Author Topic: Biden administration suspends new oil, gas drilling permits on federal land  (Read 376 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-administration-suspends-new-oil-gas-drilling-permits-on-federal-land-01611276375?mod=home-page

<snipit>
Move could be the first step in an eventual goal to ban all leases and permits to drill on federal land.
 The Biden administration announced Thursday a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for U.S. lands and waters as officials moved quickly to reverse Trump administration policies on energy and the environment.

The suspension, part of a broad review of programs at the Department of Interior, went into effect immediately under an order signed Wednesday by Acting Interior Secretary Scott de la Vega. It follows Democratic President Joe Biden’s campaign pledge to halt new drilling on federal lands and end the leasing of publicly owned energy reserves as part of his plan to address climate change.

The order did not ban new drilling outright. It includes an exception giving a small number of senior Interior officials — the secretary, deputy secretary, solicitor and several assistant secretaries — authority to approve actions that otherwise would be suspended.

The order also applies to coal leases and permits, and blocks the approval of new mining plans. Land sales or exchanges and the hiring of senior-level staff at the agency also were suspended.

Under former President Donald Trump, federal agencies prioritized energy development and eased environmental rules to speed up drilling permits as part of the Republican’s goal to end reliance on foreign energy supplies and boost domestic production. Trump consistently downplayed the dangers of climate change, which Biden has made a top priority.

On his first day in office, Biden signed a series of executive orders that underscored his different approach — rejoining the Paris Climate Accord, revoking approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada and telling agencies to immediately review dozens of Trump-era rules on science, the environment and public health.
=======================================================================

Disasterous first day in this bufoon's administration.  Losing energy independence, puts us at risk on so many levels.  Rather than becoming a energy center of commerce, Pedo Joe prefers the past where we cowered to OPEC, and put national security at risk.  Not to mention adding the potential military intervention losses of having to make sure the middle east is a stable provider of oil.  This president is that stupid
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:16:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Now that we’re going to lose our energy independence, there are only two choices Joe Biden has to keep energy  prices from going through the roof.  He’ll have to import the difference like we’ve done in the past. Or have the economy be so weak that the demand for energy is kept low

No president wants a weak economy and high energy prices  on their watch. But no other president has had a “squad” breathing down their neck.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Now that we’re going to lose our energy independence, there are only two choices Joe Biden has to keep energy  prices from going through the roof.  He’ll have to import the difference like we’ve done in the past. Or have the economy be so weak that the demand for energy is kept low

No president wants a weak economy and high energy prices  on their watch. But no other president has had a “squad” breathing down their neck.

Spot on.  Biden has boxed himself in, and is too stupid to realize it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Spot on.  Biden has boxed himself in, and is too stupid to realize it

And those are his only two options. There is not enough windmills and solar panels to make up for that loss of oil.

While they play around and experiment with fantasies, it’s going to be us that pay the price. The elites in Washington are going to exempt them selves from all of this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO wrote:
"Now that we’re going to lose our energy independence, there are only two choices Joe Biden has to keep energy  prices from going through the roof."

I can't believe you posted that.
They WANT energy prices to "go through the roof".
Can't you see that...?

I'm calling for gas prices to be $18-20 per gallon by the autumn of next year.
Around $8-10 of that will be additional "green/carbon control" taxes imposed upon existing pump prices...

"No president wants a weak economy and high energy prices  on their watch."

Until now.
This is what's coming.
Better get used to it... citizen.