Author Topic: FBI investigates explosion at anti-LGBTQ church in California  (Read 327 times)

Online mountaineer

FBI investigates explosion at anti-LGBTQ church in California
« on: January 27, 2021, 03:13:15 pm »
FBI investigates explosion at anti-LGBTQ church in California
First Works Baptist Church Pastor Bruce Mejia has expressed hatred for gay men and opposition to interracial marriage.
By Dennis Romero
Jan. 23, 2021

The FBI is investigating an overnight explosion at a Los Angeles County church known for its anti-LGBTQ sermons, agency officials said Saturday.

The First Works Baptist Church in El Monte, California, was the site of an explosion and fire about 1:10 a.m., and the FBI believes an improvised explosive device was involved, authorities said.  ...

The El Monte church is led by Pastor Bruce Mejia, whose anti-LGBTQ sermons have attracted the attention of protesters and has contributed to the church's placement on a Southern Poverty Law Center list of hate groups. ...

County Supervisor Hilda Solis, a former U.S. labor secretary under President Barack Obama, had already expressed concern about the church, in her district, before the explosion.

"Although we do not yet know the motive, I am aware of the anti-LGBTQ+ and misogynistic sermons given by the pastor of First Works Baptist Church;" she said in a statement, "and my office has referred concerning matters pertaining to the pastor to the County's Human Rights Commission who has been working in collaboration with the City of El Monte to deescalate the situation." ...
NBC News

Lots of value-laden terminology in the story. I don't know whether the pastor preached against interracial marriage, or simply stated that believers shouldn't be "unequally yoked" to nonbelievers. I doubt the reporter grasps the difference.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: FBI investigates explosion at anti-LGBTQ church in California
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 03:47:33 pm »
Words like "racist" used to have defined meaning. But for several decades they have been leveraged for political usage, especially to take out specific targets.

So this guy and his followers might be pretty awful. But activists exaggerate and hype and I would not trust Hilda Solis to be truthful about whether it's raining outside.

My bottom line, a crime against an bleep is still a crime and justice should happen. In LA County, the State of CA, and Biden's FBI, I have zero confidence that might happen. I'd love to be wrong but will be surprised if I am.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: FBI investigates explosion at anti-LGBTQ church in California
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »
My bottom line, a crime against an bleep is still a crime and justice should happen. In LA County, the State of CA, and Biden's FBI, I have zero confidence that might happen. I'd love to be wrong but will be surprised if I am.

This blogpost has more info on Mejia, https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/01/27/fbi-investigating-explosion-at-church-on-splc-hate-map-n1413403 . Tyler O'Neil is no Lib/Prog. Mejia is every bit the bleep he is portrayed to be. He also is of very little influence in a tiny world of very little influence:

According to the SPLC, First Works Baptist Church is part of the New Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement, a network of 22 U.S. churches and 8 churches overseas that looks to pastor Stephen Anderson for leadership. Anderson, pastor at Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Ariz., has reportedly called for the execution of LGBT people.

IOW, the skews media may make Mejia a bogey-rockstar the way they did Fred Phelps.

BTW, like Fred Phelps, Anderson and his New Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement group are using the name of decent Fundamentalists, "Independent Fundamental Baptist" to steal credibility and lure unwary Fundamentalists. The deceit and deception of Anderson, et al condemns them.

But as I said above, the bottom line is that a crime against an bleep is still a crime and justice should happen. If it was a crime against the group and not an in-house false-flag "bombing".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:39:00 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.