Author Topic: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?
« on: February 05, 2021, 12:07:11 pm »
Not a Lot of People Know That By Paul Homewood 2/5/2021

As New England struggles through its latest winter storm, let’s look at the energy situation there:

Over the last two weeks, natural gas and coal have consistently been supplying around half of New England’s electricity, with nuclear providing most of the rest.

Wind power is currently at 0.4%, while solar power hardly appears at all.

More: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2021/02/05/what-will-new-england-do-without-fossil-fuels-joe/#more-48931
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:15:58 pm by Elderberry »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:36:58 pm »
Let the peasants starve in the cold while the Kerrys of the world continue to enjoy oil and gas while they jetset around.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 01:54:52 pm »
Let the peasants starve in the cold while the Kerrys of the world continue to enjoy oil and gas while they jetset around.

Agreed.   This climate change madness is, simply put, an assault on the poor.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:26:28 pm »
They voted for it, let 'em freeze.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 03:42:43 pm »
There was a pipeline to go in 2012 ish... of course that is the epicenter of the climate change hysteria, and a lot of people I knew voted against it. I tried explaining to people that blocking the pipelinew ould lead to more traffic, more pollution etc. not to mention higher prices, shortages. The pipeline went down in flames anyway.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 04:04:43 pm »
Let them freeze in the dark.  (Sorry, @Weird Tolkienish Figure.   :crying: )
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 04:36:49 pm »
Let them freeze in the dark.  (Sorry, @Weird Tolkienish Figure.   :crying: )

I'll be fine, i heat with wood pellets, heat pump, and can use a generator if needed.

People not as fortunate as me will have a hard time affording heating. Also the lack of pipeline will increase pollution and traffic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 04:58:05 pm »
I'll be fine, i heat with wood pellets, heat pump, and can use a generator if needed.

People not as fortunate as me will have a hard time affording heating. Also the lack of pipeline will increase pollution and traffic.

Conservatives tend to be better prepared, it's our natural state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 05:05:11 pm »
What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?

Continue to vote Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 09:47:05 pm »
dfw wrote:
"They voted for it, let 'em freeze."

Not everyone here voted for it.

Here in Connecticut, both Litchfield and Tolland counties voted for Mr. Trump in both 2016 and again in 2020.

There's the single congressional district in Maine that I believe voted for Mr. Trump both times, as well.

There's a good chunk of New Hampshire that remains Republican.

As for Vermont, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island... well... they're hopelessly blue.
They'll never come back.
Even as they're sitting there freezing in the dark, it will remain "Trump's fault".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 10:17:46 pm »
dfw wrote:
"They voted for it, let 'em freeze."

Not everyone here voted for it.

Here in Connecticut, both Litchfield and Tolland counties voted for Mr. Trump in both 2016 and again in 2020.

There's the single congressional district in Maine that I believe voted for Mr. Trump both times, as well.

There's a good chunk of New Hampshire that remains Republican.

As for Vermont, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island... well... they're hopelessly blue.
They'll never come back.
Even as they're sitting there freezing in the dark, it will remain "Trump's fault".

How do you feel about being a hostage?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 07:39:02 am »
Well, they could always burn those trees that turn colors so nicely every year. Failing that, furniture, railings, business districts, police cars, whatever is handy. Ogg knew fire makes cave warm. I reckon some folks will just have to reinvent the wheel...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 03:01:13 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"How do you feel about being a hostage?"

Not that great. Can't hide that.

But hey...
... Who "won" the election in YOUR state...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 03:12:24 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"How do you feel about being a hostage?"

Not that great. Can't hide that.

But hey...
... Who "won" the election in YOUR state...?

It doesn't matter anymore.  What does matter is the state is still technically in the Republicans' hands, so my charge is to get them to do something about the 2020 election.  There are several statewide elections in 2022, and that's what I'm focused on at the moment.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 03:17:24 pm »
It doesn't matter anymore.  What does matter is the state is still technically in the Republicans' hands, so my charge is to get them to do something about the 2020 election.  There are several statewide elections in 2022, and that's what I'm focused on at the moment.

