Author Topic: Texas AG Promises to Fight Biden’s ‘Lawlessness’  (Read 168 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Jacob Asmussen January 21, 2021

As the newly sworn-in president wasted no time in signing harmful executive orders, the Texas attorney general spared no time in promising to stand against them.

As President Joe Biden was being sworn into power Wednesday, the Texas attorney general was already pledging to confront the new administration’s “many unconstitutional and illegal actions.”

“Congrats, President Biden. On Inauguration Day, I wish our country the best,” Paxton said in a statement yesterday on Twitter. “I promise my fellow Texans and Americans that I will fight against the many unconstitutional and illegal actions that the new administration will take, challenge federal overreach that infringes on Texans’ rights, and serve as a major check against the administration’s lawlessness. Texas First! Law & Order always!”

Paxton tweeted his statement just hours before Biden entered the Oval Office and signed a slew of 17 executive orders, overturning several Trump policies. Among other actions, Biden stopped federal funding for the border wall construction, dragged the United States back into the controversial Paris climate accord, cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline, and has promised to remove Trump’s increased protections for preborn babies and force citizens to pay for abortions.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-ag-promises-to-fight-bidens-lawlessness/