Author Topic: Trump ran for president, in part, to help his brand. Now, politics is his brand  (Read 950 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump ran for president, in part, to help his brand. Now, politics is his brand
by W. James Antle III, Politics Editor |
 | January 24, 2021 07:00 AM

When Donald Trump finally entered the 2016 presidential race after teasing several previous runs, there was rampant speculation it was really, in part, a brand-building exercise. He regularly promoted his products and properties on the campaign trail. There was nonstop talk about “Trump TV,” a prospect one report described as “unappetizing” but “not entirely illogical.”

Instead, Trump won the presidency and served four years at some cost to his personal and business brand. The Twitter account he used to build a rapport with millions of followers is gone. The 2022 PGA Championship will not be coming to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey. There is a petition to edit the former president out of Home Alone 2. Macy’s dumped his clothes line shortly after his 2015 announcement speech, in which he contended rapists and other criminals were illegally entering the United States from Mexico.

“I do think there is a ton of irony here because I think a good part of the reason Trump ran in the first place was so that it would benefit the brand after he left office,” said a veteran Republican operative in Washington. “And while that may have once worked with 30-35% of the Trump base, I now believe that the riot at the Capitol and his behavior afterwards probably cost him all but his most ardent supporters. And I think that number slowly decreases further when he no longer has the office or social media on which to tout his views.”

New York City sought to revisit its contracts with the Trump Organization after the Capitol attack. Deutsche Bank, Signature Bank in New York, and a pair of Florida banks announced they were pulling back from business ties with the president. Especially vulnerable are name-licensing deals subject to reauthorization or renewal if the partners view the Trump name as too toxic.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-ran-president-his-brand-politics
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Ain't gonna work. But they'll keep trying.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ain't gonna work. But they'll keep trying.
How great a businessman he is, eh, running for Preident and winning so that he could lose huuuge amounts of money and damage his brand. Nope sounds more like a democrat plan, oh wait, no matter haow horrible a democrat is they are rewarded kickedback incredible mounts of money for direct enormous amounts of money to their cronies.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
His brand is pretty much toast when the conglomerate of congress, POTUS, and all the swampy smellng regulators wants to see you cuffed and imprisoned.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Again with this shit. 

On the one hand this is infuriating; but on the other it's good to see the former President is still living rent free in the media's mind.   :laugh:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Again with this shit. 

On the one hand this is infuriating; but on the other it's good to see the former President is still living rent free in the media's mind.   :laugh:

Kind of going unnoticed in this whole fiasco, is does this set a prcedent for House/Senate to go after any private citizen they might deem offensive?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

I certainly don't think he wanted to help his brand.  I think he saw an opportunity to make a tremendous amount of money based on the mistakes and waste that he saw.  He ran under the republican umbrella as that was the slot that he would most likely win under  (here come the daggers and arrows), and he heard the voices of Republican voters, realized that he agreed with them and made a run for it. I believe Trump didn't do anything that wasn't going to make him money that wouldn't also make America money. 

Hillary and the DEMS were absolutely devastated and shocked that she didn't win; I think that they thought no one took him seriously nor did they even realize the connection that he had with his audiences.

Trump quickly learned that running a gov't was different then his businesses and soon realized that the swamp was much deeper then he had ever dreamed.

I still question some things that he did, and took real issue with some of them, but I think you'd have to be absolutely blind not to acknowledge the blatant corruption that went on to undermine his accomplishments.

I don't think politics is his 'brand'.  Trump is Trump and his objective was to better and improve this country, put people back to work and create more wealth. Being better and accomplishing goals is who Trump is.  Yes, President Donald J. Trump did it "his" way.  Look back at all his accomplishments in spite of all the obstacles and that is what the left fears.  They are afraid he's not done yet.  Who knows. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Trump knew all along he'd lose a lot of money, and almost all of his friends doing this, he did it anyway.

Offline dfwgator

His brand is pretty much toast when the conglomerate of congress, POTUS, and all the swampy smellng regulators wants to see you cuffed and imprisoned.

His brand isn't toast for the millions who voted for him.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wonders:
"Kind of going unnoticed in this whole fiasco, is does this set a prcedent for House/Senate to go after any private citizen they might deem offensive?"

Yes, comrade.

Many are not "noticing" what is going on behind the scenes.

Their ignorance will continue... until the Black Maria vans come to pick them up.

BassWrangler

Exactly. The poor guy can't even keep his bank accounts.

Online libertybele

Trump knew all along he'd lose a lot of money, and almost all of his friends doing this, he did it anyway.

I don't believe that he knew that in the beginning. He didn't enter the presidency to lose money.  As for his friends, those friends that he lost weren't his friends to begin with!  Sad but true.  As the old adage goes; you make lots of acquaintances in your life, but you only meet few people who are truly your friends.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

I don't believe that he knew that in the beginning. He didn't enter the presidency to lose money.  As for his friends, those friends that he lost weren't his friends to begin with!  Sad but true.  As the old adage goes; you make lots of acquaintances in your life, but you only meet few people who are truly your friends.

