Author Topic: McConnell, Schumer fail to cut power-sharing deal amid filibuster snag  (Read 313 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell, Schumer fail to cut power-sharing deal amid filibuster snag
By Jordain Carney - 01/19/21 09:30 PM EST

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) failed to reach a deal on Tuesday on organizing a 50-50 Senate as a fight over the filibuster threatens to drag out the talks for days.

The two Senate leaders met to discuss how to share power in an evenly split Senate. According to Schumer, they talked about "a whole lot of issues" but didn't reach an agreement.

The talks have snagged over a fight on the 60-vote legislative filibuster, which could drag out the negotiations for several days.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/534951-mcconnell-schumer-fail-to-cut-power-sharing-deal-amid-filibuster-snag
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: McConnell, Schumer fail to cut power-sharing deal amid filibuster snag
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 04:35:20 pm »
Mitch the Bitch can't be that stupid, the left never shares power when they are in control, only the right is stupid enough to 'be fair and share'. Besides, 50/50? I doubt is true except on paper Scmucky can always count on the RINO's to push through anything he wants. Actually I wonder how long before a number of them switch to democrat.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:37:57 pm by GtHawk »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:50:51 pm »
Mitch the Bitch can't be that stupid, the left never shares power when they are in control, only the right is stupid enough to 'be fair and share'. Besides, 50/50? I doubt is true except on paper Scmucky can always count on the RINO's to push through anything he wants. Actually I wonder how long before a number of them switch to democrat.
Romney, the former POTUS nominee of the GOP, will make history in being the first to leave.

Chuckie will promise him some cheap position he can use to blow his horn, as he only has a few short years to go.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 04:53:55 pm »
The filibuster needs to be preserved at all costs....

If turtle capitulates....  it's all on him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 04:56:47 pm »
Romney, the former POTUS nominee of the GOP, will make history in being the first to leave.

Chuckie will promise him some cheap position he can use to blow his horn, as he only has a few short years to go.
All Schmutz needs to promise Turtle in exchange for total power is the rats will continue to look the other way while the McConnells continue to rake in Chicom moola.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:57:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 05:11:07 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 05:28:18 pm »
Trust the turtle...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 07:06:57 pm »
Trust the turtle...
I think he's burned his bridges, there will be no Mr. Wizard to Bring Tooter home from this misadventure.