Author Topic: Left Calls for ‘Army of Citizen Detectives’ to Monitor & Report Trump Supporters  (Read 4517 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, that's kind of circular, ain't it? It has to be listening to hear the wake word, right?  :cool:
That's not what it said.
It didn't say I only listen when I hear the 'wake word', which as you point out is an oxymoron.
What it said is, I only send what you say to Amazon (and whoever else is on the list, NSA, CIA, FBI, DHS) when I hear the wake word.
It listens all the time. Theoretically, it supposedly only processes what it hears with the wake word.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Listen again.  Alexa doesn't say that she starts recording only when she hears the wake word.  It says that only after hearing the wake word to they send a recording to Amazon.  It could have been recording for the last 6 hours, but waits until you say 'Alexa' before sending that 6-hr recording to Amazon.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Conservatives will definitley need to lay low in Urban and Blue areas.

OTOH, in Red and rural/burb areas. the Term "Snitches get stitches" might be more apt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Axeslinger

I don't watch Hollywood crap anymore, it's pretty much all foreign films for me now.
But you repeat yourself...
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

BassWrangler

Listen again.  Alexa doesn't say that she starts recording only when she hears the wake word.  It says that only after hearing the wake word to they send a recording to Amazon.  It could have been recording for the last 6 hours, but waits until you say 'Alexa' before sending that 6-hr recording to Amazon.

In theory you can listen to everything it sends to Amazon. At least that's what they say. You can do it within the app, or by going here:

https://www.amazon.com/alexaprivacysettings

Online roamer_1

Well, what they are saying is that the device has the ability to detect the wake word locally, and only sends audio to their servers after it hears that.

so they say. Alright... How many wake words are there REALLY?

Online mountaineer

When I first heard that part about the "wake word," I thought Alexa was referring to being "woke."

This is why I avoid anything high-tech!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth seeker wrote:
" "The Lives of Others"  "Das Leben de Anderen"
2006  Oscar Best Foreign Language Film"

You can get it from here if you (like me) are "unafraid":
https://tpb21.ukpass.co/description.php?id=18613681

A compelling film. In German with English subtitles, but don't let that discourage you.

Just one of many in the anti-communist film library I've built up in the past couple of years...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It really is crap for the most part. The only exception is when they're remaking some older movie. You can also clearly see the influence of Chinese money if you look for it.
I watched a couple of subtitled Russian series about fighter pilots and one about an artillery detachment. Thoroughly infused in both was the too ordinary fear of the zampolit, who could have one sent (or one's family) sent to prison for a mere accusation, and the idea that one was to remain loyal to the State even if your family was accidentally executed while your innocence was proven. Pretty chilling mindset, and I fear what we have coming here if the Leftists continue to run rampant.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

When I first heard that part about the "wake word," I thought Alexa was referring to being "woke."

This is why I avoid anything high-tech!  :laugh:

Oh, would that I could. I am so sick of tech I can't even begin to say it.

Online mountaineer

Oh, would that I could. I am so sick of tech I can't even begin to say it.
For half of today, I thought I'd lost my cell phone - and I didn't care. It's never turned on, anyway. Finally found it and still haven't turned it on.  :laugh:

Online roamer_1

For half of today, I thought I'd lost my cell phone - and I didn't care. It's never turned on, anyway. Finally found it and still haven't turned it on.  :laugh:

I have it quite the other way. The cell phone is on me all the time. When here at Command Central, the Plantronix wireless is on me all the time too - and the desk has 2 lines - the one I am on, and the back line so I can transfer and hold. And Skype. And Duo. And Messages. And What's App. And 6 emails. And that ain't counting getting actually productive going on, which right now is coding, and one box on the guest bench, and one hard drive in the toaster getting worked on... 5 of my own machines to pay attention to... Four of which I am operating right now, not including droids. It is so friggin stupid. I can't even cook breakfast without getting a call, and Lord help us if I ever get to drink my coffee in peace. A lot of times it don't stop till after midnight. And all that, going broke while I am doing it.  I LONG for the day that I can get out of here again, even for a long walk.

Up at the other place is awesome. The sound of the falls... The loons calling, the wind whispering in the trees. A moose wandering by. Stress just melts right off me... I really cannot wait. Sitting on the porch in the morning in the rocker I made, looking out over that little pond... Go do the chores in the barn I made... Take care of the chickens in the coop I made... work in the shop I made, on real things that are in my hands...

It is SO much better.