I agree with @libertybele on this one. There is tons of evidence that he didn’t anticipate the Democrats, previously his friends even, would demonize him in the media.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump ran for president, in part, to help his brand. Now, politics is his brand
by W. James Antle III, Politics Editor |
 | January 24, 2021 07:00 AM

“I do think there is a ton of irony here because I think a good part of the reason Trump ran in the first place was so that it would benefit the brand after he left office,” said a veteran Republican operative in Washington. “And while that may have once worked with 30-35% of the Trump base, I now believe that the riot at the Capitol and his behavior afterwards probably cost him all but his most ardent supporters. And I think that number slowly decreases further when he no longer has the office or social media on which to tout his views.”

AKA : "RINO Opportunist in it for the money and personal power". It is people like this creature that made Trump's election necessary,and they did everything they could do to try to make sure he failed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

I agree with @libertybele on this one. There is tons of evidence that he didn’t anticipate the Democrats, previously his friends even, would demonize him in the media.

Trump even said when he was running, most of his friends tried to talk him out of it. 

BassWrangler

Trump even said when he was running, most of his friends tried to talk him out of it.

I didn't know that. I hope he is able to have a good life for his remaining years. I worry that the left will hound him to no end.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I didn't know that. I hope he is able to have a good life for his remaining years. I worry that the left will hound him to no end.

The Rats have no other choice, because they've set out to destroy him at all costs, in order to have a head on a pike.  A warning to others.  The Clinton crime family on steroids.  After all, they got away with it then, so why not turn the volume up to 11 today?  The worse that can happen is they'll get a $100 fine and a few months probation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

I certainly don't think he wanted to help his brand.  I think he saw an opportunity to make a tremendous amount of money based on the mistakes and waste that he saw.  He ran under the republican umbrella as that was the slot that he would most likely win under  (here come the daggers and arrows), and he heard the voices of Republican voters, realized that he agreed with them and made a run for it. I believe Trump didn't do anything that wasn't going to make him money that wouldn't also make America money. 

Hillary and the DEMS were absolutely devastated and shocked that she didn't win; I think that they thought no one took him seriously nor did they even realize the connection that he had with his audiences.

Trump quickly learned that running a gov't was different then his businesses and soon realized that the swamp was much deeper then he had ever dreamed.

I still question some things that he did, and took real issue with some of them, but I think you'd have to be absolutely blind not to acknowledge the blatant corruption that went on to undermine his accomplishments.

I don't think politics is his 'brand'.  Trump is Trump and his objective was to better and improve this country, put people back to work and create more wealth. Being better and accomplishing goals is who Trump is.  Yes, President Donald J. Trump did it "his" way.  Look back at all his accomplishments in spite of all the obstacles and that is what the left fears.  They are afraid he's not done yet.  Who knows.

The problem with working within the Pub party is if you get elected you end up staffing most of the positions with establishment, career, political operatives. It's why we need to build a 3rd party from the ground up in key states.

The Pub party will be "outraged" and "shocked" at what the Rats do, but they won't stop the Rats. I believe Trump was the first POTUS who never held public office, or worked for the govt. His accomplishments are outstanding when you factor in how little support he had behind him in govt.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

God Bless him!

He opened a lot of eyes to how our govt doesn't represent us.

Offline bilo

You know who your friends are; they cheer for you when you're successful, offer to help when you're down and if someone attacks you they are among the first to stand up and fight for you.

The establishment Pubs like McCarthy, Cheney, McConnell etc., sure don't fit that description.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"The Clinton crime family on steroids.  After all, they got away with it then, so why not turn the volume up to 11 today?"

C'mon, Cyber, I know you're more savvy than that. I hope you are.

The people moving behind the scenes to consolidate control aren't like the clintons, nor even like the bidens.

Mention names like Lenin, Trotsky, Beria, Gramsci -- now you're talkin'.

Online libertybele

You know who your friends are; they cheer for you when you're successful, offer to help when you're down and if someone attacks you they are among the first to stand up and fight for you.

The establishment Pubs like McCarthy, Cheney, McConnell etc., sure don't fit that description.

No they don't and though Trump met with McCarthy in FL...I just don't see it as a positive.  I don't think McCarthy can be trusted. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Rats have no other choice, because they've set out to destroy him at all costs, in order to have a head on a pike.  A warning to others.  The Clinton crime family on steroids.  After all, they got away with it then, so why not turn the volume up to 11 today?  The worse that can happen is they'll get a $100 fine and a few months probation.

@Cyber Liberty

The flip side of that is Trump is NOT a career politician,and he doesn't just shrug away things like that as "normal". He will see it as personal attacks,and he WILL fight back. His ego just won't allow it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!