Author Topic: Vogue agrees to print new Vice President Harris cover after racial controversy  (Read 473 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vogue agrees to print new Vice President Harris cover after racial controversy

The magazine was criticized for getting “too familiar, too fast.”
By
Anagha Srikanth | Jan. 21, 2021

Vogue released two different cover images for its February edition featuring Vice President Harris.
    Some preferred the digital cover, saying the print cover was too casual and even disrespectful.
    Now, the magazine is selling a limited number of print editions featuring the alternate cover image.

On the campaign trail, politicians are meant to be approachable, even casual, someone you’d want to have a beer with. But in office, they hold a power that has historically been shown a different level of respect.

As the first Black woman to hold the position, Vice President Harris is no longer “Kamala,” in black jeans and Converse sneakers, and Vogue -- which was criticized for being too casual with its original cover -- is recognizing that with a special edition of the magazine.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/arts-culture/535221-vogue-agrees-to-print-new-vice-president-harris
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A well dressed Ho on the cover is still a Ho.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A well dressed Ho on the cover is still a Ho.

An "Off the Rack" dressed Ho.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ok... so one of these covers is racist and one of them isn't? Do I have that right?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
An "Off the Rack" dressed Ho.

"Off Her Back"

Fixed it for you @Cyber Liberty
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ok... so one of these covers is racist and one of them isn't? Do I have that right?

LOL.  They do seem to have confused their grievances here  --- the grievance originally was "sexism" with Harris looking too powerless in sneakers standing on a pink bedsheet.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:49:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

I could care less about the pictures of her; they are irrelevant.  What is alarming to me is the caption underneath the pictures that
reads "And The New America".  I posted a picture of the one in tennies a little while ago and that was before she was sworn in.

So she was already interviewed and it has already been determined by the MSM and others that she represents the "New" America.   **nononono*

So ... now, IMHO IF you want to know what is going on in the country, CNN and others will probably now give you an accurate report since the uniparty is now in control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I could care less about the pictures of her; they are irrelevant.  What is alarming to me is the caption underneath the pictures that
reads "And The New America".  I posted a picture of the one in tennies a little while ago and that was before she was sworn in.

So she was already interviewed and it has already been determined by the MSM and others that she represents the "New" America.   **nononono*

So ... now, IMHO IF you want to know what is going on in the country, CNN and others will probably now give you an accurate report since the uniparty is now in control.

I would remind, the magazines captioned the great O'Bastard with the title of the first Star Wars movie.  Insipid are the magazines.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

"Off Her Back"

Fixed it for you @Cyber Liberty

"On her back."

I think we got it right now...
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"On her back."

I think we got it right now...

Hey @Hurricane Andrew!  Where the heck have you been?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hurricane Andrew

Hey @Hurricane Andrew!  Where the heck have you been?

Here and there.  Trying to keep sane :)

I've been around, just not posting much here or at the "site that shall not be named".  Been more active locally with re-opening Delaware activity and such.  Too much to do and not nearly enough time to do it all!
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here and there.  Trying to keep sane :)

I've been around, just not posting much here or at the "site that shall not be named".  Been more active locally with re-opening Delaware activity and such.  Too much to do and not nearly enough time to do it all!

I hear ya.... :cool:
I will NOT comply.