Online libertybele

Conservatives will definitley need to lay low in Urban and Blue areas.

OTOH, in Red and rural/burb areas. the Term "Snitches get stitches" might be more apt.

We are only a couple of days into the Biden era.

I think conservatives regardless of where you're located need to watch our backs.  Including what you say in your home (who knows what devices can hear your conversations) and absolutely need to watch what you post in here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

It really is crap for the most part. The only exception is when they're remaking some older movie. You can also clearly see the influence of Chinese money if you look for it.

And also Hollywood kissed Hitler's ass in the 1930s because they didn't want to lose access to the German market.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
so they say. Alright... How many wake words are there REALLY?

Four.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

And also Hollywood kissed Hitler's ass in the 1930s because they didn't want to lose access to the German market.

It really is just astounding. I mean China is doing ethnic cleansing, has put every economy except their own into a recession with this CCP virus, is buying into key, strategically important business like our power grid, is building up their military and rattling sabres in the South China Sea. But these fools in United States are claiming Trump supporters the threat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It really is just astounding. I mean China is doing ethnic cleansing, has put every economy except their own into a recession with this CCP virus, is buying into key, strategically important business like our power grid, is building up their military and rattling sabres in the South China Sea. But these fools in United States are claiming Trump supporters the threat.

Well,you really don't expect them to admit it is their Chinese Masters behind all this,do you? If they did that,THEY would have to take on some of them blame,and they NEVER accept blame for anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

Well,you really don't expect them to admit it is their Chinese Masters behind all this,do you? If they did that,THEY would have to take on some of them blame,and they NEVER accept blame for anything.

You're right, @sneakypete . I guess the real fools are those who voted for these traitors.

Online libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

A little history, as presented by a (conservative) civil rights lawyer:
Suppressing Dissent and Criminalizing the Opposition
Posted on January 26, 2021   

The scary new world we find ourselves in is nothing new. The similarities to one of the worst periods in world history is compelling.

“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.”
    [Special Message to the Congress on the Internal Security of the United States, August 8, 1950]” ― Harry S. Truman

As the Nazis worked to consolidate their power and build a cohesive “national community,” suppression of dissent played a key role. In 1933, the Nazis issued a decree that required Germans to turn in anyone who spoke against the party, its leaders, or the government.

That decree, “For the Defense against Malicious Attacks against the Government,” stated:

1. Whoever purposely makes or circulates a statement of a factual nature which is untrue or grossly exaggerated or which may seriously harm the welfare of the Reich or of a state, or the reputation of the National government or of a state government or of parties or organizations supporting these governments, is to be punished, provided that no more severe punishment is decreed in other regulations, with imprisonment of up to two years and, if he makes or spreads the statement publicly, with imprisonment of not less than three months.

2. If serious damage to the Reich or a state has resulted from this deed, penal servitude may be imposed.

3. Whoever commits an act through negligence will be punished with imprisonment of up to three months, or by a fine.  ...
More at his blog

Offline Smokin Joe

C'mon, man! Can't you see they are bought and paid for. People who upset their applecart and the sweet deals they have bringing in all that moolah from the Chinese are their enemies, and Trump is the poster child for that movement.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

C'mon, man! Can't you see they are bought and paid for. People who upset their applecart and the sweet deals they have bringing in all that moolah from the Chinese are their enemies, and Trump is the poster child for that movement.

I think it's more than "bought and paid for". I think some are ignorant of the risk China poses, and have a conflict of interest carefully orchestrated by China. But I think there are some which China has the ability to blackmail. I believe that Xiden is one of these.

Offline Smokin Joe

I think it's more than "bought and paid for". I think some are ignorant of the risk China poses, and have a conflict of interest carefully orchestrated by China. But I think there are some which China has the ability to blackmail. I believe that Xiden is one of these.
I think it is a carrot AND stick arrangement. If he doe what they want, he'll be rewarded, if not, they dump the dirt and/or start reducing the size of his family...

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Fascinating what a Leftist Media is allowed to get away with.  Just how close are we from being forbidden to wear MAGA or Trump apparel??

Have read my share of Clancy and Ludlum.  If they were alive today, they would have bestsellers on the Trump/Clinton 2016 and Trump/Biden 2020 Elections.

And the media would be front and center.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Fascinating what a Leftist Media is allowed to get away with.  Just how close are we from being forbidden to wear MAGA or Trump apparel??
How close are we from being branded terrorists for flying a US flag on our houses?