I commend you for your efforts.  My question though is, how can we expect a fair election in 2022?  What has changed or will change?  If anything I forsee the DEMS changing election rules in the next couple of years as well as changing the redistricting to their benefit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 03:33:45 pm »
I commend you for your efforts.  My question though is, how can we expect a fair election in 2022?  What has changed or will change?  If anything I forsee the DEMS changing election rules in the next couple of years as well as changing the redistricting to their benefit.

That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.

This is a States' issue.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 03:49:33 pm »
That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.

This is a States' issue.

Yes each state has their own election laws I get that. With that being said, you're not going to change how liberal states conduct their elections and ultimately the FEDS have jurisdiction. With the DEMS in full control, I'm not seeing how elections are going to be repaired. They also promised to change the electoral process.  So, I'm not seeing a way forward to fair elections.  What am I missing?  I am truly not understanding @Cyber Liberty

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 03:58:28 pm »
Yes each state has their own election laws I get that. With that being said, you're not going to change how liberal states conduct their elections and ultimately the FEDS have jurisdiction. With the DEMS in full control, I'm not seeing how elections are going to be repaired. They also promised to change the electoral process.  So, I'm not seeing a way forward to fair elections.  What am I missing?  I am truly not understanding @Cyber Liberty

Since it's a States issue, I don't want the Feds dictating elections.  I want other states to do what they have to, but in the final analysis I can only do something about AZ.  I cannot allow my inability to fix the other 49 to depress me to the point I can't do it for AZ.

That's what you're missing....
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 04:38:39 pm »
Since it's a States issue, I don't want the Feds dictating elections.  I want other states to do what they have to, but in the final analysis I can only do something about AZ.  I cannot allow my inability to fix the other 49 to depress me to the point I can't do it for AZ.

I am not so much depressed about Trump not winning the election as I am knowing that our AG thumbed his nose at us and that our SCOTUS couldn't be bothered.  We lost our Republic.

IMHO unless the ballot box is repaired in ALL states, we will never see a fair election. I'm trying to see a glimmer of hope and at this point I don't.  I wish my health was such that I could strive to change things locally, but that's not the case.  So ... enough said. I thank you for what you are doing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 05:35:06 pm »

Word.  There is no federally guaranteed right to vote in Presidential elections.  It's up to the States.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 09:59:03 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.
This is a States' issue."

It will only remain "a States' issue" until the marxist Congress passes a new national election law that codifies all their "reforms".

With the passage of same, the red states' laws will be superseded, and with them, any effort to still maintain meaningful "elections".

They may nuke the filibuster to get this one through...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 10:14:33 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"That's the first order of business:  Repair the elections, because of course if we don't do that, then we'll never win.
This is a States' issue."

It will only remain "a States' issue" until the marxist Congress passes a new national election law that codifies all their "reforms".

With the passage of same, the red states' laws will be superseded, and with them, any effort to still maintain meaningful "elections".

They may nuke the filibuster to get this one through...

States have to follow federal election law guidelines.  I feel you are right @Fishrrman the left will do whatever they please in order to win.  Ultimately I don't see that we have a two party system any longer.

The leftists have already stated when Hillary lost that they would change the electoral process and I have no doubt that they will. 

Who is going to stop them?  Even when we had a full majority in ALL houses because of McConnell and Ryan, the left still got away with what they wanted.  No one stopped them.  Too many RINO's.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 10:21:16 pm »
Ultimately I don't see that we have a two party system any longer.

We have not had a real 2 party system since Bush 1, maybe even before that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 01:22:26 am »
Freeze?

Not that I give a damn. They are all solid Dim states,and anybody that stupid deserves to freeze to death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 02:22:22 am »
Joe wrote:
"We have not had a real 2 party system since Bush 1, maybe even before that."

We had something akin to one from January 20, 2017 until January 20, 2021.

The "party" membership may have been quite small, but for a time it was a true "2nd party" and actually behaved like one.