Author Topic: Investigators recommend no charges for US Capitol Police officer accused of killing pro-Trump rioter  (Read 648 times)

Offline Hoodat

Investigators recommend no charges for US Capitol Police officer accused of killing pro-Trump rioter during insurrection

Evan Perez and Paul LeBlanc, CNN   |   Updated 7:58 PM ET, Mon February 1, 2021

Investigators have recommended that prosecutors decline to bring charges against a US Capitol Police officer in the shooting of a pro-Trump rioter who was killed during the insurrection, according to people familiar with the matter.

The shooting of pro-Trump rioter, Ashli Babbitt, remains under investigation by the DC Metropolitan Police, the US Attorney's Office in Washington, DC, and civil rights prosecutors, a routine process for shootings involving the Capitol Police. A final decision hasn't been made, the people familiar with the probe told CNN.
Justice Department officials could make a final decision in the coming days.  .  .  .

.  .  .  A CNN review of Babbitt's social media accounts determined Babbitt frequently voiced support for Trump and other Republican figures on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/politics/us-capitol-police-shooting-insurrection/index.html

Voicing support for Trump justified her murder.  And no, the Capital Police still won't release the name of the shooter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Investigators recommend no charges for US Capitol Police officer accused of killing pro-Trump rioter during insurrection

Evan Perez and Paul LeBlanc, CNN   |   Updated 7:58 PM ET, Mon February 1, 2021

Investigators have recommended that prosecutors decline to bring charges against a US Capitol Police officer in the shooting of a pro-Trump rioter who was killed during the insurrection, according to people familiar with the matter.

The shooting of pro-Trump rioter, Ashli Babbitt, remains under investigation by the DC Metropolitan Police, the US Attorney's Office in Washington, DC, and civil rights prosecutors, a routine process for shootings involving the Capitol Police. A final decision hasn't been made, the people familiar with the probe told CNN.
Justice Department officials could make a final decision in the coming days.  .  .  .

.  .  .  A CNN review of Babbitt's social media accounts determined Babbitt frequently voiced support for Trump and other Republican figures on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/politics/us-capitol-police-shooting-insurrection/index.html

Voicing support for Trump justified her murder.  And no, the Capital Police still won't release the name of the shooter.

**nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Correct me if I'm wrong:

* She was unarmed;

* Furniture was stacked against the wall/window onto which she would have landed, making her easy to apprehend;

* If not apprehended she would have been a threat to no one as no one expect police were nearby;

* The shooter was off to the side, almost in ambush.

I'm not saying this was Murder, but I think it was a bad shoot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And there will be no "Mostly Peaceful" riots over this turn of events.  As we have seen all too often WLDM.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It was a premeditated homicide and needs to be treated as much.

There is absolutely no justice in this country if that officer is not indicted for homicide while those who had to restrain Floyd George get a murder conviction.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:57:30 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Of course not. No charges for shooting an unarmed woman who posed no threat.

But the cop who restrained George Floyd while he died from taking enough Fentanyl to kill three men? First degree murder.

It would've gone a long way towards reassuring a great many millions of people that our system isn't totally corrupt to have applied the law equally in this case. But I guess thats just too much to ask of the Deep State.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:48:59 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Voicing support for Trump justified her murder.  And no, the Capital Police still won't release the name of the shooter."

Do a search with the following string:
babbitt shooter bailey

See what results you get.

Offline verga

I generally come down on the side of the police, but not this time.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.