Author Topic: Ken Cuccinelli: Nancy Pelosi Had a Disturbing Request for What She Wanted the National Guard to Do  (Read 240 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ken Cuccinelli: Nancy Pelosi Had a Disturbing Request for What She Wanted the National Guard to Do
By Nick Arama | Jan 22, 2021 3:00 PM ET

Just catching up to a crazy story from earlier in the week that’s pretty important not to skip over, giving all that has been going on with the National Guard.

Now, there were a lot of questions about the need of having such a massive buildup of 25,000 troops in Washington, D.C to protect the Capitol.

But apparently that wasn’t all that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) wanted, according to Ken Cuccinelli, the former Acting Deputy Homeland Security Secretary.

According to Cuccinelli, not only did Pelosi want all those troops, “a division,” to protect the Capitol, but she also wanted “crew-manned machine guns in Washington.” He said, “That was rejected because there’s simply no use for that in a security arrangement for a civilian undertaking. Just — so some of this has gone beyond any legitimate security need.” He meant crew-served vehicle borne machine guns, according to John Roberts.

Oh, my. Was she really envisioning gunning down Americans? Imagine if it hadn’t been someone like Cuccinelli with the good sense to refuse such a request. That’s crazy. But it says a lot, and none of it good about Nancy Pelosi. I’m also confused. Isn’t she against even semi-automatic rifles like AR-15s but now she’s cool with this? Or is it only when they aren’t being used to defend her? When they’re protecting her, any amount of force is cool, apparently.

Cuccinelli also made the point that Homeland Security wasn’t just about D.C., although of course they want to protect the Capitol.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/01/22/314609-n314609
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

It was the Pentagon that determined the security needs, not Pelosi.
HOWEVER, one of those days when the build-up was happening before the inauguration,  I saw 40+ heavy duty military "vehicles" from a northern state, maybe that was from Maryland, headed to Washington.  There appeared to be something like a gun turret platform on top.  The film moved fast, so I did not get a sustained viewing.  I knew it was that many as the announcer said that.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
All that matters is Trump was defeated!  Next time Pelosi might just demand tanks or nuclear weapons protection.  Remember as jihadist were murdering and setting off bombs around America,9-11, the democrats demanded it wasn't jihadist that were the problem,but rather whites that agitated the jihadist.  It makes sense to make the capital a fortress against the populace, after all, the democrats have viewed Americans as the problem for a long time, except just before elections when they needed to fool fools.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Mesaclone

Ya know, I'm an old soldier and maybe this generation of troops is different...but I doubt it. I just do not think ANY National Guard or active duty officer would EVER direct troops to bring automatic fire on a peaceful civilian crowd of Americans. Just wouldn't happen...nor do I believe the troops would obey such an order if given. That is a line that won't be crossed IMHO. That said, even this "show" of force is something of an atrocity, as its meant to intimidate and impress on regular Americans that the "elites" of DC are untouchable. That mentality is dangerous.

And while I do not believe troops will ever fire on citizens, I do believe terror groups like Antifa and elements of BLM, under the direction of the Left...would do so. Politicians on the Left would then, of course, decry the action whilst claiming it was understandable given past discrimination and the "provocations" of conservative demonstrators.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain