuff still works in Canada below our Texas freezing temperatures.  But it cost more to build.

Just like with our homes and plumbing, we usually won't justify the cost for something that rarely happens.  And for Texas, it very rarely happens to the whole state at the same time.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2021, 07:05:14 pm »
Not really.  This is same problem with energy production as with our homes in the south.  The electric power generations can be built for this cold, regardless if wind turbine, nat gas or coal.  Same with the gas wells and gas plants.  It just takes more cost.  All this stuff still works in Canada below our Texas freezing temperatures.  But it cost more to build.

Just like with our homes and plumbing, we usually won't justify the cost for something that rarely happens.  And for Texas, it very rarely happens to the whole state at the same time.

I think you missed my point. New England is not immune to historic cold.  Considering their increasing hatred of fossil fuels, I think it is very timely for them to realize how poor decison around how you manage your electrical grid can adversely  impact the population.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2021, 07:32:42 pm »

I'm with @thackney.  SS was a forced "investment" that many did not want.  I'm with you on the others, though.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2021, 07:35:23 pm »
I think you missed my point. New England is not immune to historic cold.  Considering their increasing hatred of fossil fuels, I think it is very timely for them to realize how poor decison around how you manage your electrical grid can adversely  impact the population.

I guess I am still not understanding your point.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2021, 04:09:14 am »
No, other states do not do balloting like California already.  That's hyperbole.  Some states attempted to do it illegally.

What is not hyperbole is Pelosi wants to force all states do their balloting like CA, complete with millions of unrequested ballots that can be dropped off en masse.

You will not generally find me in a coma, @Sled Dog.  Try another pejorative next time, so I can be entertained properly.

None of that matters.

Enough of the Rodent states colluded to steal the election, so for all intents and purposes the Rodent style of voting seen in California is the de facto norm for the entire country.

What's needed is a Constitutional Amendment federalizing election rules so that only citizens over (should be 25) can vote, provided they show a valid ID showing address and biometric validation presented at the polling PLACE, in person, and the voter MUST accept a temporary ink-stain on their hand to prevent repeat voting before the ballot can be counted.  etc, etc, etc. 

Otherwise you can count on California style election chicanery to become the permanent rule for elections henceforth.

But, back to the OP:

All of the New England states voted for the Usurper, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't freeze to death in the dark.

Do you?