Author Topic: National Guard in DC forced to sleep in parking garages, sparking outcry  (Read 276 times)

rangerrebew

National Guard in DC forced to sleep in parking garages, sparking outcry
National News

by: NOMAAN MERCHANT, LOLITA BALDOR and AAMER MADHANI Associated Press
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 / 08:59 PM EST   / Updated: Jan 22, 2021 / 09:00 PM EST   

WASHINGTON (AP) — Images of National Guard soldiers camped in a cold parking garage after being sent to protect Washington sparked new calls Friday for investigations of the U.S. Capitol Police, now facing allegations that the agency evicted troops sent to help after its failure to stop rioting mobs two weeks ago.

President Joe Biden expressed his “dismay” Friday morning to Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, chief of the National Guard, about how the troops had been treated, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. Members of both parties were irate about reports that Guardsmen were forced to take rest breaks outside the Capitol building. About 25,000 Guard members from across the country deployed to help secure President Joe Biden’s inauguration, which went off with only a handful of minor arrests.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/national-news/national-guard-in-dc-forced-to-sleep-in-parking-garages-sparking-outcry/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Re: National Guard in DC forced to sleep in parking garages, sparking outcry
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:30:46 am »
@Smokin Joe

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell Nazi Pelosi or Chuckie Schumer would allow that.  Given how they have attacked so far, I doubt the joint Chiefs would approve it either. farter000000

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: National Guard in DC forced to sleep in parking garages, sparking outcry
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 02:16:30 pm »
@Smokin Joe

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell Nazi Pelosi or Chuckie Schumer would allow that.  Given how they have attacked so far, I doubt the joint Chiefs would approve it either. farter000000
Perhaps not, but the offer has been made, and likely the troops know it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis