Author Topic: Biden Pentagon pick supports lifting transgender military ban  (Read 309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Pentagon pick supports lifting transgender military ban
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:36:19 pm »
Biden Pentagon pick supports lifting transgender military ban
By Rebecca Kheel - 01/19/21 05:27 PM EST

Retired Gen. Lloyd Austin, President-elect Joe Biden’s pick to lead the Pentagon, said Tuesday he supports overturning the Trump administration’s ban on most transgender military service.

“I support the president's plan to overturn the ban,” Austin told the Senate Armed Services Committee at his confirmation hearing Tuesday. “I truly believe, senator, as I said in my opening statement, that if you are fit and you’re qualified to serve and you can maintain the standards, you should be allowed to serve.

That Biden’s nominee supports his plan to overturn a controversial Trump administration policy is not surprising, but the unequivocal answer will reassure advocates who have been pushing Biden to quickly reverse the policy.

“It’s heartening that Defense Secretary-designate Lloyd Austin fully understands the urgency of ending the military’s harmful transgender ban,” Aaron Belkin, director of the Palm Center, said in a statement Tuesday. “Very little needs to be done administratively to finally end discrimination against transgender troops, and we look forward to the arrival of fully inclusive policy very soon.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/534904-biden-pentagon-pick-supports-lifting-transgender-military-ban
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Biden Pentagon pick supports lifting transgender military ban
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 10:46:15 pm »
Bad news for Corporal Klinger,   he did it to get out of the Army.  Now he'd get a promotion.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 11:00:29 pm »
While China genetically engineers super soldiers, we're focused on what bathroom people use. We are so screwed.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 11:26:56 pm »
Tom Cotton Announces He Will Not Support Waiver for Biden Defense Nominee Lloyd Austin
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/19/tom-cotton-announces-he-will-not-support-waiver-biden-defense-nominee-lloyd-austin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34