Author Topic: Biden’s energy plan may receive boost from lithium mine OK’d in Donald Trump’s last days as presiden  (Read 441 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KTLA 1/23/2021

Biden’s energy plan may receive boost from lithium mine OK’d in Donald Trump’s last days as president

One of the keys to President Joe Biden’s $2 trillion clean energy plan could be a mineral that lies in a salt flat above a prehistoric volcano just south of the Oregon-Nevada line.

But the question of how to extract lithium and whether former President Donald Trump’s Department of Interior rushed a mine through the approval process could be an early test for Biden and his nominee for Interior secretary, New Mexico Rep. Deb Haaland.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management issued a record of decision on Trump’s final Friday in office for an open-pit lithium mine at Thacker Pass, which is roughly 53 miles (85 kilometers) north of Winnemucca, Nevada.

Lithium Americas, the company behind the mine, believes it can supply a quantity “critical for establishing a strong domestic lithium supply chain required to support a low-carbon economy,” its President and CEO Jon Evans said in a statement.

More: https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/bidens-energy-plan-may-receive-boost-from-lithium-mine-okd-in-donald-trumps-last-days-as-president/

Offline Idiot

KTLA 1/23/2021

Biden’s energy plan may receive boost from lithium mine OK’d in Donald Trump’s last days as president

One of the keys to President Joe Biden’s $2 trillion clean energy plan could be a mineral that lies in a salt flat above a prehistoric volcano just south of the Oregon-Nevada line.

But the question of how to extract lithium and whether former President Donald Trump’s Department of Interior rushed a mine through the approval process could be an early test for Biden and his nominee for Interior secretary, New Mexico Rep. Deb Haaland.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management issued a record of decision on Trump’s final Friday in office for an open-pit lithium mine at Thacker Pass, which is roughly 53 miles (85 kilometers) north of Winnemucca, Nevada.

Lithium Americas, the company behind the mine, believes it can supply a quantity “critical for establishing a strong domestic lithium supply chain required to support a low-carbon economy,” its President and CEO Jon Evans said in a statement.

More: https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/bidens-energy-plan-may-receive-boost-from-lithium-mine-okd-in-donald-trumps-last-days-as-president/
Wouldn't this be bad for the environment?  Just sayin........