Author Topic: DOJ may use mafia-inspired RICO charges against protesters who stormed US Capitol  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Laura Widener   February 03, 2021

Report: DOJ may use mafia-inspired RICO charges against protesters who stormed US Capitol

The U.S. Department of Justice may be using a law intended for the mafia to charge rioters involved in the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol, according to a new report on Wednesday.

The DOJ may use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) which combats organized crimes with large penalties, such as prison time up to 20 years, Reuters reported, citing two law enforcement sources – one currently working in the administration and one recently separated from the federal government.

The sources said the decision to use RICO is currently under consideration in the DOJ.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/02/report-doj-may-use-mafia-inspired-rico-charges-against-protesters-who-stormed-us-capitol/

Offline mortarman

An' they don't see fit to use the same laws against the Sturmabtielung?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline LegalAmerican

No STORMING OF CAPITOL.  Doors were opened by congress people and Capitol Police.  ONLY ANTIFA/BLM...did any damage.

PAID PROTESTERS....paid $35.00 dollars an hour.  Told to wear TRUMP GEAR. 

ANTIFA/BLM...were inside, about half hour,  before POTUS TRUMP...EVEN  FINISHED HIS SPEECH.  Stop listening to MAIN STREAM MEDIA.  No Trump patriot did any damage. 

Offline LegalAmerican

What DOJ?  biden communist doj ? 

Offline LegalAmerican

An' they don't see fit to use the same laws against the Sturmabtielung?

:pop41:

No storming, no breaching.....doors were opened by congress members and Capitol Police.  IT IS THE PEOPLE'S HOUSE....NOT CONGRESS HOUSE.  Is das deutch?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wish I could find a statistic of how many DOJ hours have been spent on this, versus that on the hundreds and hundreds of hours of rioting by BLM and Antifa.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The racketeers aren't the people who walked in, they are in Congress.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

The racketeers aren't the people who walked in, they are in Congress.

Bingo!    9999hair out0000

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
So what kind of evidence have they prepared in advance to hide the fact that these intruders were (b)LM and Aunty Fa?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So what kind of evidence have they prepared in advance to hide the fact that these intruders were (b)LM and Aunty Fa?
:silly:

"Sources say"....(NYT, WaPo,,,Fecebook....Twitter....) which have been doing a bang-up job hiding anything and everything Herrs Goebbels Zuckerberg, Bezos, and others don't want said.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Apparently, these DOJ people never watched Law & Order. Jack McCoy trotted out RICO charges at the drop of a hat. Didn't even need a reason. :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Slide Rule

Bet that is going to piss off the Mob.  The Mob prefers special treatment.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote