Author Topic: Rush: George W. Bush Calls James Clyburn the “Savior”  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

George W. Bush Calls James Clyburn the “Savior”

Jan 21, 2021

RUSH: Christian, Brick Township, New Jersey. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: I just wanted to comment quickly — maybe you could speak on it — about the Politico article that was just recently written where George Bush was quoted as saying to Representative Clyburn that he was the “savior” of the country from this past election, and it kind of got me annoyed. And I’ve actually never called a talk show (chuckles), and I decided to call your show because I was really upset at that comment. You know, unfortunately, President Bush is coming off as a useful idiot right now.

RUSH: Well, let me explain this to people who may not be aware of this. It’s gonna be very few, but yesterday at the inauguration, George W. Bush approached James Clyburn — who named his daughter after a steak, Mignon Clyburn. I just throw that in as an added bit of information. Anyway, he went up to Clyburn — and Clyburn is the source for the story.

He said that George Bush called him “the savior,” and the reason is it was Clyburn’s endorsement of Biden in South Carolina in the primaries that is seen by the cognoscenti, the establishment — that endorsement of Clyburn’s is what put Joe Biden over the top because it got the black vote to turn out. They had been sitting it out, they had been dormant.

They came out for Biden because of their respect for Clyburn, and Bush went up to Clyburn to thank him for doing that. He was really basically saying, “Congressman Clyburn, you’re the reason that we got rid of Trump. You’re the reason we’ve got Biden in there. Thank you. You are the savior.” Clyburn is the source of this. Thank you, Christian. We’ll have commentary coming back.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, one of the things that Christian, our previous caller, was upset about is during the eight years of the George W. Bush administration, they never defended themselves. Bush didn’t. Karl Rove didn’t. Nobody did — and they were routinely attacked. And the thing about it was that it was an attack on us, too, just like these never-ending attacks on Trump were attacks on the people that voted for Trump.

In fact, I would suggest that the real enemy that the media/the Democrats had was the people that voted for Trump. Trump was just one guy and even if he had served his second term, he’s still gonna be out the door someday. But Trump voters could be voters in perpetuity. And that was the real focus of their anger and their hatred was the voters that supported Trump.

Well, during the eight years of Bush, he was savaged like Trump was — and, in some cases, it was parallel. They compared him to Hitler. There were movies that justified the assassination of George W. Bush. It was dirty. It was mean. It was evil stuff. They had General Petraeus up to testify about some action that he was suggesting we take in Iraq to turn the tide there.

And on the day of his testimony before congressional committees, they ran ads referring to him as General “Betray Us,” accusing him of lying before he had even testified. And it was all an effort to sabotage and undermine the Bush war in Iraq and the Bush War on Terror. And despite it all, Bush never defended himself, and neither did anybody in the administration.

We did! People… Conservative talk radio all over the country defended Bush, defended his administration, defended his objectives, and Christian was a little upset here about Bush’s loyalties here to the people that were ripping him apart. James Clyburn was out there ripping Bush apart, like every other Democrat did, for eight years, from 2001 to 2009.

I’ll never forget — and I commented on this when I saw it — there was a State of the Union speech. Bush had given it, and he was mistreated during this speech like you can’t believe. He was booed. The Democrats did not stand up for standing O’s. They made it abundantly clear they thought he was an idiot; they had no respect for him whatsoever. And I watched it all the way through.

At the end of that speech, cameras cut to the foyer outside the House Chamber where the State of the Union speech was delivered. And a senator from I think it was Minnesota (I wish I could remember who it was; you might remember, Snerdley) was begging Bush for a photo. He ran after him and wanted Bush to pose with him for a photo, and Bush did.

The senator is no longer there. I don’t know who it was. I wish I could remember who it was. Prominent. It was a prominent senator, and I said, “What the hell is this?” So when he doesn’t think the cameras are on, he’s out there and he’s with “the president of the United States,” and he wants a picture to memorialize it. And Bush happily, dutifully stopped what he was doing and posed for the photo.

I’m sitting there watching it. I’m saying, “These guys are trying to destroy you,” and I would even mention that to Bush when I had occasion to talk to him. He said, “No, no, Rush. It’s just politics. It’s all it is, is just politics. I am not going to take the office of the presidency down to the gutter of everyday politics. I’m gonna stay above it,” and that’s why they wouldn’t defend themselves.

But we did, and I think Christian was upset that Bush chose to praise somebody that tried to destroy him, James Clyburn. Here’s Clyburn, by the way, telling the story. This is yesterday after the inauguration. Clyburn held a conference call with reporters, and the question was, “What were you thinking when President Biden was taking his oath was office?”

CLYBURN: George Bush said to me today, he said, “You know, you [are] the savior, because if you had not nominated Joe Biden, we would not be having this transfer of power today.” He said to me, “Joe Biden was the only one who could have defeated the incumbent president.”

RUSH: (summarized) “Joe Biden was the only one who could have defeated Donald Trump, and you made it happen,” President Bush told him. “You made it happen.” Clyburn says Bush told him he made it happen, and he did. I’ll never forget it. Clyburn went through the motions of two days supposedly rubbing his hands together in angst over, “What do I do?

“What do I do? What do I do?” Because Biden doesn’t have the greatest record on race in Washington, folks. He’s sidled up to all kinds of racists and bigots in the Democrat Party over the course of his time there. But eventually, Clyburn bit the bullet. He went out there and endorsed Biden.

And that signaled to African-Americans in South Carolina, “It’s great and safe to vote for this guy,” which they did. And from that day forward, it changed Biden’s fortunes, and he never lost a primary (or one that mattered) after that. So that’s why Bush sought to praise him. So, Christian, I’m glad you called. I thank you.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34