Author Topic: Today's Toons 2/1/21  (Read 4010 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 2/1/21
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:06:19 am »

Click for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter C:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey aired an ominous post Thursday in which he said the canceling of Trump from Twitter was just the beginning. He forecast a larger operation in clearing the platform of rogue commentators. Twitter even banned Vin Scully last year for claiming second base was stolen.

Nancy Pelosi stood up in Congress Wednesday and labeled Trump a clear and present danger and called for his impeachment. Earlier, Nancy appointed a Democratic congressman who used to bang a Chinese spy to be the Trump Impeachment Manager. This is why we can't have nice things.

Texas State Attorney General Ken Paxton announced Wednesday he has arrested a Texas Democrat for voter fraud in the 2020 election. The reaction was instantaneous. The Attorney General has been kicked off Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and his bank accounts are now frozen.

The House Democrats impeached the president a second time Wednesday but it also produced the first backfire in the media world. It was announced that CNN will no longer be seen in airport lounges in the country. It made passengers nervous to see something that keeps crashing and burning.

Joe Biden and his family moving into the White House Wednesday will present the American people and the media with an entirely new and different look. For instance, for the first time in history, the White House will be home to a shelter dog. He was rescued from a basement in Delaware.

Joe Biden in his Inaugural speech will urge America to unite now that the election is over. It's a time for good sportsmanship. So I congratulate Joe Biden for winning the election and Lance Armstrong for his victory in the Tour de France and Lori Loughlin for getting her daughter into USC.

Joe Biden will take the oath of office at twelve noon today administered by Chief Justice John Roberts under heavy National Guard presence. After Joe's speech comes the spin. Democrats will claim that despite the pandemic, over thirty thousand men and women came to witness the Inaugural.

The U.S. Capitol is rife with tension for Biden's Inauguration ceremony today. National Guard units will try to keep things calm. Here in L.A., Hollywood, Westwood Forest Lawn and Hillcrest cemeteries have installed big screens all over the graveyards so Biden supporters can enjoy his speech.

Mexican TV aired footage of Guatemalan refugees staging violent riots at the Mexican border Monday who demand entry. The rioters insist on passageway to the U.S. through Mexico, saying Biden promised to open the U.S. border. Does this mean Biden could be impeached for inciting a riot?

President Biden's inauguration Wednesday enjoyed real drama during the oath of office. The nation held its breath. The moment Chief Justice Roberts addressed the new president and said, I, Joe Biden, millions of Americans were riveted to the TV to see if Joe would reply, No, I'M Joe Biden!

Joe Biden's inaugural shows the precarious nature of today's American republic. We've gone nuts. I don't want to say Americans are fickle, but what does it say when a guy who attracted more voters than anyone else in history two months ago, has to draft 30,000 troops to protect him from them?

Donald Trump posted a farewell video listing the many accomplishments of his presidency on Tuesday before he gave a final speech at Andrews Air Force Base the next morning and flew home to Florida. Joe Biden's election still doesn't make any sense to me. Even Covid chose Trump over Biden.

Donald Trump arrived in Florida aboard Air Force One just before noon on Wednesday, just as his four-year term of office was expiring. It was very difficult legally to get Trump to leave the White House. The Democrats had forgotten about the eviction moratorium they passed last March.

Katie Couric said on her show that conservatives need to go through political de-programming now. It's already started in show business. I got kicked out of political re-education camp Monday after I stood before the class and recited that cows say moo, cats say meow and sheep say wear a mask.

Joe Biden's Inaugural Address Wednesday drew raves from the press but the popular reaction was a big yawn. He doesn't enter office riding a wave of popularity. The only way they were able to get more than a thousand people to attend Biden's inauguration was to call in the National Guard.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Oceander)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 2/1/21
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 01:04:05 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 03:03:37 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 03:09:44 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 06:43:54 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 06:45:50 pm »

Offline Sarge

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 09:55:49 pm »
Thanks Pookie!
RIP Chopper 5-7-13 to 1-19-16
Hail 새 새끼  2-25-2020 - Present

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 10:14:09 pm »
Thanks Pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Sarge!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 05:09:24 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 10:41:42 am »
Thanks, pookie!

My pleasure, as ever, Smokin Joe!