Author Topic: After Destroying Thousands of Jobs, Biden Raises Minimum Wage To $15… But Only For Federal Workers  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

After Destroying Thousands of Jobs, Biden Raises Minimum Wage To $15… But Only For Federal Workers

In his flurry of executive orders, Joe Biden raised the federal workers’ minimum wage to $15 per hour. Biden, apparently seeking to make good on the Democrat wish to see the federal minimum wage raised, may have caused confusion, as instead of raising the federal minimum wage through Congress, Biden simply raised the minimum wage for federal workers, in a tricky series of linguistics.

The Epoch Times reports that Biden signed the executive order on Friday, January 22. The order demands federal employees – like post office employees – be paid $15 per hour, and gives them emergency paid leave.

The order also is not unilateral. It simply “instructs the Office of Personnel Management to develop recommendations to agencies that would ensure as many employees as possible get a $15 per hour minimum wage.”

https://www.con-alerts.com/after-destroying-thousands-of-jobs-biden-raises-minimum-wage-to-15-but-only-for-federal-workers/

rangerrebew

Biden really knows how to unify the country, does he not? *****rollingeyes*****

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Are there any Federal employees anywhere that get paid less than $15 even to start? When will some investigative reporter dig into this and provide us a list and number of people this order affects?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Are there any Federal employees anywhere that get paid less than $15 even to start? When will some investigative reporter dig into this and provide us a list and number of people this order affects?
Yes, there are lots of part-time and even full-time jobs where that is the case.  Our son worked at Edwards as a repair tech for MWR and then as a facilities maintenance apprentice and was making about $11 an hour. 

I don't recall exactly how some of the agencies on base are funded, but I do know that some have really tight budgets, like MWR.  This will mean cutbacks in hiring unless the funding sources are increased. Which of course will come from our wallets in the form of higher taxes.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, worth a visit to Twatter.  Biden's minions are furious at this "bait and switch"   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yes, there are lots of part-time and even full-time jobs where that is the case.  Our son worked at Edwards as a repair tech for MWR and then as a facilities maintenance apprentice and was making about $11 an hour. 

I don't recall exactly how some of the agencies on base are funded, but I do know that some have really tight budgets, like MWR.  This will mean cutbacks in hiring unless the funding sources are increased. Which of course will come from our wallets in the form of higher taxes.
I wonder, if there will be a push to designate thos hourly employees as contract workers. I have seen it done before.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden Voters Posting Their L's Online
@BidenLs

2:47 AM · Jan 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/BidenLs/status/1353248029109792770

@BidenLs

9:33 PM · Jan 23, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/BidenLs/status/1353169138655645698

Offline skeeter

Wow, worth a visit to Twatter.  Biden's minions are furious at this "bait and switch"   :silly:

Their idiocy is astounding.

@BidenLs

2:34 PM · Jan 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
How can Biden do this if Congress is responsible for budgeting dollars for everything?  The cost will be paid with what dollars?