Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi Set to Send Trump Impeachment to Senate: Dropping Trial Is ‘Not How You Unify’  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi Set to Send Trump Impeachment to Senate: Dropping Trial Is ‘Not How You Unify’

Ashley Oliver 21 Jan 2021

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday dismissed concerns that sending the impeachment article against former President Donald Trump to the Senate would alienate his supporters, saying that forgoing a trial against Trump is “not how you unify.”

Pelosi’s comments came during a morning press briefing after a reporter asked the speaker if she was worried that proceeding to an impeachment trial would “undercut” President Joe Biden’s call for unity that he made at his inauguration speech Wednesday.

“No, I’m not worried about that,” Pelosi said. “The fact is the president of the United States committed an act of incitement of insurrection. I don’t think it’s very unifying to say, ‘Oh let’s just forget it and move on.’”

Pelosi is set to send one article of impeachment against Trump to the Senate after the House voted 232–197 to impeach the then-president last week for “incitement of insurrection” over the deadly riot that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6.

House Republicans, less ten who voted in favor of impeachment, concluded that the move was not an appropriate solution to addressing the riot, but Pelosi still plans to charge ahead with delivering the article. Dropping impeachment proceedings would actually defy Biden’s unity message, she argued.

“That’s not how you unify. Joe Biden said it beautifully. If we’re going to unite, you must remember that we must, we must bring this— look, that’s our responsibility to uphold the integrity of the Congress of the United States,” Pelosi said. “That’s our responsibility, to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. And that is what we will do.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/21/nancy-pelosi-set-to-send-trump-impeachment-to-senate-dropping-trial-is-not-how-you-unify/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

There are not many people on this planet I would actually enjoy watching have a myocardial-infarction.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

1) McConnell wants Hse mgrs to present the article of impeachment to the Senate and swear in the senators as jurors and issue a Summons to Trump. He wants that to start on January 28. Trump would have until Feb 4 to respond to the impeachment article

2) The President would then have until Feb 11  to write his pre-trial brief. The House would also submit its replication on this date.

The House would then have two days to submit their rebuttal pre-trial brief (February 13).

6:29 PM · Jan 21, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1352397843890397184

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

Schumer on McConnell's impeachment trial proposal: “We received Leader McConnell’s proposal that only deals with pre-trial motions late this afternoon. We will review it and discuss it with him.”

6:40 PM · Jan 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1352400583345504258

Does the government pay the defendant's legal fees incurred for impeachment proceedings?

There are not many people on this planet I would actually enjoy watching have a myocardial-infarction.

000hehehehe

Offline dfwgator

I'd enjoy watching her die in a fire.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd enjoy watching her die in a fire.

Are we starting a pool? Can I get dibs on watching her fall out of a helicopter, Pinochet style?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Are we starting a pool? Can I get dibs on watching her fall out of a helicopter, Pinochet style?

:pondering:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.