Author Topic: Long Beach Democrats Mandate 'Hero Pay' Wage Increase, Which Promptly Forces Two Grocery Stores to C  (Read 459 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Long Beach Democrats Mandate 'Hero Pay' Wage Increase, Which Promptly Forces Two Grocery Stores to Close

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2021/02/03/long-beach-democrats-mandate-hero-pay-wage-increase-which-promptly-forces-two-grocery-stores-to-close-n1422791

The Long Beach City Council mandated a pay raise for frontline workers such as grocery store employees. Seems like a fine idea to give people raises if the numbers work out, but they seldom do and the Long Beach City Council didn’t even bother to check — and ordering private companies to increase wages isn’t even its job.

Neither is abdicating the hard work of governing, which should entail telling people “No” to their worst ideas. But it’s what we’ve got wherever Democrats have power now.

Result in this case: two closed Krogers (a Ralph's and a Food 4 Less). Now people profess “shock” at the real-world consequences of dumb politicians doing dumb things.

I wonder whether any other stores will do similarly or cut their labor costs in other ways.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder whether any other stores will do similarly or cut their labor costs in other ways.

As sure as the sun rising in the East.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

They will have no other choice.  Unlike governments, businesses must keep honest books and cannot simply decree that they will have more money.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

The authoritarian elite, rather than learn the obvious lesson of what comes from their monkeying around with the market, will simply pass a law making it illegal to close.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The authoritarian elite, rather than learn the obvious lesson of what comes from their monkeying around with the market, will simply pass a law making it illegal to close.

We're moving into Atlas Shrugs, to be followed by 1984.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
We're moving into Atlas Shrugs, to be followed by 1984.

Oh, we're definitely into 1984.  That was an instruction manual, after all.

Atlas Shrugged is not going to be allowed, slaves are property and cannot quit.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, we're definitely into 1984.  That was an instruction manual, after all.

Atlas Shrugged is not going to be allowed, slaves are property and cannot quit.

A major part of Ayn Rand's story is the machinations of the State to maintain an ever-tightening grip on the population.  That is the stage we are in right now, and if we fail to go Galt, Orwell's story is teed up and ready to go. 

Of course the left will try to prevent that, it's their job.  Their success is not a forgone conclusion.  It's not time to give up.
I will NOT comply.