Author Topic: Gov. Abbott calls Biden's energy plan a 'hostile attack,' vows to sue  (Read 226 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Jeremy Blackman 1/28/2021

Gov. Greg Abbott vowed on Thursday to fight the new Biden administration’s climate change agenda, calling it a direct threat to the state’s energy sector.

“Texas is going to protect the oil and gas industry from any type of hostile attack launched from Washington, D.C.,” he said after a roundtable meeting with industry leaders in Odessa.

The Republican governor announced he had directed state agencies to immediately begin looking for opportunities to sue over new environmental regulations, and said he wants legislation passed in Austin that bans cities and counties from prohibiting natural gas appliances. Some Democratic-led cities in other states have moved to regulate gas appliances in new buildings.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Gov-Abbott-calls-Biden-s-energy-plan-a-15906623.php

Offline libertybele

Re: Gov. Abbott calls Biden's energy plan a 'hostile attack,' vows to sue
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 03:43:59 pm »
I'm hoping other states get on board with this ...sue and resist! I doubt that they will win in court, but this is the only choice states have other than seceding from the Union.

Texas Gov. Abbott pushes back against Biden’s climate agenda

During a press conference on Thursday, Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) signed an executive order, which directed all state agencies to legally challenge any federal actions that threaten Texas’ energy sector.

https://www.oann.com/texas-gov-abbott-pushes-back-against-bidens-climate-agenda/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Gov. Abbott calls Biden's energy plan a 'hostile attack,' vows to sue
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:01:41 pm »
I hope Abbott simply ignores.

Play like a Sanctuary State for oil companies, Greg
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington